Frochy vs Kesseler

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Regardless it was a very entertaining fight. If Froch won I would have been happy as well since they are both white fighters.

The Hock

Master
Froch has raised his stock considerably in the last two three years, starting with his KO of Taylor. Before that he was doing some yapping but people were saying who has he fought. They can't say that now. He has proved that he belongs.

f3dor

Guru
JD074 said:
I was channel surfing Saturday night, so I watched the entire fight last night. Kessler simply out-worked Froch. The jab and right hand to the body were particularly effective. (According to one person standing nearby, in between rounds, Froch told his trainer how much the body shots hurt.) Yes, Kessler was punching Froch's shoulders quite a bit, but plenty of punches landed, as well. Froch was good in spurts, counter-punching effectively at times, but his work rate was too low. It's surprising to me that Froch thought that he could earn a decision in Kessler's backyard with a lower work rate. What was he thinking? Adamek out-worked Arreola in his backyard and just barely earned a decision. Froch should have known better.

Kessler was never seriously hurt. Neither fighter was really.

im sorry but if froch was in england he definately would have won. People keep saying froch should have been busier, but what was the point. He lost incredibly by 4 rounds on one card and
6 rounds on the other.. So even if he won rounds 6,7,8 his only weak rounds imo, he still would have lost. lets face it froch landed the better cleaner punches.

people go on about this "body work" but forget frochs jab was continually rcoking kesselers head back, hence the brains deep cut.

Look im not upset that kesseler won(even though i thought froch won) im disapointed in the fact that froch had nothing to learn from that fight. Even if he was "busier" he would have still lost going on the score cards. Tillman gave kesseler the first 4 rounds???that is disgraceful especially as froch pinged kessler really bad in the 4th.

Plus i disagree none of them were hurt. Kesseler should have been knocked out in the 5th and only froch is to blame for that. i thibk he gave him to much respect. But he will leanr from that.

Good fight from caste sports though.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I believe Kessler won the fight, but he was not as sharp and precise as he's been in the past. Froch is a very good, slick, tough fighter with long legs and arms. He knows how to use his length well. The right hand by Kessler in the eigth was huge. Carl had to feel that shot and certainly didn't want to catch another. Could have been the turning point. Very entertaining bout.

JD074

Master
The scorecards are a separate issue. I'm not justifying anybody else's scorecard. I don't care if Froch would've won in England or not. I thought he lost the fight, regardless of any judge's opinion. I had it 7-4-1 for Kessler. I could be generous and give the even round to Froch and that would make it 7-5 on my card. Either way, that's a close fight. No bias on my card.

Of course, there's a subjective aspect to scoring. It depends on what one appreciates. Personally, I value consistent work over occasional flashy counter-punches. But that's me. Froch was good in spurts but Kessler worked effectively for three minutes of every round, and that made Kessler the clear winner in my book. Froch simply didn't put in the work. Kessler fought like he wanted it more.

I wasn't rooting for either fighter. I didn't care who won. I like and support both fighters.

There's no way that Kessler was seriously hurt in the fifth. No way.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
The scorecards are a separate issue. I'm not justifying anybody else's scorecard. I don't care if Froch would've won in England or not. I thought he lost the fight, regardless of any judge's opinion. I had it 7-4-1 for Kessler. I could be generous and give the even round to Froch and that would make it 7-5 on my card. Either way, that's a close fight. No bias on my card.

Of course, there's a subjective aspect to scoring. It depends on what one appreciates. Personally, I value consistent work over occasional flashy counter-punches. But that's me. Froch was good in spurts but Kessler worked effectively for three minutes of every round, and that made Kessler the clear winner in my book. Froch simply didn't put in the work. Kessler fought like he wanted it more.

I wasn't rooting for either fighter. I didn't care who won. I like and support both fighters.

There's no way that Kessler was seriously hurt in the fifth. No way.

I agree, Kessler won. I can't understand why anyone would score it for Froch. As you said, he simply wasn't consistently active enough in most of the rounds.

Even the jingoistic Steve Bunce acknowledged Froch didn't do enough to win.

The Hock

Master
With the tournament format, is there any chance of a rematch? As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, that's a drawback to this tourney thing, because this fight begs for an immediate rematch, and the format doesn't allow for that.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I think this Super Six Tournament is landmark. Credit needs to go out Showtime and the Fighters. The One who wins it has a mega fight with Lucian Bute next.