Jordan Boase

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordan Boase runs for the Washington Huskies. He won the 400 today in a blazing time of 44.82 seconds! Jordan redshirted last year and has put himself in a very good postion with the US Olympic Trials coming up in a couple of months. What a shocker. This kid came out of no where. I've never even heard of him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm suprised no one is posting anything about this kid. He is a 200/400 sprinter with good speed and nice form. He needs to work on his endurance however as he tied up a little in his last race. Imagine if this kid can continue to progress. I want to see what he can do over the deuce.

albinosprint

Mentor
whats his time in the 200

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's an excellent time for a collegian. If he peaks at the right time he will be in the mix for the 1600 meter relay pool and has an outside shot at the making the team outright. While the last name is ethnic sounding I wasn't sure if he was white......

Vindicator

2008-04-18_011217_55868.jpeg

It's impressive how much Jordan is improving! Here is his bio with PBs at various distances on the Washington track and field web page:

Jordan Boase bio

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here's another article on Boase.

[url]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/othersports/359781_boase19.htm l[/url]

He is a raw talent. Only started running track late in his senior year of high school, and took all of last year off.
The most amazing thing...this is only his 5th outdoor 400m race ever!
I hope there's more to come.
Would be great if he, Wariner, and Andrew Rock all end up on the Olympic 4 x 400m relay.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordan won the 200 meters today in a time of 20.37 wind legal! HOLY COW is that fast! They are starting to take this kid for real. The closest competitor was almost a second slower so he was never even pushed. He ran this time like it was a jog in the park. Keep it up Jordan!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jordan now has the #1 collegiate time in the US, for both the 400m and the 200 meters.
Hopefully this is the start of something big!

white is right

Hall of Famer
He is another white talent who almost got lost in the shuffle. When you friends have to egg you on to join the track team, you know that school support is virtually nil. You have to wonder where his brain dead gym coach was?
smiley11.gif
Also how many other white kids are lost in the administrative black hole.....
smiley11.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
He is another white talent who almost got lost in the shuffle. When you friends have to egg you on to join the track team, you know that school support is virtually nil. You have to wonder where his brain dead gym coach was?
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif

That is just like the case of Andrew Rock who got a gold medal for the 4x400 meter relay team in 2004, yet was only considered good enough for Div. III. It was one of the top Div. III programs though. Do you guys remember which school? I think it might have been Bill Shroeder's school; Wisconsin-Lacross was it?

albinosprint

Mentor
20.37 is amazing for someone so new to the sport. this kid, like JW is going to blow away allot of stereo types!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
TJR: Andrew Rock graduated from Wisconsin-LaCrosse.

If we could have Jeremy Wariner, Andrew Rock, and Jordon Boase in the 400m, man, I would be in heaven come August.

The incredible talent of Wariner, who still doesn`t get the press from the MSM that he deserves, will open more doors for whites in track and field. How much remains to be seen, of course, but people can`t keep their heads up their arses believing that there are not some white athletes out there who can be among the best, or, in Wariner`s case, the very best.

white is right said:
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif

Thanks for this post. As I former track & field coach, I know that you have made a good point. I can distinctly remember when I was a first-year coach at a racially mixed school and all the white kids who came out for the track & field team self-identified themselves as distance runners. Conversely, the black kids self-identified themselves as good at anything. Also, there were few white girls out for track even though it was obvious that some of the white soccer players were faster than the black girls who were on the team. I had several white sprinters, though, by simply requiring everyone to run the 100 meter dash and designating the fastest runners as sprinters. But, apparently many "brain dead" coaches never think of such a "brilliant" thing.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It's nice to see white males experiencing somewhat of a renaissance in the longer sprints in recent years.

It will be nice to get a white runner to become a force in the 100 and 200, as we are well represented in the 400, and of course whites have always been contenders in the 800 and 1500.

The East Africans seem to have things pretty locked in the 5000 and 10000 right now, though the Europeans and Australians keep slogging away.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Kenteris blip would have been nicer if another dominant runner had followed his path. Even with Kenteris being a roider it was still nice to see Kenteris beating obvious other cheats at their own game. Also seeing the dumbfounded look on the other runners face after the final in Sydney was priceless....
smiley36.gif

white is right said:
The Kenteris blip would have been nicer if another dominant runner had followed his path. Even with Kenteris being a roider it was still nice to see Kenteris beating obvious other cheats at their own game. Also seeing the dumbfounded look on the other runners face after the final in Sydney was priceless....
smiley36.gif

Kenteris' win in the 2000 Olympic finals was inspirational, to say the least. I've watched it many times and got goose bumps each time. Now, if only an American Caucasian will win the 100 or 200, like Wariner won the 400! I will love reading the story in SI, Sporting News, ESPN, etc.

G

highschoolcoach said:
white is right said:
smiley36.gif

Kenteris' win in the 2000 Olympic finals was inspirational, to say the least. I've watched it many times and got goose bumps each time. Now, if only an American Caucasian will win the 100 or 200, like Wariner won the 400! I will love reading the story in SI, Sporting News, ESPN, etc.

Until then, Sports Illustrated will just run articles like this:

Entire Greek Team wiped out of Olympics due to 'roiding

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Maximus said:
highschoolcoach said:
white is right said:
smiley36.gif

Until then, Sports Illustrated will just run articles like this:

Entire Greek Team wiped out of Olympics due to 'roiding

While you're smugly cherry-picking your stories of white athletic futility, you might cast your eyes on the continuing glories of your hero Carl Lewis.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/04/17/1050172709693.html

Or maybe you can just try to pick an argument somewhere else.

Somewhere in America, a ladies' sewing club is missing its drama queen.

We've gotten pretty far from the topic of Jordan Boase, but I'd just like to say that I'm sure glad that another inspirational sprinter in the 2000 Olympics, "Marvelous Marion" Jones, is above reproach. LOL

Couldn't resist and that's the end of my "trash talking".

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Jordan Boase, he will be running this weekend at the Pac 10 championships.
I believe he will run the 400m - I hope so. It will be very interesting to see how he does.
He has only run one 400m race outdoors all year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I personally would like to see him run the 200 meters as well. I don't know why he wouldn't. Maybe with the relays, he doesn't think he will have the energy. Good luck to Jordan this weekend.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the heads up guys, I didn't know a thing about this kid until I read this thread. What a awesome time in the 400 and 200 for a kid relatively new to the sport. He's obviously got a big time future ahead of him if he stays the course and stays healthy. The next Jeremy Wariner.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Jordan was 2nd at the Pac 10 championships with a time of 44.97.
If he had run the 200m, he would have definitely won that title, as his times are much faster than the what they ran in the finals. But the heats of the 400m were too close to the 200m heats, and plus he had to run on the 4 x 100m and 4 x 400m relays.
Too bad that the other fastest 400m collegiate runner in the country is in his conference - I would have liked to see him win the title.
But this was only his 2nd 400m race outdoors this season. Hopefully he can improve at the regionals and the nationals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is still a damn good time. He has run under 45 seconds two races in a row. No one can doubt that this kid is a legit threat at both the 200 and 400 meters. Congrats on his performance. I would love to see him primarily focus on the deuce next season. We need a 100 and 200 meters star to give future kids hope that they can be a champion over the shorter sprints.