Caste System Setback

Jaxvid. be careful , Rush Limbaugh got into all sorts of trouble for saying the media wanted a great black Quaterback at any cost. Oh, yeah and he was talking about Donovon McNabb.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Tired old White

Kaptain

Master
In his pregame show, Tom Jackson and all of his collegues spewed the very same excuse for Garcia's success - running the ball more. He said it like an angry black man as if the Eagles were purposely calling too many passing plays so that McNabb would fail. One of his cohorts spewed the shocking stat that on first down with Garcia they ran the ball 9% more. That's right, a whole 9% more! Now take into the fact that Garcia was 5-1 and often had the Eagles comfortably ahead, how could the Eagles not run the ball more with Garcia? These guys just won't quit. They treat McNabb as if he were Peyton Mannings equal. Garcia is better QB than McNabb it's obvious. McNabb has had a couple of pretty good seasons, but has also had some real terrible seasons.Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Everything is cited except two stats: Garcia and McNabb have the same passer rating, and Garcia has a better TD to INT ratio...

Warnipple

This has probably been covered elsewhere on this site, but Garcia is of Spanish (i.e., white) descent, right?

His paternal grandparents are from Mexico; his mother is of irish descent. He does support the Hispanic scholarship fund, for whatever that's worth.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Didn't someone post something about one of his grandparents being from Spain? Placido Domingo is often described as the great - Mexican - tenor, but he was born in Spain, his family moved to Mexico when he was eight.

Photo of Jeff and his father, Bob.

garcia-poster.jpg
Edited by: Bart

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't care if Garcia is Hispanic, white, or Martian. He is whiter than Donovan McNabb and is outplaying the superstar black quarterback. I hope the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl, and lose to the Colts and Super Bowl MVP Peyton Manning.

I hope Garcia lights it up all the way through the playoffs. I'd like nothing more than for him to beat McNabb in every relevant quarterback statistic all the way through the Super Bowl. Watching the caste whore announcers and media talking their way out of the obvious will be funny as hell. Sad, but funny.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
How about this remarkable stat I just found at NFL.com -- the top 22 wide receivers in catches during the '06 season all had white quarterbacks throwing the ball to them!! Of the top 40 in receptions the only 2 who caught balls from a black starting QB were both on Baltimore. Two others were on teams that started both a white and a black QB during the season (Oakland and Washington). A very telling statistic that illustrates thegigantic advantage white quarterbacks have over black ones in passing ability.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/WR-RECEIVING/2006/re gular[/url]

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Speaking of caste system setbacks...

I heard on ESPN radio that the Falcons have offered Patino a five year deal, and that insiders say Arthur Blank is willing to move Vick if Patino feels he can't win with Vick behind center.

The funny thing is, if they bench him or move him to wide receiver all sorts of cries of racism will spew from everywhere. But it does seem like Vick's free ride might be coming to an end.

Not only that, but they were already talking about a potential quarterback controversy in Philadelphia next year. The show was filled with lots of what if's this and thats, but that they even raised the question is quite telling.

Maybe they feel it's okay to talk about Vick and McNabb in less than heroic terms now that they have Vince Young to talk about as the prototype for the next generation of black quarterbacks...

white is right

Hall of Famer
There is no way that Vick would ever play wide out or running back or be a slash. His huge ego couldn't put up with the "demotion".
smiley11.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
A snip from a JasonCole article in which he tries to -minimize- the significance of QB passer ratings.Why would Colebelittle the rating? From a Q+A segment:

Quarterback ratings a re meaningless

Matt English weighed in on the previous subject, but made a final point of saying that passer rating is the best form of measuring the efficiency of a quarterback. By that measure, Vick was clearly substandard and Vince Young wasn't all that good.

Sorry Matt, and all others who look at passer rating as something of significance, but it's about as important as using ERA to measure the talent of a pitcher, or batting average to measure the talent of a hitter. It only measures one aspect (throwing) and doesn't account for numerous factors, such as sacks and rushing yardage for a quarterback.

Beyond that, passer rating and passing, in general, is usually influenced strongly by the talent around a quarterback.

Edited by: Bart

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
They always find a way to excuse poor performance by a black quarterback.

When the Falcons were 6-1, and Vick's stats were still marginal, it was "All he does is win games." When the Falcons are 7-9, it's because "Vick has no one to catch the ball."

Both the Titans and the Falcons had a lot of help when they were on their winning streaks. For the Falcons, it was D. For the Titans, it was special teams. How often can you count on your special teams getting three TD's in one game? And yet, Young still gets the credit for the win, having 'led the Titans to five wins.' The fact this guy won rookie of the year is a damn joke.

And last time I checked, both ERA and batting average ARE used to help determine how good a particular pitcher or hitter stacks up against his peers. I have heard numerous sports writers and analysts say the quarterback rating is one of the most accurate and purest statistics in professional sports. The only way I personally could see it improved is by calculating dropped passes and tipped INTs into the equation.