Golota vs Austin

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Andrew Golota will be fighting Ray Austin on November 7, 2008. Ray Austin will definetely be a tough challenge for Golota. The outcome of this fight will rely on which Golota shows up. Will it be the Golota who gives up too easy or the Golota who consistently lands powerful combinations and had potential to be world champion. Golota was robbed twice of the title. Being Polish Golota was my favorite fighter. He has let me and my people down many times and I'm hoping for good results this time. I wish him the best.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
My favorite Polish fighter and the most underrated boxer of all time is Dariusz Michalszewski. Unlike Golota, he never let the Polish people down! He once won all the light heavyweight titles, but had two stripped from him for no good reason.

He tried to get a fight with Roy Jones for years, he was willing to come to America to fight him, but Roy kept ducking him.

He never let a black man beat him during his entire career, although he fought lots of them: Hill, Prince, Griffin, etc.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes Michalchewski was great JD. He had two losses but those were at the end of his career when he was already in decline. I do believe he could have beaten Roy Jones in his prime. I wish the fight happened but Jones didn't want it to.

Sean

Mentor
Roy wanted nothing to do with DM. I remember how badly the fans wanted that bout, but RJJ wouldn't do it, instead fighting his own version of a bum of the month (or half a year) club.

As for Golota, I don't think this fight will pose any trouble to him. I see Golota dominating and stopping Austin late. I've heard if Andrew wins he may get a shot at Valuev/Chagaev.

Another interesting fight on this card is Mike Mollo fighting Jamel McCline. Mollo already has two losses. If he can't beat McCline, he should forget it.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sean said:
Roy wanted nothing to do with DM. I remember how badly the fans wanted that bout, but RJJ wouldn't do it, instead fighting his own version of a bum of the month (or half a year) club.

As for Golota, I don't think this fight will pose any trouble to him. I see Golota dominating and stopping Austin late. I've heard if Andrew wins he may get a shot at Valuev/Chagaev.

Another interesting fight on this card is Mike Mollo fighting Jamel McCline. Mollo already has two losses. If he can't beat McCline, he should forget it.

I know that Sean and so does everyone else here at Castefootball. Jones was afraid. What I am afraid of is which Golota will show up for this fight.

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Sean said:

I know that Sean and so does everyone else here at Castefootball. Jones was afraid. What I am afraid of is which Golota will show up for this fight.
Unfortunately we won't know until the fight starts (thats the excitement in watching a Golota fight). But, in saying that, Golota was VERY gutsy in his last fight (against Mollo) and he must know this is his last chance. He'll be going all out to get a win.
smiley32.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
On Dariusz-vs-Jones I heard he had it in his contract so that the HBO commentators couldn't mention the name Michalczewski on air. Even some boxing writers said that if you brought up the name Dariusz Michalczewski around Roy he would do a 180 and start talking to another reporter.

On Golota-vs-Austin I think if Golota can back him up on the ropes or in a corner he can definitely stop him. Ibragimov had some trouble getting to Austin but when he got there his shots definitely effected Austin. My only concern is that Golota is 40 and doesn't have the speed he used to but if he can impose his will on Austin he should win.Edited by: shawn1262231

white is right

Hall of Famer
Golota won't have to worry about a speed or youth advantage for the equally old Austin. I equate Golota to an aging 70's muscle car that has decent parts on it but has seen better days. Austin is more like a junky 80's K car that's on it's last legs. Class should tell here.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
So this fight is 5 days away. I'm really looking forward to it. It may be available on the internet since it's in China.

Sean

Mentor
I am REALLY looking forward to this fight. Golota is one of my favorites.

golotabear.jpg

Golota wanted to see a Panda Bear
smiley36.gif

Hopefully he will show up in the proper state of mind, and KO Austin.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Sean

Blue Devils

Mentor
Weigh in photos

Golota-vs-Austin
IMG_8106.jpg

Mollo-vs-McCline
IMG_8081.jpg

Weights Golota 242 Austin 228 Mollo 227 McCline 272

white is right

Hall of Famer
shawn1262231 said:
Weigh in photos

Golota-vs-Austin
IMG_8106.jpg

Mollo-vs-McCline
IMG_8081.jpg

Weights Golota 242 Austin 228 Mollo 227 McCline 272
Golota looks a little soft for him. Austin looks like he took a Weider bodybuilding supplement. I don't know what that means for this fight. Hey doesn't McCline know that Obama won the election.......
smiley2.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I'm cheering for Andrew, but Austin should actually be a slight favorite over Golota. Neither guy has ever won a big fight (Golota was indeed screwed against both Byrd and Ruiz). But Austin does have a draw with Ibragimov which is pretty impressive.

Both guys find ways to give away fights but it seems Austin is in better shape and taking the fight more seriously. I've never seen Golota look so soft around the middle.

I have higher hopes for Mollo, however. He should outwork McCline for a UD.

Westside

Hall of Famer
This Golota guy always seems to dissappoint in a big fight. He obviously didn't this fight seriously, he looks like the pilsbury dough boy. Austin to his credit, looks to be in excellent shape. He is usaully soft around the middle. Based on the photos, Golota gets his ass handed to him in round six.

I have not seen the video footage to watch happeaned after McCline grabbed him around the throat, but if he didn't relatiate, I see Mollo getting KO's in the 7th round. If he did that to me, fists would have been flying.

But, nevertheless I will be pulling for the white guys.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I googled the Chinese channel cctv-5 then used the google translation and it says the fight should be on at 8:50 eastern time.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Looks like Golota let us down again - quitting in the 1st round after getting smoked by Austin.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
To be fair it looks like the doctor actually stopped it after Golota suffered a hand injury.

Andrew had talent but never won a big fight. Thank God there are numerous other white fighters like the Klitschko's, Valuev and Chagaev who are dominating the heavyweight division.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I couldnt watch the fight due to the time it was on. I was at work but I checked around 10 am and saw Golota lost. he let us down again.