Hispanic Women

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Technically speaking, there are only three racial phenotypes -
Caucasoid, *******, and Mongoloid, although we should say Oriental or
Asian so as not to confuse the race with victims of Down's Syndrome.

The term Hispanic refers to a person from a Spanish speaking nation or
heritage. They can be of any racial type, or a mix of any.

I have met blonde blue-eyed Mexicans, black Cubans, and obviously
Asian women from Venezuela who could speak only Spanish and a
smattering of English. There are tall dark-skinned women with
black hair but Caucasian features, too - small mouth, Aquiline nose
and round, brown eyes.

In some cases its quite obvious that a person has little or no
Caucasoid genes. In others, you're stuck trying to play genetic
scientist using only your official govt' issued Mark I eyeballs.

If white skin is the only criteria, then there are plenty of Hispanic
women who can easily be classified as "white", regardless of what
leeway the United States government gives them on census forms or
advocacy programs.

But if you make it a cultural issue.. IMO you're treading on thin ice.
A white man from Tennessee will have just as many cultural issues
relating to a Russian woman as he would to a white "Hispanic" woman
from Mexico City.

And let's not even bring up Indians (from India, that is) who, if I'm not mistaken, are racially classifed as Caucasoid.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hispanics refer to people from Spanish speaking countries in the New World (Western Hemisphere). People from Spain are Spanish.

Manyhispanics are white, but not many in the U.S. Many South Americans are white, especially in the southern countries of that continent. Many millions of English, Germans, Italians and other whites emigrated to Latin America after the Spanish initially settled many areas. Most have not mixed with the aboriginies just as most Americans didn't mix with the Indians here (despite the strange propensity of whites to claim Indian blood, claims which are usually wildly overexaggerated).

Most Mexicans and Central Americans are part Spanish and part Indian. Hispanics from the Carribean often have Negro blood as well, ala some of the baseball players from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
One of the things I've often found disingenuous among many "Hispanic"
peoples is their disavowal of the European side of their heritage.

You can find an individual named "Roberto Hernandez," for example, with
light complexion, who insists that he is nothing but Latino / Chicano /
Mexican, what have you, who will absolutely reek with hatred of
anything white or of European heritage. Despite the fact that his name
and his heritage stem more from the Spaniard rather than that of the
conquered. His name and skin color, after all, are of Spanish origin.
Else he might be known as Roberto Tchlaxipotil something or
other.
smiley17.gif

Whites who claim Indian heritage annoy me as well Don,, again
particulary when they have nothing but Caucasian features and no direct
link to a tribal affiliation. I think the number who claim Indian
heritage increased dramatically when the government began cutting
checks for anyone who could establish 1/16 blood from a recognized
tribe, not to mention race based preferences in hiring, promotion, and
civil rights.

I wonder how important people would find race to be if we as a
society stopped harping on it so much and ceased providing any benefit
for being of a particular caste.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I have a American Indian friend who can't stand Mexican's and insist they're much different from the ones in the U.S. I believe that she was receiving money from her tribe, but I'll have to ask about the government issuing checks. She certainly said that you had to be atleast 1/8 blood to recieve any money from her tribe. Probably, for the reason you suggested.

I've always wondered if Spain had stemed the same sort of hatred towards Mexico as the British felt towards us.

Places like Argentina, have a majority of white people. Latin America is certainly a mess on the racial aspect. They have different standards of what's white than the United States. I'm absolutely sure there is more criteria than skin color, but I wouldn't know much about it.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms said:
I have a American Indian friend who can't stand
Mexican's and insist they're much different from the ones in the U.S. I
believe that she was receiving money from her tribe, but I'll have to
ask about the government issuing checks. She certainly said that you
had to be atleast 1/8 blood to recieve any money from her tribe.
Probably, for the reason you suggested.

I've always wondered if Spain had stemed the same sort of hatred towards Mexico as the British felt towards us.

Places like Argentina, have a majority of white people. Latin
America is certainly a mess on the racial aspect. They have different
standards of what's white than the United States. I'm absolutely sure
there is more criteria than skin color, but I wouldn't know much about
it.

Hm.. you're making me think again.. 1/8 or 1/16? LOL talk about
splitting hairs! Neither one is enough to count in my book, unless
you're living on a reservation or related to someone who is.

I had two friends in high school who were 1/4 Indian. I remember they
made a big deal out of the checks they received. It was explained to me
as some kind of stipend from the government, like reparations
payments. But of course that could have just been their
interpretation.

If it wasn't such a shame to be a white person in this country anymore,
there wouldn't be as much interest in proving you're 1/16 Indian,
monetary payments not withstanding. If whites were still allowed to be
proud of being white, white people wouldn't take the money in the first
place.

And in some Latin countries, being white is considered a status symbol.

Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I knew before I did the research that I was too far removed from my Cherokee and Choctaw ancestors to get any money for it, so I did the research because I like to know who and where I came from. I am only about 1% Choctaw and about 2% Cherokee, so I am almost completely Irish, English, and Scottish.

speedster

Mentor
An example of a known athlete who claimed to have native indian blood,yet looked nothing like a native is Danny"Little Red" Lopez.Do any of you guys remember him? He was an outstanding featherweight from an alleged indian reservation in Utah and held a piece of the featherweight championship for three years.Hispanics claim he's theirs because of his surname,natives say he's theirs because he was born on this reservation,in fact Lopez would sometimes wear his indian head-dress to emphasise his heritage,yet he had milk-white skin and red hair.If you saw him walking down the street or in a crowd you would say he was a white guy.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Never heard of him. When did he fight, speedster?

speedster

Mentor
Danny Lopez fought in the 70's and was the WBC featherweight champion from late '76 until early '80.In his 42 wins 39 came by knockout.There's a photo of him somewhere out there on the web from the late 70'swhen he appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated,appearing with his Ute Indian head-gear.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I know a woman who's mother is 100% Mexican and her father is 100% white.

This woman cannot speak Spanish, her skin isn't dark enough to be considered a good tan, her hair is light brown as are her big, brown ROUND eyes. She has Caucasian features such as an Aquiline nose and small lips. She has always considered herself white but has never been racially 'aware' as it were.

My eyes tell me she is white, her actions tell me she is white, and her attitude tells me she is white.

What say you, would you consider this person to be white?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info on Lopez speedster.

WhiteShogun:If I didn't know her background, I'd say she was white.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Col. Reb, thats kinda my point. If we have to know someone's background to know whether they're white, its almost impossible to determine on a daily basis who is white and who isn't.

I'm more of the, "if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck..." it is a duck.
smiley2.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
White Shogun
Here we come to a very thorny issue.

I could ask about the racial composition of her father, since Mexicans are extremely variable in that regard. We Americans are used to race as a black-and-white issue, we tend to forget that there are all sorts of shades and variations. The average Mexican is not nearly so inferior to the average white in intelligence and social behavior as is the average *******.

Or the racial composition of her mother for that matter.

Ultimately, there is probably no such thing as an absolutely "pure" race on this planet, only different degress to which one genetic inheritance or another predominates. And as all men know, every racial "trait"
is really an average figure, which different individuals may defy to one degree or another.

If this woman is intelligent, healthy, and not an enemy of Western civilization and whites, then she is perfectly acceptable as a friend, ally, possibly even a mate.

It's interesting to speculate on light hair and eyes vrs. dark. The former is genetically recessive. It is theoretically possible that those two traits could be lost simply by lighter whites consisently marrying darker whites. The question of course is, is lightness among whites ornamental, or is it related to some traits that might make an individual more white. And if is purely ornamental, is it worth practicing self-selective breeding anyway, should I stay away from the lovely pale chicks with long dark hair and brown-eyed beauties, and marry another red head? Ha! Talk about "splitting hairs"!

Lots of musing and 0 definite answers to your question. You're welcome, Shogun
smiley4.gif

KD52171

Guru
I prefer dark hair to blonde.

Light eyes also.

Lets just say I wouldnt want to have children with her knowing the Mexican side.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the reply, Savage. I already have an opinion on this issue, but I do want to know the rest of the board's views.

Your view on the definition of Hispanic mirrors my own, as you might have read in my other posts on this topic.

IMO, white civilization is already in enough trouble as it is without white people arguing over who is white. Its one of those things that seems so obvious to me. Hair and eye color do not matter, nor does the skin 'shade' of white, as long its 'white.'

If this woman is intelligent, healthy, and not an enemy of Western civilization and whites, then she is perfectly acceptable as a friend, ally, possibly even a mate.

For what its worth, most of the Hispanic people I know dislike blacks and black culture more than whites do.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Lets just say I wouldnt want to have children with her knowing the Mexican side.

KD, I'm curious as to why. Your children, assuming you're 100% European, would be 25% Mexican/Hispanic. They'd likely be raised white and racially aware. In what way do you feel that the 25% Hispanic would be harmful or limiting to your offspring.

I'm not arguing the point, I'm genuinely curious and open-minded.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That's a good point white shogun. I know what you mean with the duck thing. I'd probably say she is white. I mean if someone looks white to me, then they are. What else would there be for me to compare and say, nope they aren't white.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
LOL, thanks Reb.

Now, let me throw a monkey wrench into my own theory. I was thinking about this young lady after I wrote my last post on the 50/50 Mex/white woman.

My second example is a girl with long, light brown hair, light brown eyes. She has pale white skin, even compared to the woman in my other example. She has a slightly more oriental cast to her features though, but again, were she walking the streets of Milan or Paris or Heidelberg, you would never think she isn't 'white.'

But the fact is she is Hispanic, Mexican-American. She is bi-lingual and considers herself Hispanic. She, unlike my other example, IS racially aware and will not date outside her race, her race being "Hispanic." This means no whites, blacks, or Asians.

In her case, I'd say she walks like a duck but doesn't quack like one.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Me too. So, where exactly are you going with all this? It's all interesting, but I'm just curious why you asked these particular questions.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Not really going anywhere with it, Reb. I don't have a particular point or agenda if thats what you mean. I'm genuinely curious what other, racially-aware whites consider white and what traits or characteristics they use for themselves to determine who is white, and why. I have an opinion, like I said, but its not set in stone and I'm willing to listen to other viewpoints in case I missed something alone the way.

But beside that, I like women and like talking about them!
smiley36.gif

KD52171

Guru
Why mix if you dont have to. Plenty of women to have children with out there.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Shogun, that's cool. I was just wondering. I think it's a good topic. It's also related to a conversation that I had with some black classmates of mine about a month ago. It was very interesting, but the bottom line was everyone was at least somewhat uncomfortable with people of their race marrying or dating outside their race.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Reb, can you recall any specific comments about inter-racial dating from your black classmates? In my experience, black women generally hate it but it seems like black men were more likely to deliberately seek out white women than not.

KD52171

Guru
Black women are jealous of white women to an extent.

White women are much easier on the eyes.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The black guy in the group said if he was in the same financial condition as he is now, he might consider dating or marrying a white woman, but if he won the lottery or sweepstakes, he'd marry a black woman to bring her up out of poverty and help his race.

The girls said they would be more comfortable with a white man being with a black girl than a black man being with a white girl.