Matt Jones Released

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteathlete33 said:
The Colts signed Baskett while Jones is still without a job.

Meanwhile, tears continue to be shed at what po' ol' Michael Vick is being put through. I could post this in the Vick thread but it seems more appropriate right now for this thread.

Call off the dogs; Vick's paid enough

The NFL season has begun, and I know who I am rooting for.

Michael Vick.

Once the highest-paid and perhaps most dynamic player in professional football, Mr. Vick has paid the highest price in the history of animal cruelty. And he is still paying.

Now working as a gadget guy and back-up quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles, Mr. Vick has a target on his back and a price on his head - a Philadelphia animal rescue group will make a donation every time Mr. Vick is tackled.

Nice. I guess animal loving doesn't extend to human beings.

Michael Vick and some of his no-good buddies and hangers-on were caught two years ago operating a dog-fighting business and engaging in remarkable cruelty to those dogs who lost or wouldn't fight. It was not only illegal, it was indefensible.

But the punishment did not fit the crime. Mr. Vick spent 18 months in Leavenworth prison. (I am surprised they didn't reopen Alcatraz for him.) He worked as a janitor for 12 cents an hour.

He not only lost his $130 million contract with the Atlanta Falcons, he was forced to repay $6.5 million he'd already received. Of course, he lost all of his endorsement contracts. He was required to pay more than $1 million for the rehabilitation of the dogs that were rescued.

He was forced into bankruptcy with $16 million in debts and was stripped of his homes, cars and boats - permitted to keep only a pickup truck and a house in his hometown of Hampton, Va. I can only imagine what his lawyers' bills look like.

But this isn't about the money. Mr. Vick has a chance to make $7 million with the Eagles, which is a bigger payday than any other ex-con can hope for.

This is about the humiliating tour of self-flagellation he has been forced to walk, and will continue to walk if the Humane Society bullies have anything to say about it.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell required Mr. Vick to appear before him so that he could take a measure of his contrition before he would be permitted to resume his career. Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said he wanted to meet with Mr. Vick and see "a lot of self-hatred" before he would approve his signing.

The shaming continued on CBS's "60 Minutes," where Mr. Vick admitted that he wept in his prison bunk and spoke of his renewed faith in God as interviewer James Brown questioned his sincerity 10 different ways.

But the worst of it is, Mr. Vick is now on a leash held by the Humane Society's Wayne Pacelle. Mr. Vick has to make any number of appearances on behalf of the society, confessing to the error of his ways. "If Mike disappoints us, the public is going to see that," Mr. Pacelle told Mr. Brown on the same "60 Minutes" broadcast.

Mr. Pacelle must be loving this. Mr. Vick's head is on a pike at the city gate as a warning to any who would dare fight dogs, while the Humane Society gets untold millions in free publicity, and probably a healthy amount in donations, too.

Don't misunderstand me. I love dogs. Ask Amber, Lulu and Sugar. But I love human beings more, and what Mr. Vick is being required to endure is its own brand of cruelty. People with houses full of filthy, flea-bitten dogs and cats or farms with starving horses generally pay nothing close to the price Mr. Vick has paid, in freedom, money or reputation.

And this country is completely schizophrenic in its treatment of animals. Not only do we eat them, we treat them with inhumanity before we do. And we hunt them for sport. There was a lottery for the pleasure of killing bears, for heaven's sake. The winners celebrated their good fortune. The bears? Not so much.

Dogs, unlike cows, pigs, chickens and deer, had the good fortune to respond to domestication centuries ago, and for that reason we label them friends, apparently in better standing that the wives, girlfriends or random hotel workers and night-clubbers who happen to get in the way of other sports stars.

For Michael Vick's dogs, the suffering ended in death or rescue. I don't think it is ever going to end for this man.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.reimer14sep14,0,4201467.column

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Unreal. <h1>Colts sign former Eagles receiver Baskett</h1>
&lt;div ="timestamp"&gt;Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:40pm EDT</div>

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Wide receiver Hank Baskett has been snapped up
by the Indianapolis Colts as cover for the injured Anthony Gonzalez
after being released by the Philadelphia Eagles.

The 27-year-old has agreed terms on a one-year contract, according to the league's official website (www.nfl.com).

Colts coach Jim Caldwell said on Thursday that starting receiver
Gonzalez, who injured his knee in Sunday's 14-12 win over the
Jacksonville Jaguars, could be sidelined for up to eight weeks.

Baskett had been with the Eagles since 2006, starting 11 of 48 games including Philadelphia's opener at Carolina on Sunday.

He is married to Playboy model and reality show participant Kendra Wilkinson.

(Reporting by Simon Evans in Miami; Editing by Ken Ferris)

http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE58G68L20090917

Gimme a break! The mudshark/harlot's old man couldn't lace Matt Jones' cleats!!!
smiley7.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I see Vick is listed 4th on the depth chart. I think when his suspension is over he will be ahead of Kevin Kolb.

Also Baskett's best season was a whooping 33 catches. As soon as he was let go another team signed him. What kind of a prize is this guy? He is slow and can't catch for his life.Edited by: whiteathlete33

dwid

Hall of Famer
If Baskett can be signed then why the hell not Matt Jones? Baskett is the definition of a below average receiver that gets to stay in the league because of his skin tone.

However, I think this might work out best for the White receivers Indy already has. Baskett will not do much and Collie will eventually step up and get more catches after Garcon and Baskett fail.

Then when Gonzalez comes back hopefully he will be the number 2 and Collie the number 3. So the positive is, I dont think Baskett will do anything special to justify him being above Gonzalez when he comes back from injury, but you never know in this pro black league. He could be horrible and have one mediocre game and would be solidified at the number 2 position.

Somebody has to sign Matt Jones before the season is up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm disgusted. I was sure he was going to sign with the Titans or Colts. What a joke. Ruining his career over a few beers. The NFL sucks. I refuse to pay much attention to it. I focus on college. Every year the league breaks our hearts not to mention the players that get totally ignored regardless of how much talent they have!

StarWars

Mentor
It really amazes me that he hasn't spoken up yet. He must know what we know by now...

Bear Backer

Mentor
StarWars said:
It really amazes me that he hasn't spoken up yet. He must know what we know by now...

It amazes me that none of the white athletes who get screwed by the NFL speak up, but then reality sinks and I realize they are still hoping for crumbs to be thrown their way. Speak out and they can assure crumbs will never be thrown their way again and incur the media firestorm and racist stigma that will be thrown their way. That is the way it works at least for now in America. Blacks cry racism everyday over even the most minute of perceived slight and they are the automatic victims who have a legit case until proven otherwise. Whites who dare to say that they have been discriminated against are automatically on the defensive and in many cases painted as in the wrong themselves, since the mainstream media is controlled by entities who are hostile to white America. Whites have no large organizations with jewish money behind them like the NAACP to march in their favor. They don't have race pimps like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton who are professional agitators with large financial backing to scream in their favor that they are being discriminated against. Even being signed to the practice squad is a great job by most standards in this country. You can make $80,000 dollars a year being a tackling dummy in hopes that it can lead to a minimal deal in the NFL which is still a six figure contract. I don't look for anything to change regarding the caste system until the money system which drives it is substantially weakened.

foreverfree

Mentor
Bear Backer said:
I don't look for anything to change regarding the caste system until the money system which drives it is substantially weakened.

Being a theist, I would not want to be in the shoes of Dan Rooney, Andy Reid, etc. on judgment day. They might have a LOT of explaining to do to the Big Guy. May He have mercy on them.

John

StarWars

Mentor
Bear Backer said:
I don't look for anything to change regarding the caste system until the money system which drives it is substantially weakened.

So true. In so many ways money is the key to everything regarding the caste system. Would blacks ever even work their asses off on the field to get out of the ghetto if the payday was like 60k a year? No way. They'd try to be pimps and gangsters. Same with track. Without money, teroids, and the heroes they see on tv like Usain Bolt, I doubt blacks would care much about track in America, or even succeed in it as much even if they did run.

Pollyanna

Guru
It would appear that Matt Jones was systematically destroyed from the day he was drafted. One may ague that he was made into a receiver (with a terrible quarterback throwing to him) in order to keep him from using his natural talent as a running quarterback. Had he been given the opportunity to play quarterback, his skills would have embarrassed too many Afroletes.

After Jones had demonstrated his above average ability in learning to be a reciever last year (leaving much yoke on the negro corners faces), the league was just looking for an excuse to exhile him, PERMENANTLY. Hence, 2 beers=banned for life and Murder/torturing dogs=get another chance. That seems fair.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I was just thinking how ridiculous this is. I think that if Matt Jones' out of this world talent was crunching numbers as a stock broker that even Wall Street would be giving him a second chance right now. Even a job where you have to act so "proper", wear a jacket and tie and be clean shaven would be giving Jones a second chance if that was his natural talent. But the National Felon League prefers violent/ dangerous felons (if they're black) to someone who tried coke a few times, got caught once and now has taken steps to work even harder and clean up his act.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From Adam Schefter's blog:

Q: Hey Adam, what is going on with Matt Jones? Is he ever going to get signed this year, or at all?
-- Rich (Bakersfield, Calif.)

A: Pretty amazing to me that he hasn't been, Rich. Here's a receiver who didn't play a handful of games for the Jaguars last season and still was their most productive player. We know Tennessee called him, Chicago did and Dallas did. It's hard for me to believe that Jones is not worth a roster spot in at least one of those cities. But the character questions that he brought upon himself obviously continue to haunt him -- that is the only reason he isn't working today. There can't be any other explanation. It would be nice if, eventually, some team gave him a chance if it felt Jones could help and be a contributor. Just surprised it hasn't happened yet.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gee there sure can't be any other reason that no one wants him. Maybe his lack of a tan. What a joke! We all know what the NFL stands for. Maybe by now, Matt knows as well. He should speak out or at least his agent should. What a waste of talent.

white lightning said:
Gee there sure can't be any other reason that no one wants him. Maybe his lack of a tan. What a joke! We all know what the NFL stands for. Maybe by now, Matt knows as well. He should speak out or at least his agent should. What a waste of talent.

I want Matt Jones to make a comeback. This is the thing movies are made of. Someone makes a small mistake, and is cast aside. Then, they work hard, find a small opening and succeed beyond their wildest dreams. If Matt Jones were to speak up now and say "I have been discriminated against because I'm a white wide receiver" he would literally have next to no allies besides CF. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck would use this as an example where they say "When black people say crazy things, I call them out... Here's an example where a white person is saying a crazy thing, and I call them out too!"

I want Matt to sign with a team, have several outstanding seasons, and THEN speak out against anti-white racism. He will be discredited, even if he put up HOF numbers, but at least at that point it would give him and us a better argument. I wish the best for Matt and I hope we are all thinking positively for him and hoping the best. Remember, every word and thought reverberates throughout the universe forever. Let's not speak negatively about his prospects, so that we may see him succeed!

Pollyanna

Guru
I have a dream that one day all God's children, black and white will play football in the NFL together and they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their ability. I have a dream.

Taco

Guru
Pollyanna said:
I have a dream that one day all God's children, black and white will play football in the NFL together and they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their ability.  I have a dream.

smiley32.gif

Riddlewire

Master
ESPN's resident NFL "expert", John Clayton, was interviewed today on an Arkansas sports radio talk show. He was asked about Matt's prospects for this season. Unfortunately, I only heard the very end of what he was saying. There may have been more to it, but from what I heard, no NFL team is currently considering Matt. To them, he is out of football. Although Clayton himself said they he thinks Matt could make a good fill-in "possession receiver" for some struggling team.
I think it may be time for Matt to get into college coaching. He has been permanently banned by the NFL behind closed doors. He needs to think about the rest of his life. He should establish himself as a college coach, potentially as a Quarterbacks coach at some school that uses the spread option, like West Virginia (Matt was dominating in that offense before Pat White ever gained fame for it). In time, he might be able to work his way up to having his own program. And then he will be the one with full autonomy on personnel decisions.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
RW, I think Matt's definitely blackballed at least this season, and possibly indefinitely (from the NFL). I think he should consider Arena League or CFL if he wants to keep playing, or coaching (as you alluded to). The whole ordeal is such a (caste-esque) outrage!&gt;:[

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this situationmakes me so angry that i can't think straight.

also, DD, the top division of the Arena League has closed its doors ...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It makes me mad too. I don't even know what to say at this point.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It seems like we can't catch a break. In Matt Jones you have the fastest 6'6 player ever in the NFL and he can't even get a team to sign him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I wonder if he ever becomes a head coach down the road would he mysteriously catch the Castean disease?

Bart

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
It seems like we can't catch a break. In Matt Jones you have the fastest 6'6 player ever in the NFL and he can't even get a team to sign him.

Makes me wonder if the NFL monitors this site.We support Matt Jones, so he gets blackballed. Character issues? What a joke! Most of the afroletes have issues that are far worse. Michael Vick is a prime example. He gets to trade his orange jump suit for a contract and an NFL jersey. But of course, we despise him, so he HAD to get signed.

Last year P. Hillis got us all excited.He was absolutely awesome when given the opportunity by Shanahan to play. Could that be the REAL reason why MIke was axed? I wouldn't doubt it. The new coach isn't about to make the same mistake. So he makes sure PH watches the game from the bench, until they need him as a special teams demon, which is a nice way to get him injured.
smiley6.gif
Am I cynical? You bet!