Jeremy Wariner

albinosprint

Mentor
JW never lets me down, so it would be nice to see Rock PR!

albinosprint

Mentor
400 Metres -Brussels&nb sp;&nb sp;&nb sp;&nb sp;
1 Wariner Jeremy44.29& nbsp;& nbsp;
2 Kikaya Gary&n bsp;44.62
3 Merritt LaShawn44.74
4 Simpson Brandon44.93
5 Rock Andrew 44.97& nbsp;
6 Djhone Leslie 45.27& nbsp;

7 Francique Alleyne45.58
8 Blackwood Michael45.61
9 Christopher Tyler45.88

and another win for JW. Rock a bit of a let down.& nbsp;

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner racing Sunday in Berlin,Germany.I expect him to pop a really fast time.I wills ay he runs in the mid 43 second range.He is going for the jackpot.Barring him falling down,I can't see anyone beating him period!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner wins a share of the jackpot for going undefeated in every race.He ran a 44.26 today.He has had one of the best seasons of any 400 meter sprinter ever.The guy is just amazing.Congrats to Wariner!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner has now won 13 straight races going into this weekend.He is very tired but still hopes to run another sub 44 race.I hope he can do it.I would love to see him run some more deuces next year.He really needs to get a sub 20 so that more people will see just how special he really is.Wariner will be the best of all time in his event before it is all said and done.He has another 8 to 10 years left to leave some records that will never be broken.Good luck to him this weekend.

surfsider

Guru
From IAAF.org (Rock was fourth in 44.69)

Jeremy Wariner, who won a $249,999 share of the IAAF Golden League Jackpot with his six-out-of-six winning streak last week in Berlin, needed a new WAF record of 44.02 to edge out Congalese Gary Kikaya, who smashed the long standing African record of Innocent Egbunike (44.17) with a 44.10 run in second place. The fast Stuttgart track produced a new PB for former World junior champion Lashawn Merritt who ran 44.14 in third place in one of the deepest 400 meters of the season.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Gary Kikaya - Trevor Graham coached athlete as of this year.
Need I say more?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Graham needs to be kicked out of track.It's amazing how certain coaches just turn out roid babies like crazy.It's only obvious when he has multiple sprinters who go from no where to world class.Again I repeat,Wariner would be off the charts if he ever took p.e.d.s. I'm so glad he doesn't though.He will break the world record by 2008 at the latest.Wariner is simply the man!
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
That's the thing, I'm almost certain he doesn't
cheat, it would be ashame to see
him beat by a cheating athlete
at the olympics who goes Balco
undetected!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner is in top gear in training for the outdoor season.He plans to go sub 20 in the 200 meters this season.This is from his website.He will try to challenge for the 200 US Title.I like the speed work he is doing.In the long run,he will in my opinion break the world record in the 400 because he is running more deuces.I can't wait to see him dip under 20 seconds.There are still many skeptics but he will shut them all up soon enough.He is probably around the third best 200 guy in the US and that isn't his event!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Look out guys,Wariner opens his season tommorow in a 4x400 Relay.Next weekend he will run his first 200 meters at the UTA Invitational.Jeremy will also run the same distance at the Addidas Track Classic and at the US Outdoor National Championships.Do I smell a sub 20 by summer?Hell yeah!
smiley32.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Jeremy is one of my favorite athletes and one of the biggest caste busters as well. White Lightning..are any of these track meets televised?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
No one has posted the results, so I'm assuming Wariner did not run that well. If any one knows, please post. I'm going to hit Google and will come back with the info if someone hasn't beaten me to it by the time I find it.

EDIT: Wariner's team won in a field of four teams, with a 3:03:54, with Wariner running the anchor. The second place team ran it in a 3:04:46.

I haven't found anything yet on Wariner's individual time. Edited by: White Shogun

white is right

Hall of Famer
I doubt he was running for time, probably just to warm his body up. Similar to a racehorse using a prep race before the Breeders or Derby.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As far as I can tell,he didn't run last weekend.Wariner opens his season this weekend and will be running in the 200 meters.The only knock that I have ever heard about JW is that his critics don't believe his has true God Given Speed like guys like X.Carter and W.Spearmon.These people are full of crap.He will prove to them that he can go sub 20. I expect him to run in the 20.20 range for his first time out and to quickly improve on that! I fully expect Wariner to run several sub 20's this year.I can't wait for Jeremy to prove to all of those so called experts,how dumb they really are.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
white lightning,
I looked up the results for the TSU Invitational. I'm not a track expert by any means, but from what I read it looked like there were only four pro teams that participated in the meet, with lots of scratches and DNP. There were three Top USA teams (If I remember correctly, one of which was Wariner's team) and one other, and in the list of runners for the fastest team it had Wariner marked with (4). I assumed that meant that he ran the anchor.

I didn't save the link, I should have and posted it here instead of relaying the results so that you guys with more experience could have insured I had the correct information. But nevertheless, it shouldn't be hard to locate - Google TSU Invitational results and scroll to the bottom where it says Men's Open. If no one has it posted by the time I get home from work, I'll look it up again.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He ran a 44.5 in his leg.Wariner ran the third leg of a 4 x 400 Relay.According to his website,he said that they all took it easy.He is still going to run in the 200 meters this weekend.Jeremy said that he expects to run in the 20.3 range approx,and is not going to push it.He still needs alot more time to work out the kinks.I still think he might go alot faster but he is so modest.As long as he runs at least one sub 20 second 200 meters this season,I will be a happy fan.Sorry I took so long to post this White Shogun.Been busy working.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Sorry I took so long to post this White Shogun.Been busy working.

Me, too, bro, me too. No worries.
smiley1.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jeremy opened his 400 outdoor season today at the Micheal Johnson Invitional.He ran a 44.66 to show outstanding early season form.Wariner will run a 200 race next weekend at the Drake Relays.Let's hope for good weather and a very fast time.
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I forgot to add that he also ran in the 4 x 400 Relay and finished the day with a 20.81 in the deuce.Wariner looked like he was being very conservative.He didn't run very hard so the time is actually not that bad for this early and he won the 200 race he was in.He was never pushed in either race.Next weekend should be good.

freedom1

Mentor
Wariner begins individual race season with 20.81 / 44.66
Sunday 22 April 2007
Waco, Texas, USA - World and Olympic champion Jeremy Wariner (USA) began his individual race campaign of the outdoor season with a 200m double at the Michael Johnson Classic at the Hart / Patterson track & field complex at Baylor University (Sat 21).

While not as quick as last season's opener at the same meet and venue - 400m in 44.12 on 22 April 2006 - Wariner, who had been a part of a 3:03.54 4x400m relay win in Houston on 24 March, got his individual 2007 season off in easy style yesterday.

He won the 400m (second of two section races) in a world season leading time of 44.66, ahead of Jamaican-national Sanjay Ayre 45.37 and Darold Williamson 45.42, and then won the third of three 200m section races in 20.81 (wind +1.5m/s). Darvis Patton was second (20.81).

The quickest 200m race of the day came from Courtney Thomas 20.63 (+1.0m/s) in the other section.

Times at this time of the year can be deceptive with some runners beginning their seasons cautiously and Wariner was an example of this yesterday as in the 400m he was cruising with some ease with about 180m of the race run. In the 200m he had a terrible start.

It was a busy day for Wariner because he also ran the second leg for the Waco All-Stars in the Mile Relay (4x440yds). He took over in second place from Ayre and ran a split of 44.90 to give the lead back to the All-Stars.