Caste System Setback

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Caste System promoters in the NFL and the media clearly believe the NFL should be overwhelmingly black at the few positions where it isn't already (except for kickers). The Caste System's Holy Grail is the quarterback position, where a media campaign has been ongoing forthe pastdecade to prepare everyone for the "inevitable."

But despite roughly half of Division I-A programs now starting black QBs (many of them terrible) in furtherance of the "inevitable" racial changeover, in the NFL the position remains stubbornly white dominated. For irrefutable evidence, check out this season's playoff teams:

AFC:

San Diego (Philip Rivers)

Indianapolis (Peyton Manning)

New England (Tom Brady)

Baltimore (Steve McNair)

New York Jets (Chad Pennington)

Kansas City (Trent Green)

NFC:

Chicago (Rex Grossman)

New Orleans (Drew Brees)

Seattle (Matt Hasselbeck)

Philly (Jeff Garcia)

New York Giants (Eli Manning)

Dallas Cowboys (Tony Romo)

Wow, 11 out of 12 teams have white QBs, or over 90% at what is far and away the most important position.

While Caste System proponents keep wondering why quarterback is so white dominated; the real question is -- with whites so clearly better at the most important position in football despite every opportunity given to blacks to dominate,why aren't whites also dominant at every other position?

PitBull

Guru
Good point Don. Did you see that Vince Young had a poor game today?
Fifteen of 36 (42%), 227 yds, no TD's, 2 interceptions. Yesterday I heard
some talking heads say that he is the Rookie of the Year! He's only started a
little more than half the games and has a QB rating below 70 for a mediocre
team! The six game winning streak was described by one press report I saw
as "magical"! Six games!

Phillip Rivers is ROY in my opinion.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Vince Young had a poor game -- just 15 of 36 for 227 yards, 0 TD passes and 2 interceptions.

Yet get this -- 8 NFL teams started black QBs this week and Young had more yards than any of them. Eleven white QBs had more yards today than Young, the best of the black QBs:

Kurt Warner - 356 yards

Tony Romo - 321 yards

A. J. Feeley - 321 yards

Jon Kitna - 306 yards

Ben Roethlisberger - 280 yards

Peyton Manning - 280 yards

Carson Palmer - 251 yards

Mark Bulger - 248 yards

J. P. Losman - 237 yards

Philip Rivers - 231 yards

Jay Cutler - 230 yards (missed part of game with concussion-like symptoms)

But oh, I forgot, the black quarterbacks are all "athletic"
smiley8.gif

PitBull

Guru
Vince Young also got sacked 5 times today! So much for that legendary
mobility!

The Jaguars played 2 black QB's in their game. I don't know what the
total yards were. Black sub ran it in himself 2 times for TD's. What are
running backs for?

Mr. Mexico got hurt today on a sack. Another injury due to the desire to
hog the ball, in my opinion. I'm just waiting for Vince Young to get a
knee injury from running into linebackers. Compare Vince Young's sack
totals to Peyton Manning's, and note that Vince has played 5 or 6 fewer
games. You see, the BALL needs to be mobile. Not the quarterback. The
quarterback only needs to be mobile when he hogs the ball. Apparently,
sensitive ankle-grabbing NFL coaches can't see this.

Happy New Year to all at Caste Football!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I also wish a Happy New Year to all who contribute to Caste Football. Let's kick ass in 2007!

beerchug.gif

No player can cause a pro football head coach to lose his job faster than can his QB. A coach who makes the wrong decision at that position will fail. I think that deep down, most head coaches know that they are more likely to win and keep their jobs with a pocket passing white QB. Eleven of twelve starters in the playoffs and still most starters overall despite vast encouragement in the other direction is quietly revealing.

Freedom

Mentor
Anyone see how the announcers praised his grenade ball that was nearly caught by the good white TE?

Young actually played better than those statistics indicate for most of the game, I thought, but he was hardly this super talent. He got easily confused when the O-line struggled to pick up blitzes.

referendum

Mentor
As I've mentioned before, QB position is stat heavy, and the position is both very important, and more in the spotlight, so the idea that the coaches will "play the best players" has at least some validity to it, in this case. Also, interesting that the one black QB in the playoffs, Mcnair, is more like a white QB, I believe than the typical black running back with pass option, masquerading as a QB. Also, I'm glad that Mcnair uses Heap alot, about as much as Boller did.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, that figures seeing how Heap is by far their best receiver
smiley2.gif

GWTJ

Mentor
On Sportscenter this morning Sean Salisbury is sizing up the playoff picture in the AFC and the one QB he gives praise to for playing so well is -------- Steve McNair. I haven't heard him size up the NFC yet but there are no black QB's to praise anyway.

I'm still waiting to see a highlight on Sportscenter of a black QB passing for a TD instead of rushing for one.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
McNair has had a decent year, but he isn't carrying that team, the defense is. I wonder how great McNair would be if he had to play with the Colt's defense?

The problem is, I don't see very many teams in the AFC that can beat the Ravens with that D. San Diego and New England I'd give the best shot. I certainly hope that the Ravens do NOT make the Super Bowl and that they do NOT win if they make it. No matter how poorly black quarterbacks have fared this year in the NFL, if the Ravens win the title you can guarantee that McNair will be the MVP, and there will be even more emphasis to replace whites with black quarterbacks than there already is now.

Edited by: White Shogun

bigunreal

Mentor
It is truly disgusting to listen to the verbal orgasms EVERY white announcer unleashes when any black QB completes a pass or runs for any positive gain. Yesterday, flipping around the Sunday Ticket stations, I couldn't believe how they were fawning over Jacksonville's new black QB (their 3rd one this season). I think it was Dick Enberg who kept shouting "oh, my!" at things that white QBs do several times each game, even when they are "struggling" and definitely not as "poised" as every black QB is. They also just cannot bring themselves to acknowledge that any black QB ever makes a mistake. Simple things like overthrowing a receiver, or just making a bad pass, is translated into something positive when a black QB is involved. Chris Collingsworth was especially bad yesterday (I think he was doing the Titan game). When Young overthrows somebody, all the announcers can do is rave about his arm strength, or come up with the same old rhetoric about how "that will come with experience," etc. White announcers especially love to gush over the mighty arm strength black QBs possess. Their new thing is to exclaim how the black QB in question has just thrown some incredible pass "with just a flick of his wrist." This description is usually in regards to an overthrown or otherwise errant pass. I've never heard a white QB given credit for such wrist strength, except when John Madden goes giddy over Brett Favre's "velocity." Anyhow, watching all these games is really illuminating- the bias is so obvious.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
They ooh and aah every time a black quarterback runs, no matter how modest the gain. When a white quarterback runs, it's usually cause for a joke or an unfavorable comparison to Michael Vick.

When a black quarterback throws an accurate pass they don't dare snicker or make an unfavorable comparison to an accurate white quarterback, or say something like, "He'll never be known for his accuracy but that was a nifty pass there." They don't want to be fired, yet barely concealed anti-white comments are all but mandatory.

Same thing with all positions. I saw USC's fullback catch a pass and make a nice play in the Rose Bowl, which Kirk Herbstreit
smiley8.gif
immediately demeaned by talking about how the fullback was a backup who was a walk-on but who gives "great effort." Black football players are effortless great athletes; white football players are non-athletes who try hard.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
While Caste System proponents keep wondering why quarterback is so white dominated; the real question is -- with whites so clearly better at the most important position in football despite every opportunity given to blacks to dominate, why aren't whites also dominant at every other position? 

Don, you hit the nail on the head right there.

whiteCB

Master
While Caste System proponents keep wondering why quarterback is so white dominated; the real question is -- with whites so clearly better at the most important position in football despite every opportunity given to blacks to dominate, why aren't whites also dominant at every other position? [/QUOTE]

Because they think of it as if blacks can dominate every position but kicker/punter then they should obviously be superior at QB too.

I was watching the last Minnesota Vikings game recently and was amazed at the worship Tarvarius (sp?) Jackson recieved. They blamed everything imaginable for his lack of success. I'm surprised they didn't say something like " he hasn't become completely acclimated to his shoes, this is restricting his mobility."

SVcabron

PitBull said:
Good point Don. Did you see that Vince Young had a poor game today?
Fifteen of 36 (42%), 227 yds, no TD's, 2 interceptions. Yesterday I heard
some talking heads say that he is the Rookie of the Year! He's only started a
little more than half the games and has a QB rating below 70 for a mediocre
team! The six game winning streak was described by one press report I saw
as "magical"! Six games!

Phillip Rivers is ROY in my opinion.
Rivers is a three year vet. This is his first year playing though.

PitBull

Guru
Yep. I noticed my error later. Sorry about that!

There really aren't too many starting white rookie QB's. Leinart had a
good year, in my opinion, on a horrible team. He palyed in 12 games but
had 2550 yds passing and a higher QB rating than Young, but fewer TD's
(especially when rushing TD's were thrown into the mix). But I thought he
played great in the only game I followed that he played in--the Cards vs.
the Bears (I live in Chicago). He wasn't even listed in the top-vote getters,
though. I'm sure part of that is because of the losing team he was on
(Good riddance, Dennis Green!).

Cutler had a good, but limited run. But since there are no white RB's and
few WR's, rookie's or otherwise, unless a white QB is having a good year,
there's not much to get excited about.

I'll check my info better next time. Thanks for the correction SVcabron.

Kaptain

Master
Sark6354201 said:
I was watching the last Minnesota Vikings game recently and was amazed at the worship Tarvarius (sp?) Jackson recieved. They blamed everything imaginable for his lack of success. I'm surprised they didn't say something like " he hasn't become completely acclimated to his shoes, this is restricting his mobility."

I noticed the undue praise for Tarvaris too. Not unusual for a black QB. Interestingly he played for Arkansas but was beat out of the postion by Matt Jones and had to go to D1-AA. Of course, Matt Jones was considered to be not of NFL caliber, but the much slower and scatter-shot armed Tarvarius was the 5th QB selected in the draft. I keep hearing about his athletism and, of course, he cannon arm, but this guy is way over-rated as a runner - he looks slow to me. He first start was the worst offensive performance in Vikings francise history! His second wasn't much better.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The Caste System's Holy Grail is the quarterback position, where a media campaign has been ongoing forthe pastdecade to prepare everyone for the "inevitable."

It's getting more and more comical. Jason Cole's article at Yahoo is a good example of media silliness. He notes the success Philadelphia is having and gives a little bit of praise to Jeff Garcia, but he brings McNabb into the picture and it gets comical.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjeaHhfacybUAI3JsHAwKm s5nYcB?slug=jc-eagles010507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns [/url]

Dressed in suits is when you really get a sense of the essential difference betweenPhiladelphia Eagles quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia.

McNabb fills an outfit like it's a zoot suit, his physique cutting the fabric in the sharp angles and oversized shoulders that usually come by design. Garcia, with his skinny and slightly slop-shoulder build, looks like some teenager in his first formal wear. There's a lesson in that comparison. For as talented, skilled and successful as McNabb has been in his career, sometimes less is more.

Triad

Mentor
Bart said:
He notes the success Philadelphia is having and gives a little bit of praise to Jeff Garcia, but he brings McNabb into the picture and it gets comical

Funny how now the Eagles' offensive line is now given credit for being so dominant. I've heard two different ESPN pieces on how their great defense and O-line is contributing to their success. No mention of this dominant line while McNabb stood in the pocket for 5 and 6 seconds going through his reads. For the first time since pre-Cunningham I'll be cheering for the Eagles in the playoffs.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
People are already forgetting that the Eagles were 5-5 under McNabb. They started out 4-1, but only won 1 out of the next four games before Garcia took over. So it isn't like the Eagles were a lock to win the division or even make the playoffs with McNabb quarterbacking the team, either.

Check out a portion of Kevin Hench's column on Fox Sports:

1. Are the Eagles better with Jeff Garcia?

As blasphemous as it might sound, Philly has been a significantly better team with Garcia under center than with Donovan McNabb. Garcia went 5-1 (.833) against teams that finished with a combined 49-47 (.510) record. McNabb went 5-5 against teams that finished with a combined 73-87 (.456) record.

No two plays better exemplify the efficacy of the two quarterbacks than Garcia's sideline out with one second left in the first half to set up a field goal against Dallas and McNabb's ill-timed checkdown to L.J. Smith as the clock ran out in the first half against Tampa Bay. Garcia's brilliant clock management answered a Dallas TD while McNabb's failure to get three points proved costly when Matt Bryant bombed in a 62-yarder at the gun to beat the Eagles, 23-21.

Garcia's QB rating (95.8) was slightly better than McNabb's (95.5), but more importantly, Garcia took only one sack per 31.3 passes while McNabb went down once every 15 passes.

Garcia led the Eagles to wins with a better quarterback rating, fewer sacks, and better game management, over better teams than McNabb. And not to point out the obvious, but clock management is a skill that requires brains, not athleticism. If you recall, that was one of the criticisms of McNabb in the Eagles' last Super Bowl appearance: horrendous 4th quarter play under pressure. It seems to me that Garcia is an all around better quarterback than McNabb.

One wonders what kind of stats McNabb would have accumulated had he played two years in Cleveland and Detroit? Edited by: White Shogun

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Here's another attempt to downplay Garcia:

Philly thrives by cutting back on 'air' traffic

RB Brian Westbrook has a bigger role. (Getty)The Eagles are having more success on offense now that they're throwing less following a QB change.

yahoo story

Almost seems as if the media is desirous of a black quarterback being succesful.
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Almost seems as if the media is desirous of a black quarterback being succesful.

No way! They wouldn't be that biased! Everybody knows they just play the best players!

smiley36.gif