Divisional playoffs

Quiet Speed

Mentor
After seeing the Matt Jones play in the end zone several times, it's hard to say that was an outright drop by Matt. The defender's hand(s) and arm(s) were between Matt's arms and elbows and making contact at the instant the ball arrived having the effect of pulling Matt's hands apart. Very effective and making a catch very very difficult. What an unfortunate break to have that throw at that particular time and on that stage. Trey Wingo & company took full advantage of it.

guest301

Hall of Famer
How can a last year Brown's castoff like Dennis Northcutt with his 4.7 speed start over Matt Jones? We all know the answer to that one. Why even make Matt a 1st round pick if you are going to treat him like this? The announcers last night talked about how the Jags "lacked speed on the outside", no they don't, they just won't use the speed they have on the outside.
smiley7.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Quiet Speed, long time no see man! I hope Matt Jones can get out of Jacksonville over the next 6 months. I really doubt Del Rio will ever use him appropriately. 2 out of the 4 teams I wanted to win this weekend have won and Indy is up on the Chargers. Keep it up!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Indy-S.D. is a little like the OSU-LSU game. Lots of whites on both sides of the ball at all times.

CBS only introduced the Colts offense (7 starters) but it seems like they had one white starter (and many white subs) on D. Chargers had their usual 7 or 8 white starters and lots of subs like Weddle.

A few injuries or losses to free agency and both the Colts and Chargers could start a half white team next year.

Stonewall

Guru
I really hope the nation is watching this Colts-Chargers game. It really exemplifies the plethora of mistakes made by black players. When the stakes are this high, the mistakes are magnified and quite costly to say the least. It really bothers me because it makes Peyton Manning look bad. The Colts should be up by 14 points right now. The worst thing is that these buffoons are supposed to be the best players on the Colts:

1) Harrison fumbles without being stripped of the ball.

2) Sanders taunts an ex-college teammate (15 yard penalty, a big factor in the field position for the next Colts drive). What a jerk.

3) Wayne lets a pass deflect off his hands and is almost returned for a touchdown.

I'm glad I'm not a Colts fan. This is horrible to watch. If I was Manning, I would only throw to Clark, Gonzales, and Utecht right now.

Stonewall

Guru
For San Diego, Turner's success in place of the injured Tomlinson demonstrates just how good the Chargers white offensive line is.

Also, it's unbelievably laughable that the media could criticize Rivers or even attempt to say that Vince Young is somehow a better quarterback than Rivers.

Rivers is carrying this team. Tomlinson is on the bench. Gates is hurting. Rivers is being asked to carry his team on his shoulders versus the World Champs, and he is showing himself capable.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Philip Rivers has made some beautiful throws the past two weeks in the playoffs. Like Eli Manning he has been widely reviled by the mindless drunk white fans so it'sgreat to see him playing so well.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If the Colts aren't careful, they are going to lose this game. They do not seem to have the moxie of the Patriots at winning without the momentum or flow of the game being in their favor.

GWTJ

Mentor
Billy Volek is looking good, not that anyone here is surprised by that.

Looks like it's time for Manning to earn his paycheck. One drive for the victory.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Stonewall said:
2)  Sanders taunts an ex-college teammate (15 yard penalty, a big factor in the field position for the next Colts drive).  What a jerk.

That was perhaps the dumbest penalty I have ever seen committed in a playoff game. What a dufus, the great Bob Sanders indeed. The NFL is so disgusting sometimes. If it is not for so called "big play athletes" screwing up and dropping passes, running bad routes, missing tackles or getting burned badly because they are trying to do something to get their name on SportsCenter instead of playing solid fundamentals, they are hurting their teams because of dumb mental mistakes like this where they just have to show off. Edited by: Bear Backer

Bear Backer

Mentor
GWTJ said:

Looks like it's time for Manning to earn his paycheck. One drive for the victory.

What happened to Rivers? I just turned the game back on.

The Colts will hopefully remain the Braves of the NFL. I know a lot of you pull for them due to the number of whites they have, but they don't deserve it. Harrison is one of the worst post-season WRs I've ever seen(the Art Monk comparisons irritate me). He rarely shows up in the playoffs. Wayne has shown a Randy Moss-like talent for giving up on plays. I appreciate Clark's talent(not having seen much of Gonzalez, sadly) but have trouble pulling for them.

GWTJ

Mentor
Bear Backer said:
GWTJ said:

What happened to Rivers? I just turned the game back on.

He reinjured his leg. On the TD pass to Sproles he just collapsed.

I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet, but did anyone else feel that Walter Jones and Floyd Womack quit in that game yesterday versus the Packers? I thought Jones was supposed to be the new best OL in the universe, but I saw him get beat repeatedly by Packers defenders. In particular there was a sack on Matt Hasselbeck where Cullen Jenkins did some really gay dance afterwards, but basically Jones and Womack did what can only be described as a "look out" block. It didn't even look like a missed assignment, because they reacted as if they were in a man up pass blocking scheme and just let their guys take a free run at the QB.

Sometimes I think Black O-Linemen are artificially propped up by the system...
smiley2.gif

GWTJ

Mentor
Colts blow it. Too many mistakes and no running game. Had their chance(twice) at the end but came up short.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, the Colts lost, but I'm glad Billy Volek got to preside over a playoff win. He's a longsuffering quality QB thatwas hit by the Caste System with Tennessee. I can't stand teams that don't let white men do anything but throw the ball though. I look forward to the Patriots beating the Chargers next week. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Matra1

Mentor
Shannon Sharpe: "two immoblie quarterbacks in Philip Rivers and Billy Volek". Classy guy. If only they had Vince Young the Chargers could go places.Edited by: Matra1

GWTJ

Mentor
When the Colts failed on 4th down to all but end the game, the camera immediately focused on Rivers as he was having some words with the fans. He was scolded by the announcers of course.

I've seen players jawing at the home fans when the home team loses my whole life. Today was the first time I saw the cameraman, the announcers and pretty much the whole network go after a guy for it.

Poacher

Mentor
I wanted Peyton to win but it wasn't his day. Nice to see Norv Turner get a big win though.

The Harrison fumble changed the complexion of the game.

The refs made a nuisance of themselves but they did get the Gonzalez call right.

"Two immobile quarterbacks..." As if it mattered. Christ Sharpe is such a jackass. As far as I'm concerned the jury is in and the so-called mobile QB is nothing more than a failed sociological experiment.

Great to see Volek out there.

Got tired of hearing about Cromartie.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
If the Colts aren't careful, they are going to lose this game. They do not seem to have the moxie of the Patriots at winning without the momentum or flow of the game being in their favor.

Whoever this White Shogun guy is, he sure called this game. Good one, Shogun!
smiley36.gif

I'm not sure if Sharpe was watching another game with a quarterback named Volek, but the one in the San Diego - Colts game looked pretty damn mobile to me. He rolled out on almost every pass play. Even the announcers commented on the extra seconds Volek picked up rolling out of the pocket.

Volek is the only reason I was happy to see San Diego win. I hope he gets a chance to prove himself next week in New England, too. It would be great for him to come up with an opportunity to compete for a starting job next year based on his playoff performance(s).

Bear Backer

Mentor
White Shogun said:
White Shogun said:

Whoever this White Shogun guy is, he sure called this game. Good one, Shogun!
smiley36.gif

I'm not sure if Sharpe was watching another game with a quarterback named Volek, but the one in the San Diego - Colts game looked pretty damn mobile to me. He rolled out on almost every pass play. Even the announcers commented on the extra seconds Volek picked up rolling out of the pocket.

Volek is the only reason I was happy to see San Diego win. I hope he gets a chance to prove himself next week in New England, too. It would be great for him to come up with an opportunity to compete for a starting job next year based on his playoff performance(s).

I'd love to have him in Chicago. I always have thought he got a raw deal in the NFL. We could probably realistically get him over someone like Derek Anderson(who the Browns will keep if they are smart)and I don't want Donovan McNabb at all. The guy is on the downside of his career, is never healthy and is selfish.

Bart

Hall of Famer
How did Tony Gonzales stay in bounds? He looks good.Marvin Harrison is not exactly MR.Clutch in post season.Ha ha ha. Philip Rivers and Volek, yeah baby! Nice missed block on Merriman by sumo Tony Ugoh.Whiffff!Manning never had a chance.That was a killer.Volekwas mobile enough to move the ball against the Colts defense andscore the winning TD. Dinkledorf without failfindsa black player in every game who is the best this, or that, or greatest atffete ever.
smiley8.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pulling for the Giants to win because if they do here's what we'll have in the "final four":

Patriots: white QB, all white o-line

Chargers: white QB, four white starters on o-line

Packers: white QB, all white o-line

Giants: white QB, four white starters on o-line

18 out of the 20 starters on the offensive line would be white!!!What a statement that would bea quarter century into the Caste System era. Even if the Cowboys win 16 of the 20 will be white.Edited by: Don Wassall