Darren Barker

moose

Guru
Darren Barker is another excellent prospect in the middleweight from England. I have a fight of his on dvd against barton, very good hand speed and punching power. I hope he comes to america and fights on u.s. tv

Blue Devils

Mentor
Barker scored a beautiful one punch knockout over Darren McDermott. Barker improves to 20-0(13).

Maybe a showdown with Matthew Macklin will be next.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Barker will go for the vacant British Middleweight title this Saturday against black Brit Wayne Elwiener. Edited by: Blue Devils

Blue Devils

Mentor
From fightnews:

"Dazzling"Â￾ Darren Barker (21-0, 14 KOs) of London, UK, added the vacant British middleweight crown to already owned Commonwealth 160lb title moments ago at Brentwood Center in Brentwood, also UK, with a dominant stoppage of hugely overmatched late sub Danny "The Boy"Â￾ Butler (18-3, 3 KOs).

After taking the first round to feel out his opponent, Barker delivered a masterful perfromance, showing a world-class technique combined with natural reflexes and considering punching power from the second stanza on. Butler, who was competetive in the first couple of minutes, gradually faded down the stretch, taking more and more measured punishment from the middleweight contender and missing all in return. There were no knockdowns and Butler had never been hurt during the fight, but at :47 of the seventh round referee Richie Davis stepped in to halt the one-sided contest and saving brave Bulter from more heavy punishment.

Darren Barker retained his CW belt for the fourth time, proved he is a force to be reckon with at 160lb and put his name in one line with such prospects as Dmitry Pirog, Daniel Geale, Matthew Macklin, Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam, Gennady Golovkin and Daniel Jacobs. He was scheduled to face Wayne Elwiener before.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Barker will face Affif Belghecham 19-4-1(4) this Friday. The match will be for the vacant European Middleweight title.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
Barker will face Affif Belghecham 19-4-1(4) this Friday. The match will be for the vacant European Middleweight title.
From Fightnews

British Darren Barker (22-0, 14 KOs) replaced Irish Matthew Macklin as the European middleweight champion after an extremely hard-fought unanimous decision over French pressure fighter Affif Belghecham (19-5-1, 4 KOs). Both combatants engaged into a crowd-pleasing brawl for twelve heated rounds. Better equipped Barker was a better man in the first half of the fight but gradually faded down the stretch. Oppositely, Belghecham survived an early onslaught behind his block and tight defense and started to hunt the Brit down in later rounds. Barker was able to utilized his foot speed to literally (and laterally) run out of danger. At the end of give-and-take battle, Fightnews saw it 116-114 â€" for the Brit. Judges saw it 115-113, 116-112 and ridiculous 118-110 â€" for Darren Barker.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Barker wins Euro 160lb belt

Unbeaten middleweight Darren Barker (23-0, 14 KOs) scored a twelve round unanimous decision over former world title challenger Domenico Spada (32-4, 16 KOs) on Saturday night at London's Olympia to regain the vacant European middleweight title. Barker, fighting for the first time in over a year, dominated the first half of the fight and cruised to the final bell to win by scores of 115-113, 116-113, 116-113.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Tonight is the big opportunity for Darren Barker. I think he'll give a good account of himself, but it's unlikely he'll defeat the very talented Martinez.

Barker does punch hard, so he has a punchers' chance if he can land flush.

The Hock

Master
Aye, Barker's a brave lad, but 'tis a fact that Sergio is waaaayyy too fast for him. Not to win or lose, but how long can Darren last is the question.

Six rounds tops says I.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Andy Lee is pitching a shut out against incredibly tough Brian Vera. If Andy had Brian's chin no one in the 160 lbs division could beat him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Andy will probably be on Sergio list at the top, cause the rest of the top middleweights will avoid him. Kudos to Barker in taking the challenge.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I still have a bad taste in mouth from that fixed fight two weeks ago. Hopefully Sergio will right my disposition.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Sergio is a special fighter. He started boxing as an adult. To this day he is not fundalmentally sound, but his athletism carries the day as well as good power. He is like a prime Roy Jones of the mid 90s. Barker was a tough nut to crack but Sergio started to find the key with the body shots and just wore down Barker, until the right hook high on his head finished the job.

Barker did give a good account of himself. But I think he needed several more fights before stepping in the ring with Marvalla. But everyone needs to eat.

This fight should encourage Felix Strum to fight Sergio, if he can find his testicles. A fight in Europe between Felix and Sergio would be huge. I hope that one gets made.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Barker did surprisingly well until his body hit the wall around the 9th round. By just using simple movements and a straight jab he was able to neutralize Martinez. I wonder if Martinez is starting to slip at the age of 36. I know he is young 36, but 36 is traditionally very old for a world class middleweight boxer.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Andy Lee is pitching a shut out against incredibly tough Brian Vera. If Andy had Brian's chin no one in the 160 lbs division could beat him.

"incredibly tough Brian Vera"

You can say that again!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Barker did surprisingly well until his body hit the wall around the 9th round. By just using simple movements and a straight jab he was able to neutralize Martinez. I wonder if Martinez is starting to slip at the age of 36. I know he is young 36, but 36 is traditionally very old for a world class middleweight boxer.

It looked like Barker tired out. Like the announcers kept saying, in the last half he got himself in punching range and didn't throw punches. Those announcers were much better than the junk they inflict upon us on US tv nowadays. They stuck to the subject, like the they should, like boxing announcers here in the past did, before they started trotting out black sidekicks and jewish kibitzers.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Well Martinez is the best fighter in the weight division by far right now. Barker would have pulled a huge upset had he gotten the win. You can't go wrong when you have two talented white warriors battling it out.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Martinez fights with his hands down like Vitali Klitschko. But Vitali is the real best "pound for pound" boxer in the world, along with his brother, but they won't put them on their ridiculous pound for pound lists. Vitali fights with his hands down - and doesn't get hit!!!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Martinez fights with his hands down like Vitali Klitschko. But Vitali is the real best "pound for pound" boxer in the world, along with his brother, but they won't put them on their ridiculous pound for pound lists.

You are right on that, Werewolf. Martinez is ranked #3 pound for pound in the world. Many of the DWF's and media don't know he's white so I assume that's the reason for the high ranking. If he had blond hair and blue eyes he wouldn't even be ranked in the top 20 P4P.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"Vitali fights with his hands down - and doesn't get hit!!! "

I edited my quote there to include that sentence, White A.

I really hate that "pound for pound" crap. It was started by the totally useless Ring magazine as space filler, and now they list it as if it is something legitimate whereas it is nothing but a list of whoever wrote its favorite fighters, always favoring the little guys and, of course, the non-whites. And yeah they will cut Spanish speaking whites some slack because they are too dumb to know the difference between race and language, and that goes for the government too with their "Hispanic" race category.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
"Vitali fights with his hands down - and doesn't get hit!!! "

I edited my quote there to include that sentence, White A.

I really hate that "pound for pound" crap. It was started by the totally useless Ring magazine as space filler, and now they list it as if it is something legitimate whereas it is nothing but a list of whoever wrote its favorite fighters, always favoring the little guys and, of course, the non-whites. And yeah they will cut Spanish speaking whites some slack because they are too dumb to know the difference between race and language, and that goes for the government too with their "Hispanic" race category.

Was P4P around when Tyson was in his prime? If it was I'm guessing Tyson was the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Now only the midgets(non whites) can be top P4P guys.

Last edited: