Danny Woodhead

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just voted in the poll. I agree that Danny and Peyton need to keep being utilized a lot to help keep the idea of a White RB fresh in the minds of the fans. Toby had one measly carry in last week's game. His "better" averaged just 3.0 yards over 24 carries. I'm hoping Toby gets a legit amount of carries soon, but things aren't looking good for him rushing for over 100 yards this season, unless he breaks a long one.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It's a good video, shocking considering where Danny was a few weeks ago, yet they still are incredulous. I'm looking forward to a few weeks from now, when this is the norm from Woodhead, and then they will have to acknowledge his incredible skills. Did you see those wicked ankle-breaking cuts? Wow!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
At least they are talking about him now. They can only ignore his talent so long. I like how the one commentator said, he makes up his mind and bam he is gone. He had to ruin it by saying he won't get the td but will get you the first down. Even that statement is a lie. Danny has already had some long td runs. His time is coming. I'm glad the NFL is cracking down on some of the cheap hits. It will really help offensive minded players. Woodhead is a stud. I want to hear them talking about his breakaway speed. He needs to take a few more runs for tds to get their attention.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Woody ran a 4.33/ 4.38 at his Pro Day- which would probably equate to about a 4.4 flat electronic at the combine. He also has 10.5 100 meter speed- so he's among the faster sprinter speed tailbacks in the NFL too. His moves are almost Sanders like. He hits close to top speed in about 3 steps. I should have ranked him higher than 9th in my 2008 tailback rankings (Hester was also in my top 10 at 8th?), I think I only had Hillis at 14th also. Oh well, it was still more accurate than other caste clowns and I've improved.
smiley9.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Wow, I just saw Jaws on PTI talking about Danny Woodhead. Jaws said Danny's his favorite player in the NFL now. Besides some of the usual caste stuff, I thought Jaws was very complimentery of Danny. He said he's fun to watch and can do it all for the Patriots. He also said he has great quickness.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yes indeed! Nothing but props to Danny Woodhead....been waiting for this a long time; what a great opportunity that he is taking advantage of...a white scat-back! He does have some Barry Sanders-like moves TJR....the dwf/sheeple are idiots with no clue!

Maybe they should get Jake Sharp in camp next year...

What is Joe McKnight up to??

Still cant believe (well I guess I can) that Jake Sharp couldnt at least land on a freakin practice squad. Sad...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Joe McKnight, Danny Woodhead's "better" with the Jets, is really tearing it up this season. He's been in one game so far, and racked up an amazing 12 yards already on only 4 carries. I say we should just punch his ticket to the Hall of Fame now!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Joe McKnight, Danny Woodhead's "better" with the Jets, is really tearing it up this season. He's been in one game so far, and racked up an amazing 12 yards already on only 4 carries. I say we should just punch his ticket to the Hall of Fame now!

smiley36.gif
His upside potential is tremendous, as he can't get much worse!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
.... And just to think that we make fun of Felix Jones' level of conditioning. I'll bet if McKnight got 15 touches in a GAME, he would be puking, on an I.V., and need hospitalization for exhaustion! By comparison, I'll bet Danny could play every snap on offense and on special teams, get 30 or more touches in a game, and he's be fine after a shower and a bite to eat.

Woody

Guru
I just watched Bucky Brooks talking about Branch, Hernandez and Woodhead. Great props to Woodhead, and no backhanded compliments. He called him "the X-factor" in the offense. Great clip of him showing Wlker "getting all the attention" and letting Branch get open. Imagine that. First video on Woodheads player profile on NFL.com.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Woody said:
I just watched Bucky Brooks talking about Branch, Hernandez and Woodhead. Great props to Woodhead, and no backhanded compliments. He called him "the X-factor" in the offense. Great clip of him showing Wlker "getting all the attention" and letting Branch get open. Imagine that. First video on Woodheads player profile on NFL.com.

Welker will be heavily covered now since he's the best receiver on the Patriots. That should allow Danny to have some room to breathe though.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
From watching the last couple of Pats games, although it's "early" in Danny's career, he has one of the best block-and-release techniques that I've seen from an NFL back. Very similar to Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes. And no linebacker has a prayer covering him. Can you tell that I'm pumped about Woodhead's opportunity??

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
More reps for Danny! He's on my CF-FFL team.
smiley1.gif

Tom Iron

Mentor
Good morning ToughJ.Riggans,

I saw that game yesterday up until the 4th qtr. and left (didn't think the chargers would make a game of it). There was one play that I saw that black rb with the long hair dive on the ground rather than block a rusher. Brady got sacked as a result. If Danny had done that, he never would have got in the game again that day.

Danny looked good, but I still think they could use him more.

Tom Iron...

Tom Iron said:
Good morning ToughJ.Riggans,

I saw that game yesterday up until the 4th qtr. and left (didn't think the chargers would make a game of it). There was one play that I saw that black rb with the long hair dive on the ground rather than block a rusher. Brady got sacked as a result. If Danny had done that, he never would have got in the game again that day.

Danny looked good, but I still think they could use him more.

Tom Iron...

Whenever Green-Ellis was on the field, you knew what he would do if he was in the play...run the ball. When Woodhead wasin there, you never knew what he would do, as he can not only run the ball, but receive out of thebackfield andeffectively block.Truly a multi-dimensional back.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Danny can runinside but only on occasions is what it seems to me. Don't get me wrong I think he's a great runner, but more so out of spread formations.If Danny wants to become a well NFLrounded runner I feel his best bet would to add another 8-10 pounds to try and endure more of the bigger hits he would take as a featured runner. That being said who knows how long he will be alowed to be a NFL runner? The lifespan of a RB in the league is probably around 5 years. For white players that year count would be cut down severely.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
One of the MNF announcers said during tonight's game that Ahmad Bradshaw is only 5-7 and he's now leading the NFL in rushing yardage after going for over 100 yards against the Cowboys. Pro Football Reference listsBradshaw at 5-11, while nfl.com has him at 5-9. Whatever his actual height, he's roughlythe same height and weight as Woodheadand his lack of height is almost never mentioned or made fun of. The reality is that the NFLhas lots ofshort black running backs, wide receiversand defensive backs but for some reason Woodhead's height has to be constantly mentioned by the media.

ToughJ.Riggins said:

Thanks for the link, Tough J. That really was a great articleand hilarious, too! The paragraph after they quote Belichick saying, "How do you think he got here? Parachuted in?" that starts out,
"Well, yes. Of course thats what we thought. That's just what an overachieving...." I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I read that! TOO FUNNY!!!

I thought the article was written so well, I decided to Google the guy who wrote it, Kalini Simpson. Interestingly enough, here'spart of hisprofile:

"He holds a Bachelor's degree from Dana College in Blair, Neb., where he played NAIA small-college football. (As a wide receiver, he had more clipping penalties than pass receptions.)

Question: Does this mean he had more than 120 career clipping penalties?

No."

And, yes, he is white. Maybe a victim of the Caste system himself, no?

EDIT TO ADD: BTW, I sent an email to Kalini Simpson thanking himfor being one of the few who will speak up and tell the truth in such a PC world. If anyone wants to thank him, I provided an email address below. I think we should,after all the more interested people arein a topic, the more positive feedback these brave writers get, the more likely they are to continue writingabout and eventually exposing the Caste system. sports@owh.comEdited by: Toby Hillis

guest301

Hall of Famer
Danny Woodhead was interviewed on ESPN First Take this morning and the proverbial elephant in the room (his skin color) being the reason he was passed over in the NFL draft was never brought up. His size was conitinally brought up as the main reason he got cut by the Jets and passed over by so many other teams. I was hoping Danny would bring it up but totally understand why he didn't.