Gennady Golovkin vs. Grzegorz Proksa

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This should be a good fight.

Neither is promoted by Bob Arum or managed by Al Haymon so I'm surprised it will be on HBO.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This should be a good fight.

Neither is promoted by Bob Arum or managed by Al Haymon so I'm surprised it will be on HBO.

I am looking forward to this one as well as the Lebedev-Jones fight in October. How do you think Lebedev will fare? He's a very skilled fighter and his only loss is to Huck whose a beast. I am a little worried that his height, only 5'11, way be a big disadvantage against the tall Jones who is 6'4. Also Jones looks to have a big reach advantage.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I am looking forward to this one as well as the Lebedev-Jones fight in October. How do you think Lebedev will fare? He's a very skilled fighter and his only loss is to Huck whose a beast. I am a little worried that his height, only 5'11, way be a big disadvantage against the tall Jones who is 6'4. Also Jones looks to have a big reach advantage.
It won't be easy for Lebedev, but he's the better fighter so I think he'll prevail.

Westside

Hall of Famer
There will be a great co main event featuring Sergi Dzinzrik gainst another HBO hyped afflelito. Sergi should win and will be spring board to bigger fights. Last time out he lost but gave a good account in losing to 3rd PFP the great Sergio Martinez. Great night of boxing ahead on HBO. It could be White Boy night if Sergi wins.

Update: The afflelito weighed 165 lbs yesterday, but is now 162 lbs today. Sergi is allowing it. I hope he knows what he is doing.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
After 7 rds, Sergi is down a point. Affelito came into the ring at 172 lbs. But it cost him 100K. Hopefully Sergi steps on the gas.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I have it even after 8. Sergi need to go to his right after jabbing.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Sergi just won the 9th got him up a 1 pt or at least even.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I had Sergi winning the 10th by a close margin. He needs to win the last 2 .

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I feel bad for Dzinziruk - he's getting screwed big time.

The guy is already 36 years old and getting screwed out of potential big fights.

There were lots of fighters at 154 he could have fought on HBO.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Sergi just got the 11th! Just needs to win the 12. the fight is his!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Lots of wasted talent in Dzindziruk. Huge gaps between fights for his whole career.

Westside

Hall of Famer
The 12th was close. I have Sergi winning with a 1 pt. If not, a draw would be fair. At least Sergi got 100K fighting a light heavyweight. The decision is coming up.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Hmm ... a draw. If Gonzalez had to cut weight to 154 he would have lost. Sergi was fighting a light heavyweight tonight!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Thank God, there was fairness. Its a draw. Sergi needs to be more active and not get off ring rust in the world stage.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Lots of wasted talent in Dzindziruk. Huge gaps between fights for his whole career.
No one to blame but himself. I guess he must have a side business or family wealth to fight so infrequently.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I am believing the hype of Golovkin thus far. Its a matter of time before he blasts out his opponent.

Westside

Hall of Famer
The future of boxing is Golovkin! Sensational! Wow! He destroyed a world class fighter with ease. Man, I am impressed.

I guess the "tribe" of HBO sees the future of boxing and have latched on to him.

So relaxed in the ring. Power with both fists. Man, I am a believer.

Hopefully he calls out Quillan "kid chocalote" and rids us of this affelet.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I guess the "tribe" of HBO sees the future of boxing and have latched on to him.
GGG's manager since this past December is Tom Loffler. Having a Jewish manager helps.

Magomed Abdusalamov has two Jewish co-managers, one of which is Sampson
Lewkowicz,
so we may see him on HBO someday.

But HBO seems less reluctant to have white boxers on now than before when Ross Greenberg was there. If he was still the boss, we likely wouldn't have seen Proksa-Golovkin or be seeing the Klitschko documentary next Saturday.

Westside

Hall of Famer
GGG's manager since this past December is Tom Loffler. Having a Jewish manager helps.

Magomed Abdusalamov has two Jewish co-managers, one of which is Sampson
Lewkowicz,
so we may see him on HBO someday.

But HBO seems less reluctant to have white boxers on now than before when Ross Greenberg was there. If he was still the boss, we likely wouldn't have seen Proksa-Golovkin or be seeing the Klitschko documentary next Saturday.

Yes Carcharias, but when talent is sooo obvious with Gennady and the K Brothers you need to get on board and quick.

I stated that Gennady is the future of boxing but right now, in 2 weeks there will be an epic fight between the Great Sergio Martinez vs up and real comer in Chavez Jr. When Martinez wins by KO. Gennady will be knocking on the door. Not a good feeling for Sergio after going thrue Chavez Jr.

When HBO showed the top middle weights only one affelet was there, poser Kid Cocoa, Quillian. Man, I can not wait for one of the top middleweight to blast him out.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
Great performance by Golovkin. Proksa had never been down amateur or pro, and Golovkin made it look easy. You could see the alarm on Proksa's face when he felt the power. Golovkin's power vs Martinez's speed, what a match-up that would be.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Great performance by Golovkin. Proksa had never been down amateur or pro, and Golovkin made it look easy. You could see the alarm on Proksa's face when he felt the power. Golovkin's power vs Martinez's speed, what a match-up that would be.
I think HBO could have a middleweight tournament with the depth of fighters in this division. Golovkin vs Pirog looked to be a PPV type match. In two weeks Martinez vs Chavez will be off a similar caliber and yesterday two other paper titles were unified.......:thumbup:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
His 87 percent KO percentage is incredible but is this guy really white? He looks significantly Asian.
He has a Russian name and is a born-again Christian (raised Orthodox Christian in Kazakhstan).

I think his father is an ethnic Russian and his mother is a Kazakh, but I'm not sure. He's likely a mix.