Matic Osovnikar

albinosprint

Mentor
good for him!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic finished in 2nd in Helsinki,Finland today in a time of 10.32 which was a disapointment.He had just run a 10.12 a little over a week ago.Even on his website,go to the guest board.People write in and post comments or questions to Matic.He even said that after the 10.12 race recently,he was sure he could go sub 10!This is straight from his mouth.I think he needs some rest as he has raced around 10 races in the last month and a half.He has almost 2 weeks to prepare for the Euro Cup.Let's hope he can bring home a medal and a new p.b. in both the 100 & 200 meters.
smiley32.gif

freedom1

Mentor
His 10.32 probably isn't that bad considering first place was 10.28. He ran as well as anyone else there considering the conditions.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic admitted he was tight and very tired.He will be ready for the championships as he has 10 days off.I expect him to open some eyes.Good luck to him at the Euro Cup.Make Slovenia proud!
smiley32.gif

devans

Mentor
He looked really impressive in the europeans and came 3rd in the final with a time of 10.14 secs, in a cool wet evening.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic ran a horrible race today in Zurich.He finished way back off the pack in a time of 10.40! I think he is just about wore out from the long season.He races two more times in the next week but I won't hold my breath.I think it's almost time for him to rest and get back to it next year.He still had a good year and increased his p.b. a little while winning a bronze medal.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I think maybe he had a let down after the Euro Championships. I'm sure that was the meet he was peaking for this season.
However, he is in good shape and has only been running this season for 2 months or less. I think he should get out there and try to run fast times now, especially given his current fitness. I know he's not that old, but he's not that young either.Who knows what might happen next year. Go for it while you can.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic came in 4th today in a time of 10.28!He had another bad start but rebounded nicely with a solid but not great time.Dariuz Kuc was a disapointment as he only managed to run a 10.40!The season is coming to an end and you can tell that these guys are really tired.I really think that next year could be even more exciting.Craig Pickering will be back in a big way and so will all of the other young rising stars.I want to see Craic and Dariusz race each other.That would be cool.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic won a meet in his homeland today with a time of 10.33.He easily beat fellow countryman Jan Zumer.It has been a long season and I believe that this will be his last race of the year.He has big hopes for next year and making a finals at the World Outdoor Championships in Japan.

albinosprint

Mentor
does anyone know how matic did at the Russian meet on the 28th? I can't find the results anywhere.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic also ran a 6.70 time on Jan. 20th.He is off to a slow start but I'm sure he will be ok.This guy trains his butt off and has had a solid career thus far.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just a short update on Matic.He is currently training in sunny California.Thus far,he is looking really good in his preparation for the outdoor season.His indoor season left alot to be desired but he seems to be back on track and focused.I have a feeling that he will get into the 10.05 range this year.He is so close.Good luck to him this summer and at the World Championships.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Matic ran a 10.19 today in Prague.
I don't get this guy. He is so inconsistent, but once a year seems to pull off a good time.
Here's hoping he can do it more than a few times this year.
Christian Krone from South Africa was 10.25 and Kuc from Poland 10.30, in the same race.

mastermulti

Master
I wonder how good those conditions were.
Kuc only managed 10.56 (+0.1) on the 9th June.
Good for "Omomatic", 10.19 is a nice place to be this time of the season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic followed up his 10.19 with another win today in Germany.He won in a time of 10.22 into a negative 0.5 headwind.Osovnikar is looking in good shape but as I've said before,he needs to not race so much.He hits his peak too early in the summer.The World Championships are where he needs to be peaking.Hopefully he is just gettin started.This is one of his best seasons in a few years as far as consistancy lately.Keep it up Matic!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic could just be the one to go sub 10 first. I would be happy if he did as he has put in his dues over the last 7 or 8 years. He is a pleasure to watch compete and a very nice guy as well.For any of you who haven't been to his website, here it is.

maticosovnikar.com

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic took the silver medal today in Italy in that area of the Euro Cup.He ran a very average 10.30 for 2nd.I still say that he races too much.The human body needs more time to recover when you run as fast as these guys do_Oh well,at least he medaled.Ivel Lalova won the womens race.I love this woman.
smiley2.gif

Kim Gaveart won the gold in her Euro Cup race in a blistering time of 11.13!Way to go Kim.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matic won the race in Zagreb today.He blitzed the field in a time of 10.19! He also finished 4th in the 200 meters with a time of 20.88 also wind legal.Osovnikar may not be getting faster at the moment but there is still hope.He has run as fast as Pickering most of the time and he is finally finishing races stronger.He has always had a slight problem with endurance.Matic just needs to kick it up another gear for the worlds.If he could make the 100 finals at the worlds,that would be great.I've always thought that he should do a little more work in the weight room.He is ripped with muscle but doesn't have the size i.m.o. to go sub 10.Upper body strength really can help over that last 30 meters or so.Regardless,he is having a very nice season.Keep it up Matic!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Now that is more like the guy that made the World Championships 100 Finals last year. I've been waiting for him to have at least one really solid race similar to Pickering. Hopefully that will get Matic some confidence. As I've said before, his website is really cool. He even answers questions from fans. Matic also sometimes will send free autographed pics to fans. You don't get any nicer than Matic and track could use more athletes like that. It would help the popularity of the sport. Way to go Matic. Keep it up!

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It's sad, because with all the doping and other fraud going on in athletics today, the average person doesn't appreciate what an incredibly phenomenal achievement it is to run a hundred meters in 10.16 seconds.

greyghost

Mentor
no consistency, lack of personal records for white sprinters why? just cant understand how talented sprinters like yepishin ,unger or osovnikar didnt PB in beijing , these men should be more competitive on the biggest stage no excuses or at least be close to their respectivePB,S preparation has to be questioned including psychlogical prep both unger and yepishin have to compete more on foreign soil and build confidence
smiley7.gif
its frustrating these men have are talented enough