Jordan Boase

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jordan got 4th at the NCAAs in 44.83.
He missed 3rd place by a sliver - 3/1000ths of a second.
One of the announcers had picked him to win based on how well he looked last night in his semi.
But I think it was one round too many for him. Remember this is his first full year running the 400 as a collegiate, so i expect bigger things from him next year.
In the meantime, he still has a chance to make the Olympic Team either in the 400 or the 4 x 400.
Good Luck to Jordan.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The thing that I like is that no one can argue that he is legit. He has went sub 45 three times already. Alot of fans thought it was a fluke the first time but now they know that this kid is for real.

Why didn't he run in the 200 at the Pac Ten or at the NCAA Nationals? I think that he is even a better 200 guy. He can appoach 20 seconds in the next couple of years and that is flying. Hopefully he will at least double next year. I want to see him in the shorter sprint throwing down some serious times! Congrats to Jordan on a great season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordan Boase is going to run in both the 200 and the 400 meters at the USA Track & Field National Olympic Meet starting this weekend. He probably isn't quite ready for this level of competition yet but it will be a very valuable experience for him going into the future. He plans to run track profesionally.

I'm really intrigued with what kind of times he can run in the deuce in the next couple of years. This kid is has alot of upside and amazing talent. Good luck to him.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It would be great to see Jeremy Wariner and Jordan Boase go 1-2 in the 400 meter at the 2012 Olympics. I think Boase has that type of potential.

I am really hoping to see Wariner get the WR at this Olympics. Wariner will really be pushed by LaShawn Merritt who has ran a sub 44 400 meter last summer and just came off beating Wariner in Berlin. Wariner is mad at himself because he doesn't like to lose. It would be great to see a new world record from Wariner at this Olympics.

Can you imagine Wariner running a 42.9x in the 400 meter. Wariner has set the bar high for himself and believes he can not only get the world record, but he could be the first to go sub 43! I am skeptical that sub 43 can be done without drugs though, but good luck to Boase and Wariner!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well I had heard rumors on other track boards but now I know that they were true. Jordan didn't seem to be himself for a long time becaue he wasn't performing like we have come to expect him to. Now he finally admits that for the last two months of the season, he was running with a stress fracture. Ouch, that's got to hurt. He still hasn't decided whether to turn pro or not this year or next year. I say go for the money now. The career of a sprinter is not that long. Do it while you can. Good luck to him on a speedy recovery. Here is the link to the article.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/olympics/2008048747_ol ynotes13.html

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jordan opened up his indoor season with a 20.85 200m in Idaho.
It is the second-fastest time in the NCAA so far this season, and second all-time at Washington.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jordan ran 46.15 today in Washington.
I think it's the fastest time in world right now.
It's his 1st 400m this year, so he's off to a great start.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a sprinter this kid is. He has the 3rd fastest 200 meter time of any college kid in the country and now the fastest 400 in the world. All in his first two races. He could end up being the next Wariner. I hope they don't just make him into a 400 meters guy. I would love for him to keep running both events. Way to go Jordan!

G

nice cant wait to see what he'll do outdoors. wariner better beg for clyde hart to take him back, it looks like hes dying in the last 100m without him.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boase won the Mt. Pacific Championships in another great time - 46.09.
He will be a top contender for the NCAA championships.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is the 2nd fastest time in the world after the italian guy who ran a 46.03! Boase is tearing it up. I can't wait for him to turn pro and join Wariner on the USATF Team. I'm just afraid that they are going to make Boase into a full time 400 meter man. He has better pure speed than Wariner. His 200 times can potentially get down near 20 seconds flat. Let's hope he continues to double.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boase qualified for the finals in both the 200m and 400m today at the Pac 10 Championships.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hope he continues to double. His coach would prefer that he stick with the 400? To me that makes no sense. Imagine if Michael Johnsons Coach said that? We all know that they would only ask a white guy to run the longer distance. More stereotyping.

Boase could approach 20 seconds flat in the deuce if he trained more for it. He has a p.b. in the 20.30's! That is flying for anyone, let alone a college kid!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boase won the 400m today at the Pac 10 Championships - 45.64.
A convincing win - 2nd place was 3/10s behind him.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Bad news - Boase last in the 200m finals at the Pac 10 championships.
His time 39.58 seconds. That means he probably pulled a muscle or suffered some sort of injury. Damn.

albinosprint

Mentor
oh, that blows! he had a stress fracture last year. if this kid could get the season in injury free, he could at least make the relay team for Berlin. he should have made the relay team for the Olympics. I hope it's not serious.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Turns out he felt a slight pull and so just eased up in the race.
It's a shame though. He was the overwhelming favorite to win the 200m. He also would have been the favorite last year, but ran just the 400m instead. I would have liked to see him get the 200m title, because there hasn't been a white 200m winner at the Pac 10 in many years. Boase is a senior so that chance is gone for him, but at least he won the 400m.

albinosprint

Mentor
now that he is going to be out of college he needs to go get Hart as his coach. this kid is still really raw talent. with a good coach he could be as fast as JW. I really want to see him in the top 3 at the trials.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jordan wins the NCAA West regional 400m.
Glad he wasn't seriously injured at the Pac 10 championships, but still don't think he is 100%. Hopefully he will be in top form for the US Trials.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congratulations to Jordan Boase. This kid acheived alot for anyone, let alone some one who almost quit track forever. I'm glad he has the passion for sprinting again. He has some serious talent. I am anxious to see him turn pro.

albinosprint

Mentor
interesting to see what he could do if he had Hart for a coach.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well it seems Boase hasn't fully recovered from his injury. He ran tonight in the semis of the NCAAs, and only ran a 46.55. If he were healthy, he would have been expected to medal, possibly even win this event. He may have been able to medal in the 200m too. What a shame!
The good news is that Jonathan Borlee from Belgium won his semi, and from what I read on the track message boards he looked fantastic! He basically walked across the finish line and still finished first in 45.25. Guys who saw the race expect him to dip well below 45 in the final. Let's hope so.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite the set back, it is time for him to turn pro. I think he has
a very bright future ahead of him. It seems to me that he gets hurt
more running the 400, maybe he should stick to the 200. Either way, the
kid can run and when healthy, he is scary fast! Congrats of Boase on
a very nice college career.