Frochy vs Kesseler

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
You are correct Parody. It should be the fight of the year just like the Adamek-Cunningham was the best fight of 2008.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Mikkel, I will have to watch the war on repaly gotta work tonight. Man, my predictions continue to fail. I'm made glad however, Mikkel was under huge pressure and rose to the occasion.

Our guys still have a chance to win this whole thing. I hope the affelets beat up on each other. I see Mikkel beating the over rated Green. The Frock v Abraham fight will be another war.

j41181

Master
Congratulations to Kessler!

He's now a 3-time World Champion, not everyday you see a white boxer achieve such a feat. He's obviously the best boxer ever from Denmark!

JD074

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
This was a real fight.  Not like the one with Froch and Dirrell where the b-tch Dirrell ran the whole fight.

Precisely. A lot of people complained about Froch "fighting dirty" against Dirrell, but all he did was punch during the clinches that Dirrell initiated. Kessler-Froch was a clean boxing match, without its rhythm being ruined by excessive running, clinching, and headbutts (Dirrell, Ward.) Of course, Froch probably would've benefited from making it a rougher fight. lol. But he didn't, for whatever reason.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Video of the fight to download:

Primetime Froch vs. Kessler

I prefer this to the Showtime commentary, because even though one one of the commentators is black, he isn't overly biased and doesn't have the anti-white goyim agenda against Kessler like Showtime's Al Bernstein.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
f3dor said:
i gaveit to froch, but am pleased for kessler. Its means that all the white fighters are all still in it.
<div></div>
<div>117-111,are you kiding me???</div>
<div></div>

How could you give that fight to Froch? I clearly had Kessler ahead in the fight by at least several rounds. There is no doubt about the results.

f3dor

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
f3dor said:
i gaveit to froch, but am pleased for kessler. Its means that all the white fighters are all still in it.

117-111,are you kiding me???

How could you give that fight to Froch? I clearly had Kessler ahead in the fight by at least several rounds. There is no doubt about the results.

clean effective punches you have to give it to froch. If you are scoring on who was bussier, then kessler takes it, but several rounds?you having a joke right. maybe by two rounds at best.

Top uk newspaper agrees with me..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/apr/25/carl-froch-mikkel-kessler

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
f3dor said:
whiteathlete33 said:
f3dor said:
<div></div>
<div>117-111,are you kiding me???</div>
<div></div>

<div></div>
<div>clean effective punches you have to give it to froch. If you are scoring on who was bussier, then kessler takes it, but several rounds?you having a joke right. maybe by two rounds at best.</div>
<div></div>
<div>Top uk newspaper agrees with me..</div>
<div></div>
<div>http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/apr/25/carl-froch-mikkel-kessler</div>

Sorry buddy!! I watched the whole fight and if you look at my earlier posts I had Froch dominating the first few rounds but Kessler everything after that. He probably won by 3 or 4 rounds.

f3dor

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
f3dor said:
whiteathlete33 said:
f3dor said:

117-111,are you kiding me???

clean effective punches you have to give it to froch. If you are scoring on who was bussier, then kessler takes it, but several rounds?you having a joke right. maybe by two rounds at best.

Top uk newspaper agrees with me..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/apr/25/carl-froch-mikkel-kessler

Sorry buddy!! I watched the whole fight and if you look at my earlier posts I had Froch dominating the first few rounds but Kessler everything after that. He probably won by 3 or 4 rounds.

the fact you didnt score rounds 5 and 10 to froch shows you obviously had a very bad stream ;)

I like kessler and i am pleased for him, it was a great night for the caste system. But you cannot deny 117-111, just shows froch had no chance of winning in denmark.

The Hock

Master
If they had fought in England Froch could have been given the decision. It was a very close fight.

I think Kessler is past his prime. At times he resorted to just flailing away, which is enough in your home town. He looks to have lost something off his fastball.

He's not the same fighter he was a few years ago. It happens on the other side of thirty.

I don't think Kessler will win another fight in the tournament.

I'm still depressed from the NFL draft, and I have go to the dentist tomorrow.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
If they had fought in England Froch could have been given the decision. It was a very close fight.

I think Kessler is past his prime. At times he resorted to just flailing away, which is enough in your home town. He looks to have lost something off his fastball.

He's not the same fighter he was a few years ago. It happens on the other side of thirty.

I don't think Kessler will win another fight in the tournament.

I'm still depressed from the NFL draft, and I have go to the dentist tomorrow.

He's only 31!! That's when many boxers hit the prime of their careers. I think he will come back and win this tournament and avenge his loss to afflete Andre Ward. At least that's the way I am going to think.

JReb1

Mentor
Hopefully Froch will finally shut up about fighting Calzaghe now that he lost to a fighter that Joe dominated when he was undefeated and more confident. Kessler is by no means past his prime, he was just lacking a little confidence after his loss and should do better from here on out in the SS. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Kessler or Abraham in the final, maybe even against each other. That will be a war!

The Hock

Master
I expected Kessler to outbox Froch, but I think Froch outboxed Kessler. Mikkel just didnt' look like the same guy who won the first half of his fight against Joe Calzaghe. I watched the replay and Kessler got his head snapped back by Froch a bunch of times, just like he did against Ward. And Froch is no sharpshooter, Kessler was just there to be hit.

I will say that Kessler fought with a lot of heart and spirit, and that right hand he almost floored Froch with might have KO'd any other fighter in the tournament.

Still, this makes consecutive fights where his performance lacked something. Peaking happens to different fighters at different ages. I've seen fighters who were past their prime in their mid twenties.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just finished watching the replay, thanks Parody. I had Kesseler winning by 4 rounds. Frochy posed too much. Those last two rds, especially the last were great.

Kelly Pavlik should take note on Kesseler. Mikkel switched trainers and I believe it was the difference in continuing in the Super Six or possibly retiring. The change in trainer was a BIG difference and lit a fire in Mikkel.

Carl, no shame, he just has to be more busy, and not pose as much. The storm that is Abraham awaits. That fight will ruin one fighter I am afraid.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Kesseler won that fight by 4 rds. Frochy did too much posing. That last rd was great.

Kelly Pavlik should take note on Kesseler. I believe the change in trainers made the difference in continuing the Super Six or going home. Kelly needs to switch trainers for the rematch with Martinez.

It was a career saving victory for Kesseler.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I thought Kessler did very well against Froch. Froch did hit him with a few hard shots but Froch always gets heavy hits in.

JD074

Master
Unfortunately, Kessler had an enormous gash over his eye. Ward cut him up bad with headbutts, so it was probably scar tissue that opened up again. Cuts could be a problem for him for the rest of his career.

f3dor

Guru
Westside said:
Kesseler won that fight by 4 rds. Frochy did too much posing. That last rd was great.

Kelly Pavlik should take note on Kesseler. I believe the change in trainers made the difference in continuing the Super Six or going home. Kelly needs to switch trainers for the rematch with Martinez.

It was a career saving victory for Kesseler.

i disagree pal. I keep re watching the fight and i cannot see how froch lost it. At best im trying to give a draw to kessler. I honestly though froch won the majority of the first 5 rounds. The fifth round the general concensus was that it was a knockdown. kessler never had froch rocked, where as froch really could have got froch out of there.

Al berstein scored it to froch, the press row scored it to froch, derren barker scored it to froch.

If you lot watched it on thoese poor streams, try watching it in high definition.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Bro have you heard the phrase "would've, could've and should've" that applied to Froch. That slip in the 5th was proved to a slip not a knock down by slow motion. What friggn general concensus!

So what if press row or Al scored it for Froch, they must have smoked something or drank too much.

I like Froch but I think your man crush on him is tinting your objectivity.

f3dor I think you dreaming. I only calls it as I sees it.

f3dor

Guru
Westside said:
Bro have you heard the phrase "would've, could've and should've" that applied to Froch. That slip in the 5th was proved to a slip not a knock down by slow motion. What friggn general concensus!

So what if press row or Al scored it for Froch, they must have smoked something or drank too much.

I like Froch but I think your man crush on him is tinting your objectivity.

f3dor I think you dreaming. I only calls it as I sees it.

no mancrush, i think he outboxed kessler. Froch(had it been close) should have

a)knocked kessler out. He had him hurt bad, but for some reason stepped back. Even froch admitted he wss not happy with how he didnt smell the blood as it were.

b) you and i both know that had this been in england or any other place froch took it. But the fact it was 117-111 shows that even if froch was more busy in the middle rounds he would still have lost. kessler neve landed the clean jabs froch did, nor did he rock froch, like froch rocked kessler.

Take round 12 for example. ON a poor stream kesslers wild swings look easy on the eye. But in reality, froch was actually the one landing the better punches.

Hey im pleased for kessler, i really like the dude. it was a great day for caste boxing, as two whites were shown to the american audience as true warriors. And adamek beat some mexican hope.

BTW did the froch kessler fight get good american exposure?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ok everyone has an opinion. Ours differ. On to the next fight. The fight I'm looking forward to is Mosely v Mayweather. Man, I hope Mosely can ko gayweather.

f3dor

Guru
Westside said:
Ok everyone has an opinion. Ours differ. On to the next fight. The fight I'm looking forward to is Mosely v Mayweather. Man, I hope Mosely can ko gayweather.

as a caste system would love mosely to destroy gayweather. Who is the biggest fraud in boxing.

People have the audacity to kncok calzaghes record, but not mayweathers???
Ricky hatton v mayweather-hatton was winning but the atrocious ref cortez ruined hattons style.

DLH imo got a draw against mayweather.

Marquez is a 36 year old flyweight

castillo beat mayweather in the first fight.

The guys a boring fighter and will never match the excitment of what kesseler and froch did. never.

Westside

Hall of Famer
f3dor I agree with your last post 100%!
smiley2.gif

I have been contemplating a new thread about that fight. Mosely can win if he utilizes his jab consistently and hurt Gayweather with some overhand rights plus not get tired. It seems that Gayweather has super stamina and this undid DLH in their match which I scored a draw as well.

JD074

Master
I was channel surfing Saturday night, so I watched the entire fight last night. Kessler simply out-worked Froch. The jab and right hand to the body were particularly effective. (According to one person standing nearby, in between rounds, Froch told his trainer how much the body shots hurt.) Yes, Kessler was punching Froch's shoulders quite a bit, but plenty of punches landed, as well. Froch was good in spurts, counter-punching effectively at times, but his work rate was too low. It's surprising to me that Froch thought that he could earn a decision in Kessler's backyard with a lower work rate. What was he thinking? Adamek out-worked Arreola in his backyard and just barely earned a decision. Froch should have known better.

Kessler was never seriously hurt. Neither fighter was really.