Draft Day 2007

Rise

Guru
Some quotes from St. Louis coach Linehan about Brian Leonard:

"This is a guy who from the onset, when we started evaluating, started draft meetings ... you just hoped" he'd be available, Rams coach Scott Linehan said. Linehan said he was impressed with Leonard's size (6 feet 1, 226 pounds), speed (4.5 for 40 yards) and versatility.

Most of all, though, Linehan liked Leonard's team-first attitude, as evidenced by his eagerness to switch to fullback last year after three seasons as the Knights' feature back.

"He could've been a Heisman Trophy candidate had he stayed at tailback," Linehan said. "He was asked to move and did so unconditionally. ... We talked about that, and he said he wanted to win. His whole life has been about winning and doing what's best for the team."

Added Linehan: "You've got to give him a lot of credit for how that football team played last year. Without that, I'm sure it could've been a different story."

Leonard's duties with the Rams will include opportunities at running back and fullback, as well as special teams. "I really believe he'll be our No. 2 tailback by early in the season," Linehan said.

"He has very, very good hands; he's arguably one of the better receiving backs in the entire draft," Linehan said. "That is what you've got to have when you're talking about a guy who could be in there for third downs. I think that's a very good fit for him in our system."

Edited by: Rise

bigunreal

Mentor
Another really dark day (no pun intended) for white football players. Like Don, I also sat and watched way too much of this nonsense. The anti-white Caste babble was non-stop. The Brady Quinn melodrama was especially difficult to watch. This is the fourth year in a row that a highly touted white QB dropped much farther down into the first round than was predicted. Funny how we haven't been treated to the sight of an agonized young black prospect, trying to remain composed in front of all those cameras, as millions of dollars slipped away from him. Exactly why did Quinn, or any of the others, slip so far down in the draft? If that had been DeMarcus Russell, or Vince Young last year (and both of them had at least as many negative factors as Quinn) writhing in agony while the announcers speculated on why no one was taking them, I think that eventually at least the black talking heads would have violently confronted the teams who didn't take him. At the very least, they would have been shouting, Michael Irvin style, about the injustice of it all. In Quinn's case, none of the announcers seemed that surprised, and one of them (Mark May) actually said he'd given him a second-round grade! They all chanted the same, inexplicable mantra about Quinn's "innacurracy."

If the Quinn saga wasn't sad enough, the rest of the story wasn't any better. Mike Furrey, one of the very few whites to be projected as a starting WR, lost his job instantly when Detroit selected Calvin Johnson. If Furrey was black, Johnson would be groomed slowly and not be immediately annointed the starter. That isn't the case in this kind of extremely rare instance, when the incumbent starter is white. Johnson is already the starter; Furrey can do nothing about it, and there will be no competition. Then there was Brian Leonard, who shockingly enough wasn't drafted by a team like Tennessee or Green Bay, who have no RBs and would have had to give him a chance to start. Leonard will be very lucky (and I'll be shocked) if he isn't immediately ordered to bulk up and become the stereotypical blocking FB for Steven Jackson. Others have commented on the numerous white players either being drafted way too late (Tim Shaw was really shafted; how can the fastest LB at the combine not be a first-rounder?) or not at all (David Ball, treated even worse than Mike Hass). Really, there is no team out there that any self-respecting human being can root for. Those who have thought that Bill Bellicheck was different must be confused right now. First, he drafts one of the most character- challenged players in the first round (Brandon Merriweather) and then he trades for one of the biggest jerks in the league (Randy Moss). Yeah, New England really loves character guys. Cleveland looked like it was doing the right thing by drafting Joe Thomas, and then trading up to get Brady Quinn, but they ruined it for me by trading up again a bit later to get a real thug in Eric Wright, with an unsundry resume highlighted by a rape accusation.

We have to face the fact that things are just not going to get better in professional sports. The single greatest argument used against white players was that they weren't fast enough. Now, with the nationally televised combines revealing that just isn't the case, the Caste whores have to come up with Warren Report-like terms like "doesn't play fast" (and the opposite, "fast game speed," to explain slow black players) and "too stiff" to justify the obvious discrimination that is taking place. How much faster is any RB that weighs 225 or so going to run than Brian Leonard's 4.48? If that isn't good enough for the idiots than "run" teams like Green Bay and Tennessee to draft him, what would be? 3.48? If Tim Shaw's 4.4 time wasn't fast enough to get him drafted in the first round, how fast does a white LB have to run? When even the most accomplished white players, like Brady Quinn, are inexplicably passed over by teams like Minnesota and Miami (for legends like Tavarious Jackson and Cleo Lemon), what hope is there for white players at black-only positions like RB and WR? Lacking a single coach having the fortitude to buck the system and treat white players fairly, about the best we can hope for is that a bunch of white ex-players start to speak out boldly on this subject. That isn't very likely, but it's our only hope.

White Mike

Guru
Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
Detroit Lions said:
$50 million bucks.  Wow.  Has anyone EVER lost as much potential money as Brady Quinn did yesterday?  No wonder his girlfriend looked pissed.

I'd be kicking her ass to the curb if thats what she was thinking...

Not his girlfriend, it was his sister. She's married to AJ Hawk.

White Mike

Guru
Deus Vult said:
lumsdenpower said:
BRADY QUINN with CLEVELAND!!!

The same Jerry Jones who drafted Quincy Carter traded away a heaven-sent opportunity to nab Brady Quinn!! What a dumbf**k!

My buddy in Dallas is livid. Jones has a lot of 'splainin' to do. He balked at his chance to pick the next Cowboy QB in the Staubach-Aikman mold. Brady Quinn could be that QB.

Jerry Jones is always trying to make deals on draft day. I remember reading somewhere that he's made like 40+ draft day trades since he bought the team. I'm a Cowboys fan and a huge fan of Quinn, but I think this was a good move. I would of liked to scooped Gonzo instead of Anthony Spencer though.

White Mike

Guru
Animalmuther0 said:
smiley7.gif
Stupid sobs! They need another WR like a hole in the head.
millenbigboardcopyjy3.jpg
smiley36.gif

PitBull

Guru
I don't understand what the big deal is about Quinn. He was the second QB
taken in the draft, and he'll get to play for the team he always wanted to play
with. His girlfreind will get over it in about 2-3 days, tops.

The biggest loser in the draft had to be Troy Smith--he won the Heismann
and he was drafted LAST in the 5th round. Talk about falling down
the draft board! I wonder how much money he lost, and how pissed his
girlfriend is?Edited by: PitBull

The Spanish are as white as any other European people. Some Cubans are just Spaniards who came to the Americas, much like the English did to the States. I've known blonde-Haired blue eyed people with surnames like Santos and Garcia, the Mestizos who bear these names are basically same as the Negroes with Anglo-Saxon and/or Celtic last names.

Now if he chooses to associate with the mestizo community and turns his back on the White community then he does us no good, and therefore may as well not be considered White. If we try to make a point using him as an example, it will only discredit us as people will think we are trying to claim a "mexican" (because after all that's what most Whites think all of them are).

This is better then last year when the draft was only 23% white if I remember correctly. Its 28% this year. Slight improvement, I would like to see it get up to 33% within a few years. The success of teams like Bosie State, BYU and Notre Dame of course will have a barring.

Kaptain

Master
Maybe Gonzo's embracing of his Cuban heritage was a brilliant draft stategy. Maybe Mike Hass and David Ball should have changed their last names to Gonzalez or some other hispanic surname. I really believe the NFL is so superficial that a last name does make a difference. While Ball and Hass are at it, they could change their first name to Demeatruis and rub obscene amounts of protan on their skin. The tan everyman, Demeatruis Gonzalez, has to be a first round selection if not a #1 overall. Add a true watermelon grin and it's a sure thing.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Kaptain Poop

C Darwin

Mentor
Kaptain Poop said:
Maybe Gonzo's embracing of his Cuban heritage was a brilliant draft stategy. Maybe Mike Hass and David Ball should have changed their last names to Gonzalez or some other hispanic surname. I really believe the NFL is so superficial that a last name does make a difference. Well Ball and Hass are at it, they could change their first name to Demeatruis and rub obscene amounts of protan on their skin. The tan everyman, Demeatruis Gonzalez, has to be a first round selection if not a #1 overall. Add a true watermelon grin and it's a sure thing.
smiley4.gif

It worked in Soul Man
000169_27.jpg

backrow

Hall of Famer
PitBull said:
I don't understand what the big deal is about Quinn. He was the second QB
taken in the draft, and he'll get to play for the team he always wanted to play
with. His girlfreind will get over it in about 2-3 days, tops.

The biggest loser in the draft had to be Troy Smith--he won the Heismann
and he was drafted LAST in the 5th round. Talk about falling down
the draft board! I wonder how much money he lost, and how pissed his
girlfriend is?

what about immortal Chris Leak, he went undrafted! he must be furious at "racist treatment" of his renowned persona!
smiley36.gif

and Gonzalez is white, as far as i'm concerned, so i will include him in my weekly updates during the season.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Well I don't believe anyone has mentioned the absolute ghetto rape that Jared Zabransky got. All he did was beat a powerhouse team (Oklahoma)in arguably the best college/nfl game ever played. The guy can run like Steve Young and has ice water flowing through his viens. He got screwed in this draft because his talents at running, throwing and evading the rush would have once and for all showed the world that a white man can play better than jesus "hidden"compartment Vick.

sunshine

Mentor
Things went according to the same ole same rule. Was hoping someone would take Andrew Shanle and his 4.3 speed but no. And another big disappointment was lack of wr. Chad Shroeder and a few others were ignored. Gonzo--is the reality vs. perception problem. In reality he is white but for most of the public he is something else. In otherwords life would have been easier if first wr was of Polish descent or something.
The Jaguars picked up a speedy punter in Podlesh and Weddle, Sabby and Wendling all look like future prime players.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
At least Miami drafted John Beck (after passing on Quinn) I think Beck is going to be one hell of a QB, and because he's a mormon who went to BYU, he has a great character and work ethic. I watched a lot of BYU's games and I was really impressed with him. People are saying Miami's draft was bad, but I really don't think it was as bad as people are making it out to be

G

The Steelers draft did not make complete sense to me, but I think that is what happens when the brains leave a team after the owner deliberately forces more blacks into management.

They draft a tight end when they already have good ones, then two black defensive ends to replace white ones. And a punter in round 4? You don't draft punters in round 4.

whiteCB

Master
White Mike said:
Animalmuther0 said:
smiley7.gif
Stupid sobs! They need another WR like a hole in the head.
millenbigboardcopyjy3.jpg
smiley36.gif

That photo of Matt Millen's draft board was f'in halarious. I love how Jeff Samardjiza'a name was crossed out at the bottom. Funny stuff. However, on to the draft where it played out pretty much as I thought. Ball didn't get drafted but the biggest fall in my mind was Wendling. I really thought he would go 3rd Rd and 5th at the least. So ot see him fall to the 6th(I mean even Brandon condren got drafted in the 4th and I ever even heard of the guy) shows that if Wendling did indeed have all the measurables that it was his debilitating skin color that caused him to drop. Also I think the Rams were a great team for Leonard to go to. Seeing head coach Linehan talking about Leonard makes me think that Leonard will stay at HB and not FB. That is great news because that means we're one injury to Steven Jackson away from having a starting whiteHB. The other HBs on the Rams roster are nothing to brag about and its obvious that Leonard in far superior to all of them. Also good to see Weddle staying close to home in San Diego and being a early 2nd Rd pick was great to see.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I am disgusted as usual. I think David Ball is a better version of Mike Hass (great route runner with smarts, hands of glue and definitely enough speed to make it) and he goes undrafted. Sure Troy Smith dropped to the 5th round, but at least he was drafted. Jared Zebransky, I think is probably better than Troy Smith and he goes undrafted. Also there was an ignoramous comment by one of the black hosts at the draft saying "Troy Smith ran the fastest 40 time of the QB's at the combine." No you idiot, it wasn't your "brotha" that ran it it was Zebransky out of Boise State. Shanle, Tre Smith and WR Shroeder are great players as well that were of course ignored. I'd just love it if one NFL scout checked out this website to see that most of us actually know a little something about talent.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Riggins, honestly Ball is a great ball player but Hass is really unbelievable. I really think alot of people cannot fathom just how good Hass was at OSU. I have no doubts that Ball could be very good though and I like him alot too but Hass has the potential to be a hall of famer.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I was on the road all afternoon and so listened to a local sports show discuss the Steelers' draft. Virtually everyone, callers and "experts" alike, doesn't like the team's first round pick, OLB Lawrence Timmons from Florida State. He was indeed quite a reach, as virtually no one denied that he's short, slow, a poor tackler, lacks instincts for the game, andon top of thatwas onlya starter one season. Why was he drafted then? Because he played at FSU, thus he has "great potential."

The Steelers draft was strange, taking LBs the first two rounds and ignoring other areas of need. One possible silver lining was taking Mackey winner Matt Spaeth in the third round, which on the surface seems like a puzzling move given that they drafted Heath Miller in the first round two years ago. But it could be an indication that Pittsburgh is going to utilize the tight end as a receiver for about the first time in franchise history. The team's WRs are horrible outside of Hines Ward and possibly Santonio Holmes, so Miller may be used as a receiving tight end, even as a wideout ala Dallas Clark, while Spaeth will mostly block but may also be used downfield occasionally. At least we can hope. I see the Steelers going downhill in the post-Cowher era, starting with owner Dan "Rooney Rule" Rooney hiring Mike Tomlin over better qualified candidates.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I haven't seen Hass or Ball actually play enough. I am just going by what I read about their measurables and that Ball has a stronger push to get off the line when getting bumped. Hass was great in division I. Ball is the best of all time in Div. II. You guys are probably right though if you have watched them play more.

white is right

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I am disgusted as usual. I think David Ball is a better version of Mike Hass (great route runner with smarts, hands of glue and definitely enough speed to make it) and he goes undrafted. Sure Troy Smith dropped to the 5th round, but at least he was drafted. Jared Zebransky, I think is probably better than Troy Smith and he goes undrafted. Also there was an ignoramous comment by one of the black hosts at the draft saying "Troy Smith ran the fastest 40 time of the QB's at the combine." No you idiot, it wasn't your "brotha" that ran it it was Zebransky out of Boise State. Shanle, Tre Smith and WR Shroeder are great players as well that were of course ignored. I'd just love it if one NFL scout checked out this website to see that most of us actually know a little something about talent.
40 yard dashes are useless for a qb if he has no pocket presence. Smith is a marginal NFL prospect will wash out of the league, within a few years. He maybe a good CFL prospect. I have only watched a few games of Zebransky but he looks similar his ball tends to sail. Zebranskys best bet to make a team is as special team standout.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
Maybe Gonzo's embracing of his Cuban heritage was a brilliant draft stategy. Maybe Mike Hass and David Ball should have changed their last names to Gonzalez or some other hispanic surname. I really believe the NFL is so superficial that a last name does make a difference. Well Ball and Hass are at it, they could change their first name to Demeatruis and rub obscene amounts of protan on their skin. The tan everyman, Demeatruis Gonzalez, has to be a first round selection if not a #1 overall. Add a true watermelon grin and it's a sure thing.
smiley4.gif
This whole he isn't white thing is bizarre. (Especially if you know Latino culture). Racially he is caucasian and you know opposing corners will talk smack to him about it. That is until he does a quick out and goes 40......
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif