Jeremy Wariner

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Wariner races today in the Prefontaine meet.
The 400m race is loaded with LaShawn Merritt, Kirani James, Wariner, and Kevin Borlee.
As I said about Lemaitre before his race in Rome the other day; this is Wariner's D-day.
We will see if he is going to be competitive this season or not. Can he capture some of his old form, or are mid-44 times and the medal stand beyond him now...
I have my fingers crossed......

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well Jeremy Wariner is officially done as a track superstar.
45.68 in Oregon today for 6th place (moved up to 5th after Kirani James was DQ'd for a false start - but finished way ahead of Wariner in 2nd place).

Wariner is still a very good 400m runner, but his days of vying for #1 are gone. He might not even make the US team as an individual runner.
What a shame!
He should have never left his coach. Especially at the time when he was at his peak. He went downhill slowly after that, and also developed a mental block when racing Merritt.
I am really disappointed.
He was a superstar sprinter and superstar caste buster.

Zeus

Guru
Well Jeremy Wariner is officially done as a track superstar.
45.68 in Oregon today for 6th place (moved up to 5th after Kirani James was DQ'd for a false start - but finished way ahead of Wariner in 2nd place).

Wariner is still a very good 400m runner, but his days of vying for #1 are gone. He might not even make the US team as an individual runner.
What a shame!
He should have never left his coach. Especially at the time when he was at his peak. He went downhill slowly after that, and also developed a mental block when racing Merritt.
I am really disappointed.
He was a superstar sprinter and superstar caste buster.

This is sad news, but what about the Belgian brothers in 400m? I think they can medal easily!

Keep your head up guys, we dominate pretty much every athletic event there is except few running events, not a big deal, not to me at least.

greyghost

Mentor

wariner will be back ,, still 9 weeks to london , dont know why he raced in oregon .. he is not fully ready .. .. re raced like a man without belief in himself ... clyde hart has to work on wariners confidence.. wariner did not attack the race....or he is carrying an injury ... i felt he ran conservatively seeing as he has run into the 44s this season ( and merritt is still a cheating bastard)