Dariusz Kuc runs a 10.17!

albinosprint

Mentor
with time he'll be polands next Woronin. we all know that if Marian Woronin would have run today he whould have broke 10, no doubt! kuc has got step up and do it for all Caucasian!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just had a funny thought.Kuc has a very long way to go but wouldn't it be a riot if a tall,skinny white sprinter like Dariusz eventually starts beating all of the over juiced,roided out guys like Gatlin/Powell.Can you imagine the blow to their egos if a skinny kid beats all of the bodybuilder/sprinter types.Ha.ha.ha.Now that would make my day just like watching Wariner show them all his heels every race!!
smiley32.gif

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, that guy is a rail. Does anyone have any height and weight stats on him? He is definitely an atypical sprinter.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well the good news is that nobody would ever suspect him of being on steroids or anything else.

albinosprint

Mentor
get this, according to the polish championship web page he is 64kg / 178 cm or 140 lbs / 5' 10" that's a bit on the light side. I'm guessing the weight is wrong he has got to be 160 - 170lbs. either way its fair to say he is not on roids!

white is right

Hall of Famer
That's less than a 145 pounds. He looks really thin so that could be accurate. His build is similar to a 800 metre runner or miler. He could easily gain 20 pounds. If he can carry the weight well his times will come down with the extra power.....
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white is right

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's just amazing that he can run that fast at that size.He is a little like the former us high school kid,Casey Combest.What a waste of talent?He could have been special as he still owns the All Time US High School Record for 60 meters at a 6.58!He forgot he was white and liked to smoke the pipe.What a idiot!Kuc will be a very good one for a long time.He has his head on straight.

freedom1

Mentor
Dariusz is entered in the euro champs starting on the 6th. So far this year he's been the man. Let's hope for a new PB.

devans

Mentor
He made the final at the Euro champs and came in 6th in a respectable 10.21.

albinosprint

Mentor
for his age the euro's has been a great meet!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This track season has had it's ups and downs.One of the huge ups has been Dariusz Kuc.He is one of the kids that will be there in a big way down the road.I really believe that.This kid runs in the 10.2 range as often as Shirvo did in 98/99.Granted that Matt was faster but Kuc has not even begun to come close to his peak.He is just so raw.We have too many of the sprinters we watch struggle to get into Kucs normal range.It's like a jog in the park for him lately.If the track wasn't so wet,and Kuc didn't get a bad start,he would have ran around a 10.15 at the least.He's just a kid who is fearless.I take my hat off to him.He handles pressure as good as anyone out there.I look forward to watching him run for the next decade.What a talent.

albinosprint

Mentor
I'm so pumped up about this kid! He will break 10 seconds in a few more years!Edited by: white lightning

freedom1

Mentor
Yes, at age 19 and at a bodyweight of ~140 lbs he is a consistent 10.2 sprinter. He's gotten major international experience this season, and as has been discussed on this forum before, white athletes tend to develop a little more slowly. This guy's upside potential is phenominal!!

backrow

Hall of Famer
also keep in mind that Polish relay on 100m won a silver medal during Euro Championship, beating France, Portugal and several others with mostly/all black teams
smiley32.gif
that's 4 white guys we're talking about!

In regards to Dariusz Kuc, he needs at least 10 lbs in muscle weight to go to the next level, in my opinion!Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dariusz Kuc won the 100 at the Polish Nat'l Champs today. He won in a time of 10.27 wind legal. While that time is only average, it is the quickest time he has run in a couple of years. I don't know why he has went backwards but hopefully, he can still eventually progress again as he is still young. Congrats to Darius and good luck getting back on track.Edited by: white lightning

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Kuc ran a 6.59 in Spain today.
He, Blum, and Pickering are all under 6.60 this year, and Simone Collio of Italy is at 6.60. All pretty impressive.
Unfortunately Pickering was DQ'd at the British Championships today - must've false started.Edited by: jacknyc

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is a spectacular time for Dariusz Kuc. Finally we have some legitimate young talent coming on. Also you have Christophe Lemaitrewho ran a FrenchJunior Record6.64 today and he is only a teenager.

I feel really bad for Craig Pickering. He was disqualified due to a false start. The pressure on this kid is amazing. I was reading an article and it stated how the othe UK Sprinters stick together and they team up against Craig. Gee, I wonder why they don't like him. Could it be his lack of a tan? What a joke. It has to be so hard when you feel like the world is against you. Simeon Williamson, Tyrone Edgar and Harry couldn't even crack 6.60's. Not even close. Craig was Dwains only competition. What a bad day for Craig. I hope he can put if behind him. Craig is scheduled to race next weekend so there is still a slim chance that England could select him if he runs an eye popping time!

Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dariusz Kuc won again today. He ran 6.60 to advance to the finals and then repeated the time with another 6.60 to win the meet. This is his final tuneup before the Euro Indoor Champs. He is in very good form. he should go into the 6.50's range again in Torino. Kuc has been very consistant indoors in 2009 and this can only lead to bigger & better things outdoors. I would be willing to bet that he will break his 10.17 p.b. this summer!

StarWars

Mentor
In 2007 his best 60 meter time was a 6.68 in Valencia. This year he clocked a 6.59 at the same meet. Considering his best time is a 10.17, he is in the same striking distance of 10 sec as Pickering and Cerutti. Kuc may follow the Polish legacy of Marian Woronin.

Stefan Schwab is another German to watch out for with a 6.59 as well as Bayer, Winter, and Blum. He is very, very young. Almost as young as Lemaitre.

Christian Blum is in my opinion just as good as Pickering and Cerutti, and with more potential. In 2008 he ran a 6.63, and improved it to a 6.56 this year until his winter season was cut short. He clocked 10.26 in 2007.

StarWars

Mentor
This guy will be right with Pickering and Cerutti. So many white sprinters! I can hardly wait. Too bad Tyson gay, Usain Bolt, and Dwain Chambers will all be in Berlin. I would be content with a finalist or two being under ten seconds in Berlin, that would take some attention away from Bolt. By 2012, I expect medals!!! (I hope Pickering)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Kuc is very inconsistent, but today he ran 10.21 at the Polish Championships (wind 1.0)

albinosprint

Mentor
not bad, but he should be running 10.1x or better and your right, he is very inconsistent. on one hand we are having a great year with Pepe & Rocket, but then we have guys like Pick, Kuc & Blum who are not where they should be. next year will be different. Edited by: albinosprint

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm happy for Dariusz Kuc. It has been a long way back to get a respectable time. Maybe this is something he can build on for next season. Great time and I belive he is still only 23 so time is on his side. Congrats to the Polish Missle!