Jason Litzau

Blue Devils

Mentor
Jason won by decision. The score were 99-91 98-91 97-93
smiley32.gif

It was an ugly fight to watch but Jason got the W. With the victory he claimed the NABF Super Featherweight title. Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Jason won by decision. The score were 99-91 98-91 97-93
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
There was a knockdown that wasn't counted by the ref as Edwards fell back into the ropes, but it wouldn't have affected the outcome.

I scored it nine rounds to one for Litzau, although he didn't look as energetic as he was in his last fight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Jason can continue his win streak and fight smart with the skills he has. Thx BD

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good caste win for Litzau though he has looked better. The black guy kept hugging him and falling down like he wanted to just survive.

j41181

Master
Great win by Litzau! Despite being under the championship radar, Litzau's record looks impressive at this point of his career. A little more tough fights like this for experience, and he should be in line for the big-time. Keep up the good fight, "American Boy"!

Westside

Hall of Famer
If Jason is to make a move this is it. If he can't beat a fading Juarez, he should retire. However, if he can KO or force Rocky to quit on the stool, then this fight opens opportunities for him.

Make no mistake, Jason has to win or just retire and save his health. Good luck to him.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Litzau-vs-Juarez is on!

COZ2275.jpg

Juarez has only lost to world champions and won a silver medal in the 2000 Olympics so Jason will have to fight the best fight of his career tomorrow night if he is to win.

Blue Devils

Mentor
litzau.jpg

NABF super featherweight titleholder Jason Litzau (27-2, 21 KOs) scored a seven round technical decision over six-time world title challenger Rocky Juarez (28-6-1, 20 KOs). The bout was stopped due to a mouse under Litzau's left eye and because the injury was ruled to be caused by a headbutt, the bout went to the scorecards where Litzau was ahead 68-65, 67-66, 67-66.

Westside

Hall of Famer
A win is a win. Hopefully Jason gets another meaniful fight and gets the win via KO or UD over a top contender.

I heard Bopkins and Old Roy stunk up the joint with their supposed fight. Both should now just retire. Noone wants to see them anymore. I bet alot of PPL who paid 50.00 for that snore feast are pissed.

j41181

Master
I saw the fight just in time after Duke's win over WV, and it was a solid performance by the "American Boy."

It's been a great day in sports... Butler & Duke wins... Litzau wins!!!!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Rocky Juarez is a perennial top ten contender, and was on the verge of knocking Chris John out in their second fight.

So this is a very good win for Litzau!
smiley32.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Agreed. If another white American can win a belt that would be great. We could conceivably have three white American champs in a few months - Pavlik, Malignaggi and Litzau. Can't recall the last time that happened.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Litzau gets another shot at the big time when he faces former WBA & IBF Super Bantamweight Champion Celestino Caballero 34-2(23) on November 27. The fight will be televised on HBO.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jason must capitalize on his last chance at the brass ring, so to speak. He as being on HBO around three times, Showtime at least once and Friday Night Fights almost a dozen of times. The time is now.

Jason must use his boxing skills and length to win. Only go for the KO if it is there in the later rounds. Do go out slugging right away. Feel the man out, apply game plan. If it not working go to plan B. No success, then go out slugging. I hope he has learned from the past. This is last chance on being on a premium boxing network and to make good money. The "All American Boy".

j41181

Master
It's now or never for Litzau, he needs to display composed aggression, and box smart. He needs to keep his hands up and maintain steady head and body movement. He needs to know when to pace to maintain stamina. Best of luck to him!

Who's Litzau's trainer anyway? I wish he'd sough Freddie Roach's service (or at least advice), he's only 27, too young to be a has-been.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I have a bad feeling that both Jason and Katsidis will get beat on Saturday. Although Katsidis is a very live underdog against an aging Marquez. Caballero has been obsessing over Juan Manuel Lopez so there's a chance he is overlooking Jason.

Bob Van Syckle is his long time trainer. But before big fights Jason goes down to Florida to train with Buddy McGirt. If Bad Luck McGirt is in the corner, expect a loss.

Good luck to Jason...I wish him all the best.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I need to find Pollyanna again, and quick!!!!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Jason looking good! I have it 1-1 after 2. He rocked Caballero in the second.

Only Manny Steward is being fair to Litzau. He noted Caballero is having a tough time finding Jason. Larry Merchant called Litzau "a tough club fighter" before the fight while he called Caballero "an elite fighter."