David Lee

So McRoberts as a soph will be leading Duke to its second straight
national title game?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
David Lee does it again.He scored the winning basket tonight and pulled down 19 rebounds.He might just be the best rebounder on the planet.That is back to back games of 20 & 19 boards for a guy that is not a center!It just makes me sick that he is only playing due to injuries.Isiah Thomas is an idiot!

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
That tip in was RIDICULOUS. It's even better because for 5 minutes the imbeciles said "Well they're just going to throw it in because it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Knicks to score." What a great play by Lee who showed great athleticism in being able to tip the ball in. For those of you haven't seen it he tipped the ball in with 0.1 seconds left in the game from an inbounds pass in overtime.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
So McRoberts as a soph will be leading Duke to its second straight
national title game?

not so fast my friend.
smiley2.gif
McRoberts is good, but he still needs to do what he did against Kent State on a regular basis before he becomes a true leader for the Dukies. and as for national championship aspirations, the Blue Devils' guards are going to have to get a lot tougher before that happens.

just my two cents, but i guess we'll all see tonight against the Zags.

Bart

Hall of Famer
ocaamikedm11 said:
That tip in was RIDICULOUS. It's even better because for 5 minutes the imbeciles said "Well they're just going to throw it in because it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Knicks to score." What a great play by Lee who showed great athleticism in being able to tip the ball in. For those of you haven't seen it he tipped the ball in with 0.1 seconds left in the game from an inbounds pass in overtime.

Awesome tip-in! The lob pass was a bit high and away from the basket. He had to leap, extend his arm off to the side and direct the ball back towards the bucket.

Bart

Hall of Famer
David must be getting tired. Tonight in 35 minutes he only had 14 rebounds.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hahahahaha! nice, Bart.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Tonight against Phoenix, David pulled down 14 boards in 29 minutes.It seems every game he is the leading rebounder of both teams on the court. He is not a fluke, does itgame after game.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Isiah Thomas is an idiot! The Knicks went 4-1 with Lee playing big minutes. Still, Isiah will probably reduce his minutes back to the low twenties after the return of some of the suspended players...I guess he wants to be remembered as the loser coach he is!

Bart

Hall of Famer
D. Lee playing 36 minutes tonight againstSac. was 7-11 fromfield and snagged 15 boards.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He is 8th in the nba in rebounding at 10.7 a game and moving up quickly.He is a rebounding monster!Way to go David Lee.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
white lightning said:
He is 8th in the nba in rebounding at 10.7 a game and moving up quickly.He is a rebounding monster!Way to go David Lee.
smiley32.gif

The guy is a rebound machine. He has to averaging the most Rebounds per minute played. I bet all the other guys ahead of Lee play a lot more.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well,it has started again.David Lee only played 25 minutes last night.He will see less and less minutes despite being one of the top rebounders in the nba.He has proven he can play with anyone but is still going to be put back on the bench.No one on the Knicks can come close to rebounding like Lee does.He is even in the top two for field goal percentage in the whole league.He is still not good enough for only one reason.He needs a little more pigment in his skin!
smiley5.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
David played only 26 minutes, but led both teams again with 12 boards. He scored 15 Pts. shooting 5-9.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
26 minutes that is complete BS we are talking probably about a top 5 player in the league in 48 minute production for all forwards in the league SF or PF. Isiah Thomas is crucifying himself with his Anti-white Stigmatism. If he doesn't get fired by next season the owners an idiot!

Bart

Hall of Famer
David's minutes have been fluctuating, but tonight he played 40 and hauled down 15 boards. The second leading rebounder had 7.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Tonight against Phoenix, Lee was 8-11 and had 14 boards in 33 minutes. I checked out the top 15 rebounders before the game and calculated their rebounding rate per minute.David's is better than all but one player -- Marcus Camby -- but not by much.

G

He is a great rebounder and energy player. He needs to develop an offensive game to become a more effective player.

jcolec02

Mentor
I didnt realize that he was as good as he was until I saw the rebounds he got with the amount of time he is on the court...P.S. anybody catch when he dunked on stoudimire against phoenix the other night??? pretty awsome!!!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
He is a great rebounder and energy player. He needs to develop an offensive game to become a more effective player.

If you are saying that he is not worthy of getting 40 minutes a game. You've got to be kidding! First off if he played 40 minutes a game he would probably score 15-18 points a game which isn't bad at all. He also scores on very few shots he is shooting 63% from the floor. In addition part of the reason he doesn't shoot as much is b/c of ball hogs like Marbury, Nate Robinson, and Crawford. Steve Francis is the Knicks best guard and he's injured. Marbury should come off the bench once Francis comes back, Nate is nothing more than an energy guy himself and Crawford should be made the starter at SG and told sternly to get his teammates more involved! Lee is also good at getting steals and is a pretty good all round defender other than in the shot blocking category.

So tell me why Ben Wallace is a starter when he has a far worse offensive game than David Lee? Lee isn't quite as good a defender as Wallace but he's currently a better rebounder and is already much more polished offensively and is very young. If you believe he's currently being treated fairly, I think your point is moot. He should be averaging 40 mintutes a game for the rest of the season! Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

some people are just too dumb to be alive.
smiley5.gif
EVERY player in the league could get better. Every one of 'em. that being said, Lee is already a dominant force every time out. no matter who he is matched up against. and considering how horrible the Knicks are, you'd think they'd be dying to put productive players on the court.

sadly, morons like yourself can't even spot the lone bright spot on a woefully miserable team... even when the bright spot is the only white man on a roster of blacks. you'd think even you dense types would notice that.
smiley2.gif

he kind of stands out, you know?
smiley2.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Against Milwaukee today, David played 32 minutes,shot 9-12 and had 14 rebounds.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
He's a great player, and hopefully if by chance the Knicks squeek into the playoffs he will be able to do well on TV in front of the masses to garner the respect he deserves. In playing for NY, no one gives this guy the credit he deserves, is he a candidate for 6th man of the year?