Drew Bennett 41st best receiver in NFL

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another good clean up job Don.Thanks from all of us.Don't worry Gary,we always have the regular posters back when someone tries to attack them,not that you needed it.You could handle him no problem.

Gary

Mentor
Thank you! I really appreciate you men. My one purpose on this site is to exhort and encourage. When I fail to do that it will be time to leave.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
McNair is horrible.Bennett led the team with only 3 catches for 52 yards.The next leading receiver had around 30 yards.They are lucky that they have a descent defense or they would have lost again.The Titans have a very average running game at best,and a qb that is past his prime.They would be so much better with Volek in charge.How do you only throw to your number one receiver 3 times the whole game.This is the second week in a row that McNair has looked horrible and ignored his star receiver.I feel really bad for Drew!What a joke.
smiley7.gif

Kaptain

Master
McNair has no intention of helping Drew Bennett become a star. Apparently he wanted to be traded in the offseason - I wonder why. The team has been die-hard loyalists to McNair as he recieves the same treatment that every black QB recieves once they have had a good year - permenant recognition as the irreplacable francise QB.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
the same treatment that every black QB recieves once they have had a good year - permenant recognition as the irreplacable francise QB.

You know, I never gave this much thought, but its so true. Washed up black QB play forever, but the powers that be have no problem jettisoning even the most auccessful white QB, even when they win a Super Bowl. [see: Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, et al.]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A good game for Bennett today in a close loss to the Rams.He had 6 catches for 96 yards!I still say that McNair is not the answer.He threw 2 more interceptions today and doesn't look for Drew enough and especially in the red zone.The Titans will keep on losing if they don't make some adjustments.

G

Another guy we should be talking about for the Titans is Kyle Vanden
Bosch. He has five sacks already this year, and had a great forced
fumble on Bulger that was returned for a touchdown.

This is a guy that really didn't get alot of playing time his first
four years with the Cardinals, but he is excelling in his new starting
role.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
on a side note i was in a hurry today and budged in front of a white male at mcdonalds today and he didnt say a peep!!

I'm wondering if Blackmun played basketball for the Globetrotters?People should use discretion when dealing with feral blacks or be prepared to face beastly attacks in any situation.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=0,42840

After six hours of deliberation, jurors in <?:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Sioux Falls</st1:place></st1:city> found a former Harlem Globetrotter basketball player guilty of punching a man in the face. Willie Shaw could get up to 15 years in prison for the aggravated assault conviction.

He hit Dan Diez in the face in April at a nightclub when the team was in town. Diez needed reconstruction surgery for broken bones. He says Shaw hit him after trying to cut in line at the men's room.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I saw the Titans game today. With McNair as quarterback Drew will fade into oblivion. His only hope will be for Billy Volek to get in the game andtoss more passes his way.

In defense of McNair, his favorite target for years was Frank Wycheck, so I don't think he has anything against Bennett personally because he's white. It's not like he's been throwing to the Titans' black WRs, either. For whatever reason, he seems most comfortable throwing to tight ends. Very odd.

Kaptain

Master
In defense of Bart, Derrick Mason was thrown to plenty the last few years (95,and 96 the last two). Bennett isn't getting 1/2 of those throws.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
McNair is horrible.He used to be a ok quarterback but has long since seen his best days go by.To only throw to your number 1 receiver(Bennett)2 times for 20 yards is
absolutley crazy.There is no excuse for it.He is not accurate and just makes bad decisions out there.The Titans are sinking quick.Volek would make a huge difference but we all know that they will never bench McNair.Not even if they go 1-15.I feel really bad for Bennett and the rest of the team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Titans' new offensive scheme is terrible. It was touted as consisting of quick timing patterns all over the field but in reality it's mostly McNair throwing three yard passes over the middle to tight ends. It seems designed to keep McNair from getting hurt.

I respect what McNair accomplished as a quarterback but it's clear his best days are behind him. Bennett is going to have a lousy year as is the entire offense.

JD074

Master
Don Wassall said:
The Titans' new offensive scheme is terrible.

What?! You mean their much heralded, brilliant new offensive coordinator (who was oh so discriminated against for so many years because he's a minority) hasn't put together an awesome system?! I don't believe it!

smiley2.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
by Fanball Staff -Fanball.com Monday, October 17, 2005

News
Titans wide receiver Drew Bennett will be sidelined for at least two weeks after undergoing surgery Monday to pin a dislocated left thumb, reports the Associated Press. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

Views
Surgery was required because doctors couldn't get the thumb to set in its normal position. Bennett is expected back on the practice field in two weeks, so he may be out until the team's bye in week 10.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Talk about bad timing -- looks like there's a good chance McNair will miss the game Sunday with a bad back, which would make Billy Volek the starter. McNair has been banged up all season from a variety of injuries, just as in previous years, so maybe Volek will still be in there when Bennett's ready to play.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Volek will be the starter, for sure?? Dilemnas, dilemnas... Jake Plummer or Billy Volek? I've had him riding pine on my fantast team all season, waiting for just this moment and now... what to do, what to do....

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I sure hope the Volek to Bennett connection can get cranked back up again this year. All I know is Drew needs to get healthy soon.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Does anyone know when Bennett will be back?I'm guessing by next weekend.It's just not the same watching the Titans play with out him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Titans have their bye next week so the earliest Bennett will be back is Week 11. He's running routes and doing other things to stay in shape, he's just not able to catch the ball yet because of the cast or whatever they placed on the thumb that was operated on.

whiteCB

Master
Hopefully Drew will be back by next week and be at full go. It's a shame this injury had to happen to bad it wasn't McNair who got injured.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Man, I was going to start him on my fantasy team this week. Do you think he'll play any?

Kaptain

Master
Colonel, Bennett will start this week. In fantasy football who would you start this week. Bennett, Curtis, Stokely, or Jones? I have them all on one of my teams.