David Lee

TwentyTwo

Master
You guys don't waste anytime! David Lee helped the Knicks when their 1st game of the season! Really wish they were on TV more! He's double-double!! Athletic & solid is right!!

I knew he was a bad dude when he won the All-Star HS Dunk Contest!

j41181

Master
Another great performance by David Lee! I'm really hoping against all hope a US white will make this season's All-Star game. Lee and Kaman are so far the best bets!

25 points (12-18FG's, 1-1 FT's)
11 rebounds
2 assists
1 steal

j41181

Master
The spirit of Dave Cowens lives one....and his name's David Lee!
His team just manhandled the Bulls, 88-81.

18 points (8-13 FG's, 2-2 FT's)
21 rebounds
5 assists Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
David Lee continues to impress. It's quite sad most continue to keep saying "he's only posting strong numbers because he's playing for such a weak team." If he continues to keep playing solid basketball, an All-Star appearance might shut-up some of his detractors up.

28 points (11-13 FG's, 6-6 FT's)
10 rebounds
1 assist
2 steals
1 block

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I feel bad for him. They don't seem to appreciate him in NY like they should. He should have been offered a long term contract last summer. They don't want to spend any money though because they are going to pursue guys like LeBron at the end of this season. They will be sorry when David Lee is gone. I guarantee that. I hope he can go to a team where they want him and he gets paid what he deserves. This guy is an automatic double/double every night. He is a monster on the glass as well. Congrats on another great night at the office for Lee!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The 28 points Lee scored last night tied a season high. The Knicks are a rarity in the NBA where their two best players are white in Gallinari and Lee.

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
The 28 points Lee scored last night tied a season high.   The Knicks are a rarity in the NBA where their two best players are white in Gallinari and Lee.

What's nice is Lee and Gallinari are doing it in a major media market like New York and they are both very athletic and New York has been playing alot better these last six weeks or so. Lucky for them they play in the weak Eastern Conference and it's not out of the question they could make the playoffs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
David Lee had 30 points tonight in another big win for the Knicks. This guy gets so little credit for what he does game after game. Keep it up Lee. You will get the payday you deserve at the end of this season. Whether it's in NY or somewhere else. What a performance. What a season so far!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
There is a good article in my local paper complimenting David. The New Jersey papers are always fair when it comes to Gallinari and Lee.

j41181

Master
It's another impressive outing for Lee, despite his team losing to league worst the Nets, 104-95. If last season was a breakout, this season is a coming of age for Lee.

24 points (12-20 FG's)
15 rebounds
8 assists
2 steals
2 blocks

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lee should have been a starter from his rookie season. He could put up these numbers on any team in the league. You don't find many forwards as athletic as Lee in the league.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The 8 assists is the most impressive part. Also, it should be noted that Lee has developed a consistent mid-range jump shot which is contributing to his increase in scoring. If Lee is not an All Star this year than the word has no meaning.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I still wish he would get in the slam dunk contest just to get his name more well known. He has the hops for sure but he is getting older. I doubt he will enter it since most guys do it in the first couple of years of their career.

What a season though. The guys brings it every night. He is the best player on the Knicks. I am very happy for him as he seems to be getting more and more confident with every game. His physical conditioning is amazing. Keep it up David. They have to put you in the All Star Game.

he comes close, a number of times, to reaching a triple double, which is unheard of for a power forward/centre. the knicks need that spanish point guard who took one look at minnesota and said goodbye

foobar75

Master
My goodness, the Knicks with Rubio/Lee/Gallinari would be the team to root for, no doubt. And he would surely thrive under D'Antoni's system and could be next Steve Nash for all we know.

This is a very good observation Yuri, and I wonder what the Knicks would have to do to get him. I'm not totally familiar with a player's rights (does MIN hold them until next year's draft, and then he becomes free to re-enter?)

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
You can only enter the draft once. Rubio's rights belong to Minnesota until he comes over, signs his first NBA contract and plays til it expires making him a free agent. However, the TWolves can trade his rights to any team at any time. Rubio can still opt to stay in Europe though.

i forgot his name. rubio destroyed chris paul at the olympics at 17 years old prompting paul to say he is already the best point guard in the world.

a caste note of interest that i found out nash is that univ. of washington had one scholarship to give and passed on nash, giving it to some black who is now doing a life sentence in prison.
nash went to santa clara instead. i wonder the name of the idiot white coach at washington at that time?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lee had 25 points last night as well as 14 rebounds. Gallinari had 26 points. The Knicks are now my favorite team because they start two white stars.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Even with the caste system in place I would be stunned if David Lee doesn't make the all-star team this year. His numbers are too good on a major media market team.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
He should be an All-Star this year. Gallinari will be an All-Star in the future as well. I also like the fact that the Knicks are improving. They are still way below .500 at .410 but they have been winning a lot more lately. I think by the end of the season they will be .500 team.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

jcolec02

Mentor
I like the fact that spike lee's favorite team that he goes to see courtside now has 2 white stars
smiley17.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
I like the fact that spike lee's favorite team that he goes to see courtside now has 2 white stars
smiley17.gif

Ohh the racism. Two white starters for the NY Knicks? When was the last time that happened? Quite some time ago I'm sure. I like D'Antoni and by next season I think he will have the Knicks in the playoffs for sure.