f**k McNair

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
From what I've seen watching the Titans so far, on most passing plays Drew Bennett isn't even an option, or else McNair refuses to look for him. ??

My feelings exactly. It looked as though Drew was rarelythefirst option. McNair would seem to go through all his reads before going to him if at all.

Spooge

Guru
Iv'e noticed while watching NFL this year (after view this site for
some time), that a brother rarely ever looks to whitey first or second.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The pressure needs to be put on McNair.Why is it that he doesn't get the same criticism that Hall of Famers like Brett Favre get?We all know why.Volek needs to be put into the game one of these weeks.Even if it's just in the 2nd half.How long will the Titans lose and continue to be anemic on offense.It all starts with the qb!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Everything I'm reading about McNair is praising him, and his stats thus far are decent. He's on pace to throw for 3,600 yards and 20 TDs. Of course a big chunk of his yardage is being accumulated by throwing very short passes to three different tight ends. He's not utilizing Drew Bennett, which undoubtedly pleases the propaganda ministry even more.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be any quarterback controversy in Tennessee. If anything the party line will be that McNair is more needed than ever to work with the youngest team in the NFL.

GWTJ

Mentor
The following paragraph was taken from my fantasy football website. It doesn't look like things are going to improve much for Bennett.

"Both WR Drew Bennett (foot/knee) and TE Erron Kinney (chest) we limited today at Titans practice. Based on what Coach Fisher said today, it sounds like both could be game time calls, "I can trust them to play. Not play as if they've practiced full speed each and every practice. The question for both of them is how well they are going to feel come game time." While Kinney was a major target for McNair, it's time to plan accordingly. Even with the Titans playing the Texans, we've learned OC Chow's scheme is more about little dink passes and protecting McNair and not much about going deep. Both Bennett and Kinney are questionable. If both can't go at game time, TE Ben Troupe (elbow) should be active and see at least 5-6 balls thrown his way."

It seems that protecting McNair is more important than winning.