Colts - Ravens

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Looks good so far. Colts up 3-0. They held the Ravens to three and out, and seemed to have no problems moving the ball til they got close to the goal line.

Ouch. Heap fumbled and the refs are looking at each other like, wtf is the call? They ruled him down but Dungy wants to challenge. Unfortunately for Heap, it certainly looks like a fumble to me.

Challenge upheld, Colts ball on the Raven's 31!

LOL. Colts fumble, and there are like six Ravens around the ball. The only Colt in the pile is Utecht, and he comes up with it. Way to go Utecht!

Colts up 6-0.

Wow, Colts D is making some great tackles. They're hitting and wrapping up, just like they did against KC. Ravens have had the ball three times, punted twice and fumbled once, with one first down.

Blatant pass interference against Samari Rolle, the ref threw the flag but they picked it up after a ref huddle. Their explanation? Not enough contact to warrant a penalty. wtf?? Why throw the flag in the first place??Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Blatant pass interference against Samari Rolle, the ref threw the flag but they picked it up after a ref huddle. Their explanation? Not enough contact to warrant a penalty. wtf??

Horrible call. That would have given the Colts nice field position.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Well, here we go. Manning just threw what is probably going to be just the first of a couple INT's in this game. He's getting a lot of protection, it just looked like a bad pass. He has one completion in his last six passes, with one INT.

Anybody have something to say to keep me from being discouraged already? Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
They're talking about McNair, who says 'everyday he thinks about coming up just a yard short..' in the Super Bowl. Hey, news flash - that yard was for a TIE, not the WIN.

Speaking of McNair, they have first and goal and the play clock expires just a moment before McNair calls time out. But they give him the benefit of the doubt and give the Ravens a time out. The clock was clearly at "0".

YES!! McNair throws an INT at the goal line! YES!! Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
Brother, that was a stupid pass by Peyton, but thank goodness McNair just threw a goal line Pick.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Did you see that run by Peyton, Bart? Woo hoo! Nine yard gain! LOL

Whoops, Peyton almost threw another pick!

LOL @ Bryant Gumble saying Manning threw it away - but it was in fact a beautiful pass for a long gain to Marvin Harrison!

LOL @ these idiots comparing Manning to Vick - 'well, Peyton Manning is no Mike Vick, but he does have great pocket presence...'

Vinatieri makes a 51 yard field goal, bouncing off the crossbar, in a playoff road game... but kickers shouldn't make the Hall of Fame?? At this rate, Vinatieri will be the MVP of the game.

Colts 9-3. Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No, Manning isn't Ron Mexico, in that he doesn't get sacked 5 times a game.
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colts have time to get another field goal before the half, and they get the ball first in the second half. They could put this game out of reach by mid-third quarter if they play it right.

Never mind.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Shannon Sharpe literally said 'affaletic' defense, referring to the Ravens.
smiley36.gif

Edited by: White Shogun

GWTJ

Mentor
Ravens "D" looked tired in the 2nd quarter. And a Raven defender stays down after a play with the Colts driving and no follow up. He just looked gassed to me.
As White Shogun said, "WTF".

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow!! What a throw by Peyton and catch by Clark! Clark got popped hard and just leaped to his feet, talking back to the Ravens' D! Way to go Dallas!

So much for the announcers advice to Peyton to stay away from the middle of the field.
smiley36.gif

GW, I noticed that too, but didn't pay attention to the fact they never followed up on it. There have been a couple of times this game when one of the Ravens' defenders was on the turf but walked off on his own power. The one that sticks out the most in my mind was Pryce in the first half. Great way to disrupt the flow of a timing-oriented offense like the Colts.

Why didn't they show Vinatieri's 4th field goal? Did I miss it?

Colts 12-3. Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I noticed they didn't show a close up of Clayton's catch on the sideline. Why not?

Is it just me, or does Gumby get really excited when the Ravens make a play?

I'm going to have to turn down the volume. The man-love being heaped on McNair is getting a bit disgusting. I wonder why they never say anything about how Manning gives his teammates confidence?

Wow, looks like the Ravens are going for it on 4th down. But they've burned their second time out already in the second half. Way to manage the game, Billick McNair.

I wonder how long it will be before McNair is limping around the field, eliciting fawning accolades from the announcers about what a warrior he is. Edited by: White Shogun

GWTJ

Mentor
McNair completes a pass to Clayton and the announcer gushes about what a great pass it was. The next play McNair throws a lousy pass and the announcers say what a leader he is and more BS about him. Pathetic. Really really pathetic.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Kelly Gregg is second in the game with five tackles, to Scott's six. How many times have you heard them mention his name? But every time Ray Lewis is within 10' of the ball, they mention his name.

Updated stats, Lewis and Gregg both have five tackles, with 4 assists to 1 assist. You'd think they'd mention Gregg once in awhile...

Billick challenges what clearly looks like a catch and fumble by Harrison. Hopefully, they will lose the challenge, and another time out.

Call on the field upheld.

Whew! Manning just missed throwing another INT.

McNair sacked! He barely got out of the endzone.

Ravens out of danger and moving. What a catch by Todd Heap. I wish the guy could find another team to play for. I don't want him to have a great game right now.
smiley5.gif

Huh.. I'm talking smack about Billick and McNair managing the clock, I should have paid more attention - both the Colts and Ravens have only one time out left.

Fifteen minutes to go! Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
Lewis managed to get his fingers on a couple pass attempts, which kept his team from intercepting the ball .. poetic justice. Other than that, he's a non-factor.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
That was a weird play.. the Colts hurry to the line and throw the bomb for an INT, but everybody but Harrison and the defensive backs appeared to be standing around. I thought the whistle had blown. wtf? I fully expected the play to come back with a penalty for a false start on the Colts.

This isn't looking good. More man love for McNair because he rolls out of the pocket.. strong arm.. perfect mechanics.. blech.
smiley11.gif

A TD for the Ravens would put them ahead and likely give them the win.

YES!! Nick Harper bags the INT for the Colts! YES!!

I wonder if we're going to hear about how many interceptions McNair has thrown? They've been harping on Manning and his INT's all day.. let's hear something about McNair.

Ouch, big sack on Manning! They lost a ton of yards.

WTF!! Why wasn't that intentional grounding on McNair?? Oh, how great is McNair's arm strength blah blah blah to get the ball away... blah blah blah making me friggin sick stop with the man love already. Geez!
smiley11.gif

Wow, the Colts O-line is blowing the Ravens D off the line. I can't believe what I hear, the announcers are criticizing the Ravens D for poor tackling, going for the ball instead of the runner.

Colts are out of timeouts.

DOUBLE WOW!! WHAT A CATCH BY DALLAS CLARK! TALK ABOUT THREADING THE NEEDLE!

And the vaunted Ravens D has twelve men on the field! LOL No wonder they're so good! They play with an extra man on the field!

Hey! It gets even better, they just mentioned Kelly Gregg for making a tackle on Dominic Rhodes!
smiley32.gif

Vinatieri ices the kick. What else is new?

Twenty seconds left, no time outs, down 9 points.

GAME OVER.

COLTS WIN! COLTS WIN!

LMAO!! McNair goes back to pass and a Colt knocks the ball out of his hands! The game ends on a McNair fumble! HAHAHA!!

What is with this sh*t.. Dierdorf says, "Of all the teams they could lose to... they lose to the Colts." wtf? Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Shogun, I think Dorf's comments were alluding to the Colts moving to Indy from Baltimore.

Rob Morris ended up with 10 tackles.
Kelly Gregg had 9 tackles and half a sack.
Josh Thomas had a tackle and a sack.
Dallas Clark had 2 catches for 41 yards.
Ben Utecht had an 11 yard grab.
Todd Heap had 3 catches for 28 yards.

yeah i heard that also.dan dierdorf had to get that cheap shot low blow in and then comparing MANNING to vick.what a joke these bigot announcers are.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dinkdork is one of the worst, a true Caste-garden tool if there ever was one.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow... Esiason said McNair played horrible today. And Shannon Sharpe is throwing some love on Manning. Guess everybody loves you when you're a winner.

But what else can they say? They were all down on the Colts before the game, and gave them no shot at winning the game. They interviewed only Ravens' players for the opening montage, that's how much they thought the Ravens were a lock.

Defense wins championships.. and I agree, at least in this game. The Colts' D outplayed the Ravens D when it came down to it. Edited by: White Shogun

Is it just me, or does Gumby get really excited when the Ravens make a
play?

I wonder how long it will be before McNair is limping around the field,
eliciting fawning accolades from the announcers about what a warrior he
is.

WS - I had the exact same thoughts during the game. I am thrilled that
for the rest of the playoffs I won't have to hear about the second most
famous double murderer ever to grace the NFL Gridiron.

Peyton is different in playoff games, as others have mentioned. I would
like to see him get the monkey off his back, but I don't know...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I wonder if McNair will step up and say something about throwing INT's at crucial moments in the game, particularly from inside the Colts' five yard line. I wonder how much of the responsibility he will shoulder for the Ravens' inept offensive performance.

You'd think that if you hold the Colts to 15 points, your team is going to win the game..

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Wow... Esiason said McNair played horrible today.

I heard! Boomer has made some statements in the past that cause me to think he is one of the least Caste friendly parrots Sharpe looked like he was totally stunned. H ha.I almost don't care what happens tomorrow, this game was a biggie. Billick was moaning about the turnovers post game. Dallas had only 2 catches, but they were awesome.Edited by: Bart

dirk41

Oh that was nice.The only black qb that I actually fear in the postseason looks like a stumble bum today.
smiley36.gif

Who would have thought it Peyton 1 td and 5 ints but the colts are in the AFC championship game.