HS Junior runs 10.36

Alpha Male

Mentor
Observer &amp; Latspread, great posts. Observers assertion- thatthe human system cannot optimize both endurance and short sprinting simultaneously - is valid. High intensity speed work (2-8 seconds ofmaximum intensity acceleration with full recovery) utilizes anATP/CP system; speed endurance (maximum sprinting 80 to 150 meters with full recovery) utilizes the glycolytic or lactic anaerobic system; and aerobic condition is far removed from the two. To be an efficient sprinter, these young athletes need to focus on one event; find a coach to work that energy system, and employ endurance &amp; general conditioning as a means of recovery instead of the sole focus of training. That way, white athletes will avoid developing endurance muscle fibers at the expense of fast twitch ones, and can focus on pure speed training, plyometric, and weight training with the primary goal of increasing mass specific force and proper running mechanics to "step over and drive down." Unfortunately though, most high school coaches over-emphasize aerobic condition and lactic work and ignore pure speed and power training.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>Edited by: Alpha Male

white is right

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Osgood Fan said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I have said this many times and I will say it one more time; in our 67% white country; I believe every position except CB should be a white majority position and that the NFL should be 70-75% white and no more than 25% black in our 13% black country.

So Osgood fan tell me the racial demographics of what you think the NFL should be. If you think the status quo is correct than you shouldn't be here.

I think quota systems deliniated along racial lines are wrong, regardless of the industry. I believe in the 'cream rises to the top' philosphy regardless of the respective races. If that results in a 100% white league, then so be it. If it results in a 100% black league, then so be it. If the percentages fall anywhere in between, so be it. I don't want to see the NHL 13% black and 4% asian simply to fulfill some artificial racial quota.

Living in Detroit, my Red Wing championship team was 100% white. Were local blacks, arabs, and hispanics crestfallen at this dynamic, or were they happy the Cup came home? No one could care less about the racial demographics of the team.

I guess this all goes back to what I said in the McGuffie thread. I just don't have that fanatical attachment to athletes. I just sit back, crack a beer, enjoy game, then hot stove league about it online.. totally bereft of emotion and feeling for the participants.

Well you didn't answer the question.

And you don't have a fanatical attachment to athletes, but this site is all about devotion to a group of athletes--white ones. We are not bereft of emotion and feeling, on the contrary we support with great emotion and feeling those athletes we consider "our people".

Your belief that the "cream rises to the top" is either naive or disingenuous. Each and every decision on a position in professional sports is based on the personal opinions of the people running the team. I suppose the Detroit Lions are an example of the "cream rising to the top"!!! Attitudes and agenda are involved in all player selection. You should know that. If you don't--now you do.

As for blacks, arabs, and hispanics, happy that the Red Wings won the cup I'm sure all 3 of them were.
The black guy(s) cheering for the Wings is the equivalent of the one or two black guys I used to see at Def Leppard concerts in the 80's...
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white is right

G

Good info, Alpha. I think we're all in agreement that white advantage in endurance is a result of robust chest cavities rather than slow-twitch muscle fiber composition. So, as you said, assuming proper training protocols are followed, whites should not be turning into slow-twitch athletes on steroids and thus should not be losing any ground on blacks when both are using.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"As for blacks, arabs, and hispanics, happy that the Red Wings won the cup I'm sure all 3 of them were."

Exactly. If Osgood thinks black fans care about anything but race he is sadly mistaken. There are no more than a few black hockey fans (even in mostly black cities like DC and Detroit). The reason is that their people don't play the sport. If they did, they would be demanding more representation (i.e. affirmative action).

Liverlips said:
"As for blacks, arabs, and hispanics, happy that the Red Wings won the cup I'm sure all 3 of them were."

Exactly. If Osgood thinks black fans care about anything but race he is sadly mistaken. There are no more than a few black hockey fans (even in mostly black cities like DC and Detroit). The reason is that their people don't play the sport. If they did, they would be demanding more representation (i.e. affirmative action).
Last year I was in Detroit during the Stanley Cup and I actually heard two groups of black people talking about the Red Wings and actually sounded like they knew what they were talking about.  I was shocked.  Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone or something. 
smiley36.gif
I've only known maybe 2-3 casual black hockey fans.  I never thought I'd hear somewhat ghetto sounding black guys talking about hockey with any interest.  I have a feeling that if your city is about to win a championship in a major sport, a lot of sports fans--even if they could care less about the sport--are going to get a little interested.  I can't stand soccer, for instance, but if the U.S. were about to win a gold medal in soccer, I'd start paying attention.  Nevertheless, it kind of blew my mind.           

Also, even crazier, is that NBA thug Rasheed Wallace is a big Philadelphia Flyers fan and before the dress code often wore a Flyer's jersey.  Here's an actual quote from him in an interview:
"I'm also on pins and needles because my Flyers have a chance to go to the Cup, but we are messing it up, down 3-0 to the damn Penguins."Edited by: Fightingtowin