Dariusz Kuc runs a 10.17!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dariusz Kuc of Poland is quickly becoming one of the elite sprinters despite only being 19 years of age.He has been doing quite well for himself in the 60 meters going up against the worlds best and Polands best sprinters.He has run a 6.64 and a 6.66 in his last two races.With his age,he has a very good chance to eventually overtake L.Chyla as Polands best 100 meter sprinter.Time will tell.I would love to see this guy become another Marian Woronin!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This weekend we might have seen a new sprinter to watch out for.Dariusz Kuc just ran a new p.b. of 10.17 wind legal.He just turned 20 recently so Poland might just have a true find on their hands.He is progressing very nicely.I'm pumped to see this kid coming along even quicker than I would have expected.To get down to the 10.20 range is very hard.To go below that takes an exceptional race and he seems to just be taking it in stride.We will have to keep a close eye on this kid.It's exciting to see alot of really outstanding young white sprinters coming in other countries & Europe.We have Craig Pickering,Christian Blum and now Dariusz Kuc!The future looks bright!Here is a link about the race.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t= 19678

freedom1

Mentor
10.17, wow, that's the best sprint news so far this year. Anyone have a pic of Dariusz?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is a huge discussion going on 3 days now on white sprinters over at trackandfieldnews.comGo there and click on message boards/current events.You can't miss the thread.It's some interesting reading.If any of you guys are members,you should add some input or else join the board.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was looking at the European_Athetics.org website and checking the year to date lists for Mens Under 23 years of Age 100 Meter Performances.Dariusz Kuck is number 1 by far.There are quite a few other new guys too.Some from Germany and Bulgaria.Anyways,it is exciting right now as there are quite a few good hopes for sprinters in the next several years.I will post a link with the up to date lists later on.I'm really anxious to see Dariusz run his next race.I'm pretty sure he races next weekend.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kuc races tommorow in Lille,France.This is going to be his first race in 3 weeks since his 10.17!Let's hope he can scorch another fast time.
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dariusz Kuc ran a 10.38 yesterday.Not a great time but it is still better than his p.b. from last season.So far,two races and two new personal bests.Keep it up Kuc!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This Sunday in Poland,there is a huge track meet.There are alot of big names of note there.Alot of the guys we like will be in the 100 meters.You have Dariusz Kuc,Morne Nagel,Lukasz Chyla,Andrey Yepishin and many others.They are even having another 100 meters for Poland's finest junior sprinters.There are more white sprinters in this meet than I have seen in a long time.Let's hope for good conditions and some very fast times.I can't wait to see the results!
smiley32.gif

freedom1

Mentor
It doesn't sound like the track was that fast.

Yepishin was 1st in 10.37, Chyla 2nd 10.44, Kuc 3rd 10.46 and Nagel 5th in 10.51 (+0,8 wind).

Marcin Urbas won the 200 in 20.64.

freedom1

Mentor
Kuc and Yepishin will be running the 100 at the European Cup this weekend. They'll be in a tough field that includes Dwain Chambers and Ronald Pognon.

Marcin Urbas and Tobias Unger will both be in the 200.

Let's hope for good conditions and fast times.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Finally,Yepishin gets into the sub 10.20 level that he should always be in with his 6.52 speed in the 60!This is a huge breakthrough for him and for the mens sprinters in Russia period!The Russian Women have been tearing up the tracks in the sprints for years while the men have lagged behind.Let's hope that A.Yepishin can inspire the youth in his homeland.

Dariusz Kuc continues to impress with a 10.30!He is only 19 and the future is bright.Ostwald has been consistant as of late.Pickering must be hurt.He has been awful this summer in the high 10.4 to 10.5 range.Craig is too talented to be stuck in quicksand like that.Hopefully he will turn it around soon.He has battled some injuries this season.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The times won't be ratified as the wind was 2.4 metres a second. Would have been a nice break through for him(Yepeshin) though. He should do a sub 10.2 at one point this season especially if he gets invited to a meet in Greece if it's hot and muggy.....

freedom1

Mentor
I wonder if our guys are choking in the finals. Or maybe being affected by outside lane assignments. At Athens, Osovnikar ran ran 10.21 for 4th in his qualifying round, Kuc 10.27 for 4th in his. In the final Osov was 7th in 10.36 and Kuc 8th in 10.39.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think that it is a combonation of both.They always get the worst lanes because of their times in the big meets.They need to run faster to get the middle lanes.Even more than that though is that most of these guys just tense up.They need to relax and just worry about their own race.Who cares who is in the lanes next to you.You have to believe that you can win in order to be comptetive.Some of these guys have lost the race before the starters gun goes off.We need some *******y,arrogant types that know they can win like Wariner!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hope that Kuc can put down a couple more solid races before the European Cup.It's only 3 weeks away and is probably the biggest race left all summer.He needs to continue to put down 10.2's & 10.3's to back up his p.b. from earlier this year.I'm actually impressed with the kid so far.He has outperformed Pickering this season.Poland loves track and especially sprinters.They are just dieing for a superstar to root for in the 100!This kid could be the real deal within the next several years.We can only hope so!!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I am not into touting guys when they are just running average times like 10.3 or 10.4..... but when somebody actually runs a good time I am more than glad to report it.
So...today's news is that Kuc finally backed up his 10.17 from earlier this year with a 10.20 today to win the Polish Championships.
A very good time...and his 2nd good time of the year. Let's hope he continues to improve.

freedom1

Mentor
Wow! That is great news. The wind was only +0.8. Kuc is for real.

Poland has great sprinting tradition.

white is right

Hall of Famer
That was a decent time and if there is a white sprinter with a chance to be a finalist at a world or olympics in 2008 it's him. He is reed thin and running 10.2's. If he bulks up properly he may have the ability to flat tens or less.....
smiley32.gif

albinosprint

Mentor
he also need to run more races with the americans so he can be pushed a little more!

freedom1

Mentor
Track and Field News report from Poland:

Polish male sprinters also showed good form in Bydgoszcz, proving they will be dangerous in Gothenburg in both relays. First, in Friday's 100 metres final, Dariusz Kuc ran 10.20 (after an earlier 10.23 in the heats), followed by Marcin Jedrusinski (10.31 PB) and Lukasz Chyla (10.34). Then on Saturday, five men broke 46 seconds in the 400m final, led by Marcin Marciniszyn's 45.54 PB, just clear of Daniel Dabrowski's 45.57 (also a personal best) and Rafal Wieruszewski's 45.70. Kuc also showed good form at 200 metres, running a personal best 20.87 in the heats despite slowing down in the last 20 metres.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm back guys.My computer crashed and I had to buy a new one.I was due as it was around 8 years old.I'm pumped about Kuc running such a fast time.He ran a 10.23 in the heats as the IAAF reported.To run to low 10.2's shows good form!He will be a medal hopeful at the European Cup.Even better,he has probably past C.Pickering as the favorite of the young sprinters to have the best chance at a sub 10.He also shows suprsingly good form over the 200 meters as well.With some more strength training,& plyos along with a strict diet,he will be one to watch in the next several years.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ok guys,this Sunday we have a big race.Alot of the young guys will be in it.Dariusz Kuc,T.Helmke,S.Ernst,and many others.Right now,Kuc is in the best form of any of the white sprinters.I love how fast he is running and also that he has been fairly consistant.When he puts on some additional size,look out.He will be the pride of Poland!Let's hope for a sub 10.2 on Sunday!