Jason Litzau

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I just noticed that Jason Litzau will be fighting for the IBF featherweight title on the 29th on Showtime. It would be nice to have another white American titleholder to go along with Kelly Pavlik and Paul Malignaggi. What do you guys know about Jason?What do you think ofhis chances? I can`t find much in the MSM and we know why.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
His opponent, Robert Guerrero, is of white Spanish heritage, as far as I know. So we already have an American white champion at featherweight!

I hate to say it, but Litzau really isn't that good and will lose this fight - Guerrero is a quick, hard puncher and will probably knock him out.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Robert Guerrero won on an 8th round KO. Sounds like it was an exciting fight, though, and Litzau seemsto be taking the loss in stride and determined to improve. Good luck to him.

G

Jason was lost the fight to a better fighter. He did fight couregously in rounds 5,6 and 7. The end came in round 8 where he was knocked down twice.

After round, 2 he should have boxed Robert and gone for the KO if he could in the later rounds..

Jason does have skills but does not use them to his advantage. He is 510 fighting at 130! Come on, He should have used his arm length and height in this figtht.

This is his second time fighting on the national stage. He lost about two years ago on HBO and now on Showtime. I believe he has Tommy Morrision disease. Great skills but not Chin. I was pulling for him, but Robert took his best blows and then KO'd him.

I really don't know where Jason goes from here. I do wish him the best.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Another loss for a Buddy McGirt-trained fighter. I have never seen one of his fighters win a big fight. He is the worst trainer in boxing. Yet the "experts" always have to introduced him as "one of boxing's best trainers."

If you want to make money, just bet against any McGirt-trained fighter in a big fight. If you are a boxer and want to win, just do the opposite of what Buddy says.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Litzau has great boxing skills but chooses to brawl. He is still young enough to change his style but needs a new trainer who can bring some discipline to his game.

Back to the ESPN circuit for Litzau for now.

johnnyboy

Guru
Kukulcan said:
Jason was lost the fight to a better fighter. He did fight couregously in rounds 5,6 and 7. The end came in round 8 where he was knocked down twice.

After round, 2 he should have boxed Robert and gone for the KO if he could in the later rounds..

Jason does have skills but does not use them to his advantage. He is 510 fighting at 130! Come on, He should have used his arm length and height in this figtht.

This is his second time fighting on the national stage. He lost about two years ago on HBO and now on Showtime. I believe he has Tommy Morrision disease. Great skills but not Chin. I was pulling for him, but Robert took his best blows and then KO'd him.

I really don't know where Jason goes from here. I do wish him the best.

i couldn't agree more. jason needs to use his jab and height advantage bc his chin isnt any good. if he can learn to maintain a good distance from his opponent and not brawl as much then i think he can fight his way back to another title shot. all the luck to him though, the kid has guts.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Litzau hasn't fought in over a year but is scheduled to return on April 18th. Opponent TBA.

j41181

Master
Jason Litzau needs to make-up for lost time. Plus, he needs to just stick to his game-plan and put aside his tendency to showboat, he has already suffered some horrible defeats because of that. He's by far the best white featherweight out there.

Westside

Hall of Famer
The only way Jason continues his career is to utilize his boxing skills ie. using his reach, not be drawn into exchanges, only go for the kill if the opponent is on his last legs. I always liked him and his heart, however, its his bravado that has cost him on the big stage.

Blue Devils

Mentor
His opponent has been named. It's Daniel Gonzalez 9-21(3).

I think if managed correctly Litzau could win a world title.

He should target the IBF champ Cristobal Cruz 38-11(23). Cruz in my opinion is the weakest of the 4 champs at featherweight and best of all he's not a puncher.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Jason's April opponent switched once again. He knocked out Phillip Payne in 5. Payne weighed in ten pounds over the limit. Litzau was a Featherweight fighting against a Jr. Welterweight.

I found this vid of that Boxing4Real clown interviewing Jason. I remember when they mocked Litzau when he lost and referred to him as sh*tzau. Notice how he's kissing Jason's arse when they're face to face.

Clown interviewing Litzau

Litzau will face undefeated Dominican Wilton Hilario 11-0(9) on June 20 the same day as Wlad-Haye. Hilario is in the video above. He knocked out the younger brother Allen Litzau in 5.

Blue Devils

Mentor
From Fightnews.com

Jason "The American Boy"Â￾ Litzau (25-2, 21 KOs) scored an impressive third round TKO over Verquan Kimbrough (21-2-2, 7 KOs). The bout was all Litzau as he pummeled Kimbrough from the opening bell.
smiley32.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
From Fightnews.com

Jason "The American Boy"Â￾ Litzau (25-2, 21 KOs) scored an impressive third round TKO over Verquan Kimbrough (21-2-2, 7 KOs). The bout was all Litzau as he pummeled Kimbrough from the opening bell.
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
Good news! Litzau is back as a contender.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
From Eastside Boxing:

Litzau's Power too much for Kimbrough

In what would have certainly been a candidate for fight of the night had it not been for the masterful display that Roy Jones Junior displayed against Jeff Lacy, Jason "The American Boy"Â￾ Litzau (25-2-0 KOs 21) battled fellow prospect/contender Verquan "The Show"Â￾ Kimbrough (21-2-2 KOs 7) in a ten round fight for the NABF lightweight title. Hook City, a Square Ring Inc. and Left Hook Promotions par per view card, proved to be an excellent landscape for Litzau who has immediate aspirations for world title contention.

This fight, the first to be aired on the PPV card, did not disappoint the 6,000 plus attendees at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.. It might have been scheduled for 10 rounds but we learned quickly that it was destined for much less. Litzau set a blistering pace with an active and accurate jab accompanied by strong right hands and short hooks that lead to a second round knockdown. Kimbrough's face showed the signs of the American Boy's power by the end of the second round as blood streamed down his face.

The Show did all he could to create distance and regain his composure in the third round but his movement and speed were not enough to discourage Litzau who cornered him for a second time and landed multiple unanswered shots that sent Kimbrough to the floor for again. The round was capped by a wild swing and miss from Kimbrough that put him on the floor for a third time. It was not ruled a knockdown. As Kimbrough walked back to his corner he was obviously not the same fighter he was 11 minutes earlier. Without hesitation his corner stopped the fight.

During the post fight press conference Roy Jones praised Litzau for his ability to beat Kimbrough and congratulated him for the victory.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Litzau-Edwards on ESPN Nov 4

Former world title challenger and newly crowned NABF lightweight champion Jason Litzau (25-2, 21 KOs) will take on veteran Johnnie Edwards (15-4-1, 8 KOs) in a special edition of ESPN2's Wednesday Night fights November 4th. The bout will which will take place at Camp Lejuene, North Carolina is part of a salute to veterans week. Roy Jones' Square Ring Inc. will promote.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jason if he fights smart i.e. fight using his strengths and or abilities he has a good chance to make a run and win a major title at lightweight (I suspect CF posters are going to refrain from making fun of his weight, whatever). If he decides to be ill advised and bang with a banger, he will be sorry. Roy Jones certainly has a belief in him, so it says something of his skills. Hoping for the best.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Who won? just turned on ESPN and they have an old fight featuring two wasted up affelets. Where is Litzau!!!