Draft Day 2007

C Darwin

Mentor
Ja Marcus Russell
smiley36.gif

Poacher

Mentor
Two years from now the Raiders are going to have a 300lb nose tackle at QB.

Let's see what my Lions do...please take Joe Thomas.

Matt Millen is idiot. Another friggin' wide receiver. WTF?Edited by: Poacher

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice knowin ya Mike Furrey. 2006 - 98 receptions.

What's the over-under for Furrey's catches in '07? 30?

Poacher

Mentor
No doubt Furrey will be dropped to number 3. Mike WIlliams should be gone now. I think Furrey will do significantly more than 30 Don. He knows the offense. Johnson has got a huge task in front of him learning that Martz system. But yes, this does stink.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Despite the prognostications, I really didn'tthink the Lionswoud draft yet another wide receiver.

G

Wow, that is incredible. I'm not being sarcastic either. Are the Lions out to prove something?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
J.Russell is another overhyped qb that the media has just fallen in love with.Brady Quinn broke countless records at Notre Dame and is being punished because his team had a horrible defense.How is that his fault?
It also comes down to the fact that people are having a hard time thinking of any white qb as the main man now.What a joke. I hope Brady is the next Peyton Manning!

The Lions draft pick shows why they stay towards the bottom of the pile in the NFL - thier owners have lost touch with reality. Furrey will be on the bench next year unfortunately. We can't have him showing up our best recievers!

Who thinks Quinn will get picked by Cleveland?

EDIT - Hmm, nevermind.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: InfamousOne

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, terrible top 2 choices, Russell over Quinn and Johnson effectively bumping Furrey down the WR chart...

let's see what my Bucs do now

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And Arizona once again spends a high draft pick on a sumo. New coach, same failed philosophy. . .

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unbelievable that the Dolphins passed on Quinn! Unbelievable!

Don - let Quinn fall down the draft order towards a decent team, where he will have a decent line to protect him and a successful team surrounding him. He is better off there then getting smashed around in Oakland.

Besides, we both know Quinn will outperform Rusell all year long. It will be fun to watch JaMarcus's (what a name) fall from grace, ala Ron Mexico. I mean a running qb, already injury prone, in that environment? I'm betting on the Raiders having a worse record this year then last.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Matt Millan has trashed the Lions year after year! He has got to be some kind a gay boyfriend of the owner. Perhaps he has compromising pictures of the team owner. Or, he is just in love with tall, slow, big handed black men. WTF, why hasn't he been fired yet?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
InfamousOne I agree with your analysis, but it's still amazing to watch the Caste System work, even after all these years of observing it. Last year it was Leinart falling way down while Vince Young went early. The year before Aaron Rodgers fell way down the first round. The NFL is bound and determined to make the QB position black. Too bad the league doesn't have the same determination to make the running back position white.
smiley29.gif

G

Who wants to see Quinn play with 22 black starters and fail? I'm glad the Dolphins passed.

What is the record for blackest draft ever? This one has potential.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well Johnson isn't slow, but WR was the LAST position of need for Lions... terrible pick... and Dolphins, wtf were they thinking!

C Darwin

Mentor
This draft seems to be about replacing good whites and protecting black starters, than attempting to field the best possible team.

Heh, the problem is that white QBs keep dominating the position. This year will be no different. When Quinn does well and Rusell is a bust it will only cement the issue.

We need to remember that the teams lowest on the draft roster are the worst managed. This would be further proof. Watch the Colts and Pats choose guys like Leonard on the cheap and put them to work for yet another successful season. Now that's smart management.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Who will be the next white player selected? Probably Carricker, with Olsen and Quinn having an outside shot.

G

Another bad pick, but it's by the Texans, who always pick badly.
A 19 year old defensive tackle only one year after taking a defensive end first overall. The team badly needs good offensive linemen and they draft this guy.

The Texans are the worst run team in the league, however, I think the people in charge know that and do not care. I suspect they are not football people, but rather business people out to run the team at a profit.

backrow

Hall of Famer
49ers passed on Carriker... i wonder how many white players will hear their names called in what's left in 1st round...

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
OMG! This has got to be one of the most obvious Caste drafts ever. Quin is still waiting to be drafted and JaMuk Ass Russell goes first!