Jeremy Wariner

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner finished 2nd at the Drake Relays in the 200 meters in a time of 20.57! Not the kind of time that he was looking for.He won the event last year but I still wouldn't be too worried yet.First off,this is not his main event.Second,he is focused on not peaking until this summer.The World Championships are not until August and they are bringing him along very slowly.I just wonder if he will still compete at the 200 at the US National Championships in June.I hope he still does as I really believe that running the deuce really helps him in his 400 races.If he is going to break the world record,he needs to continue running the deuce to get the early speed needed for the record.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I would love to see Wariner get the world record at 400 meters and I think he has the ability. I believe whites are also capable of grabbing world records at 800 meters and the high jump and maybe even the 1500 meters. We only have the Triple Jump world record currently and even an Asian Liu Xiang or whatever his name is has the 110 hurdles record of 12.88. I also think there is an Asian in the top 10 times for Mens Marathon and Half Marathon in world competition but no whites, it is mostly East Africans in these events and the Steeple Chase also.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

freedom1

Mentor
Wariner's Osaka 44.02 is the fastest 400 ever recorded in the month of May.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Holy Cow! That is fast as ever for the beginning of May or any other time of the year for that matter.Wariner is one of my favorite sprinters and he has helped our cause as much as any other athlete in the world.He only needs to accomplish several other goals to be the best of all time.

First he must break the world record in the 400 of 43.18.I can see this happening by next year.Second he must go sub 20 in the 200 multiple times and prove that he is more than just a one lap sprinter.Wariner needs to show the fans his world class speed.He next races a 200 at the Addidas Open and I can see him getting very close there.

He also must defend his Olympic Gold Medals and World Championship Gold Medals in 2007 and 2008!He needs to at least be a two time champion in my opinion to be considered as good or better than MJ.If he can do these things,he also could very easily win a set of 3rd medals in 2012 in London.

Wariner is simply the best 400 meter sprinter in the world and he is getting better every year.He is only 23 years old and he hasn't come close to his peak performances yet!Good luck to JW the rest of the summer!

waterbed

Mentor
I am thinking about training sprint because they dont give me a chance at a professional soccerclub and I **** athletics.(the coach is black and is from the same country as the guy on my possesion in the field surinmame dutch colony)In Holland you can not sprint in high school like in US.I am looking now for a sprintclub.they tested me once 60 meter at sportday i ran 7.01. i have never ran a hundred meter.The 100 meter sprint record in Holland is 10.10 100 meter hold by a black from the Antilles.the white record is only 10.14.
the athletic federation has 1800 members and the most are black. Most whites play soccer or do fight sport,
K-1 world champion heaviweight is (white)dutch.I am average height 185 cm (yes dutch people are tall) is that good height for a sprinter ?

Whats crazy about Wariner is that he has run the third fastest 400 meter time in History. It can be argued that Michael Johnson was juicing as the dude was jacked but also Quincy Watts didint have any substantial 400 meter running years outside of 1992. Im wondering if Jeremy might be the fastest " clean " 400 meter runner ever? At least Johnson has always publicly supported Wariner in his endeavors.

albinosprint

Mentor
Drunkblackfan; Im wondering if Jeremy might be the fastest " clean " 400 meter runner ever?[/QUOTE said:
good point! if I'm not mistaken Watts got nailed for PEDs a few years later. Johnson was no doubt on HGH when he was setting those records. no one at the age of 30 starts breaking WR. Butch Reynolds my have been clean.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Today in Texas, 20.53 for Wariner and Jared Connaughton right with him in 20.54.
That's a pretty good time for Wariner.
I hope it bodes well for his 400m times later this season.

trackster

Mentor
It's a decent time, but I'm not sure what to make of times in these early, trivial meets. Frankly, I'd rather see Wariner running longer distances in March.

trackster

Mentor
quote from an article:

Wariner was supposed to run the 4x400, but like last week at TCU, one of his relay teammates was injured. He will run the 4x400 next week at the Texas Relays, and possibly the 4x100, before running his first open 400 of the season at Texas State on April 7.

"Coach [Clyde] Hart was a little disappointed we didn't get a relay in, but he just said we'll have to pick up training and start getting a little more strength work in," Wariner said. "That just means a lot of pain the next few weeks."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner is looking good. Coach Hart will have him ready for the Olympics. I agree with Jeremy that the training will be like he has never seen. I don't think he will have any trouble finishing races as he is lighter, healthy and he will be in the best shape of his life for London!

greyghost

Mentor
outdoor

Wariner is looking good. Coach Hart will have him ready for the Olympics. I agree with Jeremy that the training will be like he has never seen. I don't think he will have any trouble finishing races as he is lighter, healthy and he will be in the best shape of his life for London!
true !! also i would like to see J.CONN loose some weight as he is i am sure targeting the 200.

trackster

Mentor
The buzz on the race is that the winds were swirling around 25 mph in Texas, so we can hope that was the cause of the bad time. I'd certainly like to see him uncork a fast one soon, though.

The race is on the first page of Flotrack, for anyone interested.

trackster

Mentor
I feel like Wariner's endurance is coming around--based on his sub-45 a week ago--but his speed just doesn't seem to be there. He was in action again tonight, running in Arkansas at a low key meet. He ran the 200, finishing fourth in 20.76, despite a 1.3 wind. Close behind him, incidentally, was Neil Braddy in 20.90. Braddy's time is actually more impressive, though, as he had already run a 46.03 400 (finishing second) and would have had tired legs.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Bad news for Wariner - LaShawn Merritt just ran 44.19 in Doha today, which is a great time.
Wariner really has his work cut out for him if he wants to get back the gold medal this year.

Meanwhile, a new guy, Luguelin Santos, 18yr old, came in 2nd at 44.88.
He's not exactly white, but he's not black either. Hispanic I guess.
http://www.minideportesrd.com/?p=5447
Martyn Rooney was 4th in 44.99.

Last edited:

trackster

Mentor
You forgot to add the phrase "convicted drug cheat" in front of LaShawn Merrit...

Santos is incredibly impressive, whatever his background is.

That's two sub 45's in a row for Rooney, a great start to the season after I thought he was fading. Turns out that last year (when he was terrible), he worked on speed. This year, he's back to working on endurance, and it's proving much more successful.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
45.04 today from Wariner in Georgia.
There's some spirited debate on the T&FN discussion boards about whether this time indicates that Wariner is going to struggle this season; or whether it's too soon to tell.

I tend to agree with those who say it's not looking good for him...
Historically in Wariner's best seasons, he ran fast early; in his worse seasons, he ran slow early.
In other words, he season was predictable to an extent, based on his early times.
So, it seems Wariner is headed to an average season (for him). A medal might be out of reach.....
I really, really hope I'm wrong, but I'm very worried - again.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
To be fair to him thought it was a low key meet with nothing at stake can he won the race by more than a full second over the 2nd place runner. I would say he was in cruise control. He may or may not beat Lashawn(mr viagara)Merritt but I'm not writing him off yet. Times in May don't get you medals. He only needs to perform at the US National Champs and then in London.

greyghost

Mentor
blah

yep, agree with WL august is still along way in racing terms , and a top jeremy wariner has always raced to a champion ship ie he has not raced this much during a season since 2007, so i think post foot injury he is going well and i am sure that coach hart will have him as good as he can be this season come london . and note merrit is a doper no doubt . and wada and the iaaf are naive corporate idiots :panda::panda::panda::panda:

trackster

Mentor
By itself, that time tells us little. Without a video, we don't know if he jogged it in or strained to finish. Hopefully, someone can post one shortly.