Caste Matchups Week Nine

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to get the thread started tonight because Pitt. WR Mike Shanahan is having a pretty good game so far against UConn. He has 3 rec. for 62 yards and 2 TDs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Shanahan ended up with 4 catches for 76 yards and the aforementioned 2 TDs. Tino Sunseri also had 12 runs for 40 yards and a TD on the ground in addition to 419 yards through the air.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
From the article posted above:

Jayson Carter joined the Rice football team as a walk-on last week, and already he's the biggest thing on the field — mostly because he's the smallest thing. Carter, a running back, is 4-foot-9, 130 pounds

Maybe he can get those two carries that they normally give to that white fella, McGuffie.
rice_walkon_packs_big_heart_into_college_footballs_smallest_frame.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
From the article posted above:

Maybe he can get those two carries that they normally give to that white fella, McGuffie.
rice_walkon_packs_big_heart_into_college_footballs_smallest_frame.jpg

The caste system is already beyond ridiculous, but this takes it to a whole different level! What a joke! I'm sure if another back has to sacrifice carries to this shrimp, it will be Sam. :thumbdown:

dwid

Hall of Famer
Never heard of a normal man being 4'9. I guess they let anybody suit up these days. I have had multiple back injuries, the doctor says if a defender spears me in the wrong spot I could become paralyzed, can I walk onto the team too, would they try to find a place to put me? i mean it shows courage, I learned that jumping while catching a ball across the middle lessens the impact so I shouldn't have to worry about injuries. Maybe if i paint my skin

In other news, Turner Peterson is leading Rice in rushing going into the half with 88 yards on 14 carries right now, for the rest of the season he has 240 yards on 50 carries with 4 tds, 5 catches 100 yards. He is 6'2 220 pounds, a quarterback in high school. His bio says he ran a 50.18 in the 100 meter and came in 2nd for state, not sure if that should be a 10.18 or 11.18, anyone familiar with track? what are top times usually for high school meets? It seems like 10.18 would be too fast to come in 2nd and 11.18 too slow to come in 2nd.

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
dwid, I would agree that the number should be one of those two, probably 11.18, but I'm not sure. 10.18 is world class speed and like you said it should get 1st place in a high school event. Even though Virginia isn't majority White (10 out of 22), it is nice to see them beating Miami. So far no carries for Sam McGuffie.

Highlander

Mentor
At this pace, the Houston/Rice game may break the all-time scoring record, whatever that is.

Case Keenum with 8 TD passes so far, late in the 3rd QTR.

referendum

Mentor
Lots of matchups this week

Pitt 11 Conn 8 winner
VA 10 Miami 4 winner
Rice 14 Hou 4 loser
BYU 14 TCU 10 tonite
Kentucky 8 Miss St 2
Ball St 14 W Mich 8
Wake For 11 NC 4
Ga Tech 7 Clem 4
Iowa 11 Minn 8
Northwestern 15 Indiana 11
Duke 10 Va Tech 7
WV 7 Rutgers 4
Syr 9 Louisville 4
BC 13 Maryland 8
Auburn 6 Miss 3
Vandy 10 Ark 5
AF 15 NM7
SMU 10 Tulsa 7
Col 12 Ariz St 8
Tulane 10 E Carolina 7
Col St 12 UNLV 5
Ariz 10 Wash 6
Wash St 13 Oregon 9
Kansas St 8 Okla 5
Wisc 14 Ohio St 11
Stanford 14 USC 6
Nevada 11 NM St 4
Wyoming 15 SD St 12

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Pittsburgh RB

Ray Graham, the Big East's rushing leader, is out for the season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Anybody know why McGuffie didn't play? Can't find anything about it.

I saw a news link saying he was out last night because of an ankle sprain.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We have a great game on tonight. Byu vs Tulsa. It should be a close game but with alot of offense. I'm hoping Byu can pull this one out as it is one of their last tough tests before a bowl game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We have a great game on tonight. Byu vs Tulsa. It should be a close game but with alot of offense. I'm hoping Byu can pull this one out as it is one of their last tough tests before a bowl game.

You mean BYU vs Texas Christian. I hope BYU wins but it will be tough. They are playing in Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

seattlefan

Guru
BYU lost to TCU, 28-38. What killed them was all the mistakes, I think they screwed up 2 punts and a field goal. Were down 14 points in the first couple of minutes due to big errors. BYU QB made a number of bad decisions as well. Aside from that BYU played well. I wouldn't even really call TCU a caste team. I counted 5 whites on O line, white qb, 3 whites on D-line and 1 white LB.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
BYU lost to TCU, 28-38. What killed them was all the mistakes, I think they screwed up 2 punts and a field goal. Were down 14 points in the first couple of minutes due to big errors. BYU QB made a number of bad decisions as well. Aside from that BYU played well. I wouldn't even really call TCU a caste team. I counted 5 whites on O line, white qb, 3 whites on D-line and 1 white LB.

It looks like black starter - Braylon Broughton - has been injured: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/237223/braylon-broughton

and Ray Burns (black) may have been demoted: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481317/ray-burns

So here's Ross Forrest at DE: http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/forrest_ross00.html---http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/385425/ross-forrest

And, David Johnson at DT: http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/johnson_david00.html---http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/502980/david-johnson

And, usual White starter - Yendrey - is having a good season: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481304/dj-yendrey

Riddlewire

Master
Urban Meyer:
"Rex Burkhead is Nebraska's workhorse back. He's a downhill, physical runner."

This is what's known as "Damning with Caste Praise". It's the same tactic they use to denigrate Zach Line (and any white RB who leads a team in rushing).

TwentyTwo

Master
Drake Dunsamore big 1st half 6-105-3TD's...Persa 230 yards passing...37 yards rushing..Schmidt 51 yards 9 carries

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'd love to know why in the hell it took so long for Jordan Rodgers (Aaron's little bro) to get the starting QB job for Vanderbilt. They actually look like a competant team with Rodgers running the show. Larry Smith(black) was the one of the worst starting QBs in FBS football. Jordan has the Commordores on top of the Razorbacks 21-14 at halftime right now.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's all Burkhead for Nebraska, another TD!!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Burkhead just got injured for Nebraska. He wasn't down very long though, so hopefully it's not serious.

Highlander

Mentor
Burkhead with a 27-yard TD reception. He also has 111 yards on 30 carries against a hard-nose MSU defense.

Also, the announcers said that, outside of Nebraska, only Texas A&M and Stanford were interested in him. If I'm not mistaken, he was a four star recruit playing in the biggest division in Texas high school football.