Gennady Golovkin vs. Grzegorz Proksa

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
He has a Russian name and is a born-again Christian (raised Orthodox Christian in Kazakhstan).

I think his father is an ethnic Russian and his mother is a Kazakh, but I'm not sure. He's likely a mix.

I would have preferred Proksa of course being that he's Polish but he was no match for this guy. Next he should fight supa afllete Quinlan and eliminate the last black hope in the division.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I would have preferred Proksa of course being that he's Polish but he was no match for this guy. Next he should fight supa afllete Quinlan and eliminate the last black hope in the division.
I'd like to see Golovkin fight Quillan.

But Quillan is managed by Al Haymon, so he'll likely avoid Golovkin.

Both Tom Loffler and Daniel Geale's promoter Gary Shaw seem ready to make Golovkin-Geale next (probably televised by HBO).

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/174581-video-gennady-golovkin-post-fight-press-conference

Shaw says he's willing to make a Geale-Golovkin fight:

http://www.boxingscene.com/shaw-sturm-refused-rematch-clause-against-geale--56647

The Hock

Master
Just watched the re-play. Proksa's movement wasn't much of a problem for Golovkin. Once he figured out Proksa's side to side, Golovkin just backed him to the ropes to fix the distance, then he was right on target.

Golovkin appears to be a Euro-Asian mix, which I think is commonly found in Western and Central Asia. His twin brother who was with him in the ring must be a fraternal, as he looks much more Asian than Genaddy. who favors the Euro side IMO. Whatever he is, I'm a fan, just as I was a fan of Kostya Tzu, another Eurasian mix.

Whatever the case, I'm really looking forward to his next fight. If he can continue performing like that, Golovkin can only be good for boxing.

Gennadiy is Kazakh. Kazakhstan has a mix of White Europeans, Mongol Asians, and Turkic Asians. Most Kazakhs are Muslim, so its surprising that Gennadiy is not.

Appearance-wise, in my own personal opinion, Gennadiy appears to be majority Russian and I'd say Gennadiy looks white, or, of a majority white background. Strangely, his brother looks much more Asian than he does. Its literally hard to believe Gennadiy and his brother have the same parents, because Gennadiy looks white and his bro looks Asian! I bet that Gennadiy is atleast half European background. The other half is most likely Mongol. I would consider Gennadiy white, based on his appearance. He appears white.

I also feel strongly that Eurasians (Kazakhs, Turks, Armenians, Greeks, etc) should be considered white in most cases. There are some exceptions (such as Beibut Shumenov, very Asian Kazakh boxer), but for the most part Eurasians can and should be categorized as white. Kostya Tszyu is another Eurasian that I would consider "white".

Public perceptions of both Golovkin and Tszyu is that of European boxers. They are both identified as former Soviet fighters and I think public perception is that they are white anyway.

Generally speaking, I prefer to use the word "Caucasian" and I would *absolutely* consider Gennadiy Caucasian. "White" is a matter of opinion, but absolutely Gennadiy would be classified as "Caucasian".

Some people define white as just Northern Europeans. Some people dont even consider Italians, Greeks, and such white.

Others (like myself) would define white as *all* fair skinned Europeans, and most Eurasian populations. Im actually more comfortable with the word "Caucasian" as well.

To conclude, Golovkin is certainly Caucasian and in my opinion I'd also consider Golovkin white. His public image is that of a European boxer. So yes, I think we should support him at this site.

Last edited:
As for the fight, Gennadiy was AMAZING. Cant say Im surprised though. Ive been following Gennadiy as a pro boxer for years (since 2004 when he medaled in the Olympics) and Ive always known he has pound for pound potential.

Gennadiy easily is the hardest puncher in boxing today. His speed is also good, defense is good. Ring Intelligence, movement, generalship is superb. His lengthy amateur experience gives him the savvy of someone like Hopkins and it shows in his fight.

I felt very sorry for Proksa. Proksa is such a tough guy, and he really gave a great effort so Im sorry to see him get knocked out like that. But hey, boxing is a tough sport.

Proksa is good enough that he should have warranted better matchmaking on his part. He didnt have to be thrown to the lions. Golovkin is the worst possible opponent for anyone in 160 to face.

HBO brought Proksa in to get slaughtered and Proksa's career achievements should warrant more than that. I really feel that against other HBO fighters (Quillan, Lee, Chavez Jr.) Proksa would have probably won.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
As for the fight, Gennadiy was AMAZING. Cant say Im surprised though. Ive been following Gennadiy as a pro boxer for years (since 2004 when he medaled in the Olympics) and Ive always known he has pound for pound potential. If he's managed and matched correctly, Gennadiy can be the Pound for Pound Best Fighter in the World. He's reallty that good.

Gennadiy easily is the hardest puncher in boxing today. His speed is also good, defense is good. Ring Intelligence, movement, generalship is superb. His lengthy amateur experience gives him the savvy of someone like Hopkins and it shows in his fight.

I felt very sorry for Proksa. Proksa is such a tough guy, and he really gave a great effort so Im sorry to see him get knocked out like that. But hey, boxing is a tough sport.

Proksa is good enough that he should have warranted better matchmaking on his part. He didnt have to be thrown to the lions. Golovkin is the worst possible opponent for anyone in 160 to face.

HBO brought Proksa in to get slaughtered and Proksa's career achievements should warrant more than that. I really feel that against other HBO fighters (Quillan, Lee, Chavez Jr.) Proksa would have probably won.
Kazakhs are Eurasians they tend to look more East Asian than White but some Kazakhs can look like Golovkin. Even their builds give away their Caucasian ancestry as they much more muscular than most East Asians and can grow thick beards which most East Asian men can't. Here are some photos of some models.......http://www.chechurubiera.info/magazinekazakhstan.html

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Edmund Gerber and several other boxers in Germany were born in Kazakhstan.

In the Soviet Union, the Bolsheviks moved people around. For example, some of the Volga Germans were moved to Eastern Kazakhstan, as were many Ukrainians.

Many of the ethnic Russians, German and Ukrainian boxers we've been seeing were born in places like Uzbekstan and Kazakhstan, including the Klitschkos and Maskaev. Timur Ibragimov has a Uzbek Muslim father and a Christian Ukrainian mother.

Golovkin appears to be a Russian-Kazakh mix. The name "Golovkin" is an ethnic Russian name.

Beibut Shumenov has an ethnic Kazakh name, however.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I briefly worked with some Khazaks. Those particular Khazaks didn't look so Asiatic, but they wore funny shoes that almost looked like they might have came from a clown store.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This upcoming weekend will be big. Adamek and Klischko both fighting. I will also keep an eye on the Dawson-Ward fight. Hoping Dawson takes it.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I briefly worked with some Khazaks. but they wore funny shoes that almost looked like they might have came from a clown store.

Another all time simple funny classic line by Wolfie! LOL:rofl:

Westside

Hall of Famer
This upcoming weekend will be big. Adamek and Klischko both fighting. I will also keep an eye on the Dawson-Ward fight. Hoping Dawson takes it.
WA33 I am with you. I hope Dawson takes out Ward. I saw 24/7 featuring these two fighters. Both come off as great sportsmen, an exception when talking about affeletic fighters. Both have earned their elite status. But I still can not figure out how Ward is constantly able to demand that all of his Championship fights be held in Sacramento.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Others (like myself) would define white as *all* fair skinned Europeans, and most Eurasian populations. Im actually more comfortable with the word "Caucasian" as well.

To conclude, Golovkin is certainly Caucasian and in my opinion I'd also consider Golovkin white. His public image is that of a European boxer. So yes, I think we should support him at this site.

Look, support who You like but don't attach the label of "white" to people who clearly aren't White. Let's be perfectly honest: a single casual glance at Gennady Golovkin provides more than enough evidence of his non-White background:

1263561635Gennady_Golovkin_01.jpg

Is he a good boxer? Yes. Is he White? No. The equation is quite straight forward really...

As I've stated in other threads, we should be supporting White sportspeople, not those who are "part-white", "somewhat white", or "almost white". A person is either White or they are not. Yet again, another startlingly simple formula...

Like the term "American", "Russian" is one of the most potentially misleading appelations on the planet. For instance - with the notable exceptions of Roman Vlasov and Alan Khugayev - all of the apparently "Russian" medallists in the wresting events at this year's Olympic Games were actually Ossetians, Abkhazians, Chechens or other such Turkic / Asiatic dross.

Anyway, as I know that most of our boxing regulars exhibit a tendency to accept such Turkic specimens as whites I'm not attempting to add pepper to the pot or tread on anyone's toes - it's just my "purist's" opinion, so I sincerely hope that nobody takes any offence, for none was intended...

The Hock

Master
Well, whatever he is I'm a fan because he appears to be a true ass kicker, which is becoming somewhat rare in boxing. He looks more asian in that picture, but in others he looks more white. He was much more white looking in the fight than in this picture.

Like a lot of sorta and kinda whites his race seems to change with whatever light he is in. His hair seemed much lighter under the boxing ring lights during the fight. At the end of the day, though, I wouldn't classify him as an actual white man, even though I'm fairly liberal on bestowing that coveted designation.

Heck, I'm so liberal with that I even consider Poles to be white.

Just kidding Rebajlo.

By the way, Rebajlo, have you seen the fight?

Rebajlo

Mentor
Well, whatever he is I'm a fan because he appears to be a true ass kicker, which is becoming somewhat rare in boxing. He looks more asian in that picture, but in others he looks more white. He was much more white looking in the fight than in this picture.

Like a lot of sorta and kinda whites his race seems to change with whatever light he is in. His hair seemed much lighter under the boxing ring lights during the fight. At the end of the day, though, I wouldn't classify him as an actual white man, even though I'm fairly liberal on bestowing that coveted designation.

Heck, I'm so liberal with that I even consider Poles to be white.

Just kidding Rebajlo.

By the way, Rebajlo, have you seen the fight?

The Hock -

Yes, I watched a video of the fight on Youtube. Needless to say, I wasn't surpassingly happy but Golovkin won fair and square, putting in a solid display, so there it is...

Put it this way - if they ever fight, Golovkin will take Daniel Geale apart, which would suit me just fine. I'll wager that the National Indigenous Times wouldn't splash that particular story all over their back page, unlike this week's gloat-fest following Geale's decision over Adnan Catic (er, sorry, Felix Sturm...):

http://www.nit.com.au/sports/1792-geale-unites-the-world.html

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Hock -

Yes, I watched a video of the fight on Youtube. Needless to say, I wasn't surpassingly happy but Golovkin won fair and square, putting in a solid display, so there it is...

Put it this way - if they ever fight, Golovkin will take Daniel Geale apart, which would suit me just fine. I'll wager that the National Indigenous Times wouldn't splash that particular story all over their back page, unlike this week's gloat-fest following Geale's decision over Adnan Catic (er, sorry, Felix Sturm...):

http://www.nit.com.au/sports/1792-geale-unites-the-world.html
So Daniel Geale is aboriginal? Do they practice the one drop rule in Australia for Aborginees? To me he looks your average Australian?

Look, support who You like but don't attach the label of "white" to people who clearly aren't White. Let's be perfectly honest: a single casual glance at Gennady Golovkin provides more than enough evidence of his non-White background:

As I've stated in other threads, we should be supporting White sportspeople, not those who are "part-white", "somewhat white", or "almost white". A person is either White or they are not. Yet again, another startlingly simple formula...

Anyway, as I know that most of our boxing regulars exhibit a tendency to accept such Turkic specimens as whites I'm not attempting to add pepper to the pot or tread on anyone's toes - it's just my "purist's" opinion, so I sincerely hope that nobody takes any offence, for none was intended...

Take a look at this picture:

9kbac5.jpg

Gennadiy's hair is clearly light brown. That's an inherently European, white feature. I'd also say that his face appears more so "white" than "Asian", thats just my personal opinion however.

Maybe you dont consider him white, but at the same time there's no way you could consider him "asian" either.

I think clearly, Gennadiy is a mix of Asian and European. To be precise would be to call him "Eurasian", or "Caucasian". Gennadiy is not quite as white as Vitali Klitschko. But not quite as Asian as say, Manny Pacquiao. He's somewhere in between the 2. In my opinion, closer to white than Asian.

So, I think the most appropriate term for Gennadiy is Eurasian or Caucasian.

Some people on this site define white people as only Northern Europeans. According to some purists on this site. Even Spaniards and Italians should not be considered white (because after all, these people are Mediterranean and some even have Middle Eastern or Arabic roots). Some people also insist that Slavs and Russians are not white.

Its just a question of where you draw the line. Some people on this site are more purist than others. Im not a purist who only defines white people as "northern european" as you seem to be implying.

There is no clear definition of who is "white", so thats why I prefer the word "Caucasian" and I think its useful to consider the context of the athlete.

Personally I have no problem rooting for Eurasian fighters as they are undoubtedly Caucasian and many can be considered largely or totally white.

As I said, I feel we should support all white and Caucasian athletes on this site. And Gennadiy is undoubtedly Caucasian and certainly atleast partially white. He also represents European Boxing Scene at large and he is portrayed as "European" in the media and to the public.

I am supporting Caucasian athletes here and that should be encouraged at this site.

Gennadiy is White? Maybe depends on your definition. "White" is such a vague word and means different things to different people.

Gennadiy is Caucasian? Yes

Represents European Boxing Scene? Yes

So yes, I think we should root for him.

Also, if you choose not to root for him based on the argument that he is not white, maybe you should also stop rooting for any Italian, Greek, Spanish, Southern and Eastern Euro athletes because you will find many of these people are slightly mixed with Turkic, Mongol, or Arabic populations.

If you're that much of a purist then maybe you should *only* root for German, Dutch, British athletes...

Westside

Hall of Famer

Is he a good boxer? Yes. Is he White? No. The equation is quite straight forward really...

Like the term "American", "Russian" is one of the most potentially misleading appelations on the planet. For instance - with the notable exceptions of Roman Vlasov and Alan Khugayev - all of the apparently "Russian" medallists in the wresting events at this year's Olympic Games were actually Ossetians, Abkhazians, Chechens or other such Turkic / Asiatic dross.

Rejabjlo your contention is plausible, however, with this excellent destroyer, I subscribe to the "10 foot rule". From ten feet away, he looks like my younger brother with green eyes. He may be at least 3/4 White till 8/9 White. Sorry I am going to root for the majority White in this fellow. Based on his performance last weekend, he will be the King of the Middleweights a year and half from now. Or the other title holders will avoid him at all costs.

No matter, to me the "ten foot rule" rules the day and I will consider him White.

I subscribe to the "10 foot rule". From ten feet away, he looks like my younger brother with green eyes. He may be at least 3/4 White till 8/9 White. Sorry I am going to root for the majority White in this fellow.

No matter, to me the "ten foot rule" rules the day and I will consider him White.

Agreed on all points. Precisely, Gennady is Caucasian. What constitutes white is vague and not easily defined. I Personally would consider Gennadiy white, because he appears white to me, his skin colour, hair colour and face.

I support all Caucasian and white athletes.

Personally, i look a bit similar to Gennadiy. And I am 100% white.

Some white people from Russia look like Gennadiy. Gennadiy can easily pass as being Russian.

The problem with what Rebaljo is saying is that if you dont consider Gennadiy white, there is also grounds to not consider Italians, Spaniards, many Southern and Eastern Euros nonwhite. News flash, people have been migrating for thousands of years so many Euros are slightly mixed as a result. Its very hard to find a "pure " european person...

Personally I would be in favour of dropping the "white" label and using the word 'caucasian" instead.

Gennadiy looks white, he's Caucasian and thats enough for me.

I subscribe to the "10 foot rule". From ten feet away, he looks like my younger brother with green eyes. He may be at least 3/4 White till 8/9 White. Sorry I am going to root for the majority White in this fellow.

Agreed on all points. Precisely, Gennady is Caucasian. What constitutes white is vague and not easily defined. I Personally would consider Gennadiy white, because he appears white to me, his skin colour, hair colour and face.

Personally, i look a bit similar to Gennadiy. And I am 100% white. So sometimes white people can have this look. Some white people from Russia look like Gennadiy. Gennadiy can easily pass as being Russian.

The problem with what Rebaljo is saying is that if you dont consider Gennadiy white, there is also grounds to not consider Italians, Spaniards, many Southern and Eastern Euros nonwhite. News flash, people have been migrating for thousands of years so many Euros are slightly mixed as a result. Its very hard to find a "pure " european person...

Personally I would be in favour of dropping the "white" label and using the word 'caucasian" instead.

Gennadiy looks white, he's Caucasian and thats enough for me. I support all athletes from Europe and Eurasia.

An interesting point of contrast is the case of Andre Ward, who is half white (father) half black (mother). I dont really support him, even though he is partially white becuase he doesnt look white, and he is not caucasian.

Westside

Hall of Famer

Rejabjlo your contention is plausible, however, with this excellent destroyer, I subscribe to the "10 foot rule". From ten feet away, he looks like my younger brother with blue eyes. He may be at least 3/4 White till 8/9 White. Sorry I am going to root for the majority White in this fellow. Based on his performance last weekend, he will be the King of the Middleweights a year and half from now. Or the other title holders will avoid him at all costs.

Westside

Hall of Famer

Personally, i look a bit similar to Gennadiy. And I am 100% white.

Yes BS2, who could forget your epic and infamous posts of you in your GQ spread pics. That was surreal! I mean that will respect. Not anyone on this site except you and Zeus have the balls to posts their pics on this site. I will concide that both of you live 1000 of miles outside of the USA. But balls nevertheless. Glad you are a member!

Zeus

Guru
I agree and I applaud every white/Caucasian brother in here who says that Golovkin is white, Caucasian and represents the greatest continent there ever was, Europe!

Some people need to get over their "Hitler's" theories (who was short, dark skinned and brunette) that there are "superior" whites inside our glorious race. These people are the ones who separate us and make us weaker&divided, something that the "chosen" people fully use against us as a whole and come one step closer to their goal to ruin us as a kind!

Argentinians and Spaniards are considered two of the most racist white groups/countries on planet earth according to various polls, both nations self define as WHITE, but there will be "white" people who will deny to these people their "whiteness" like they are Gods in position of God or something!

White/Caucasian kind, is by far the most beautiful, dominant, capable, smart and has produced the greatest empires and countries ever. We have the most variety in hair texture, hair color, eye color etc! Whites that live in countries with an average 25-30 Celsius heat and 300 to 365 days per year strong sun, is natural to be more tan than whites who live in Iceland, that's pure logic!

Obviously Gennadiy is MOSTLY Caucasian (with some Asian blood in him possibly) but like most former Soviets (just like Argentinians) I bet he consider himself white, so end of the story!

Some people think that white people can look only like this:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/files/2010/02/obese2.jpg

Pale doesn't make you pure white, that's stupid to even think about it, a DNA test would prove that this gentleman right here is as white, or even more, like the previous gentleman:
http://www.pkarpodinis.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/martakis.jpg

Put the pale man of photo one in Cyprus or South Italy and I guarantee you that in less than a year he will look like a well done brown steak, complexion wise!

Enough with the non sense!

PS
According to some scientific researches, some whites in who co-live with blacks, indigenous people, Asians etc for centuries now in their "melting-pot" countries would get shocked if they took a DNA test, no matter how pale might look nowadays............ Justin Timberlake is your typical "White boy" his DNA test showed he's 7% African-American and 6% Native American, only 87% white..........God may punish me if I am lying :)