caste matchups for week eight

Highlander

Mentor
Yeah, I saw his chimpanzee-like grin, too...as well as shucking and jiving with other affeletic teammates about his hit on Whitey. With his physical talent and Compton out several weeks, his low-IQ ass still couldn't figure out the defense or make the necessary calls. He's destined to be nothing more than a BSTD.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Highlander said:
Yeah, I saw his chimpanzee-like grin, too...as well as shucking and jiving with other affeletic teammates about his hit on Whitey.  With his physical talent and Compton out several weeks, his low-IQ ass still couldn't figure out the defense or make the necessary calls. He's destined to be nothing more than a BSTD.

I agree, Highlander. I hope that's all he is, but the DWFs love him for some reason. Maybe it's his 4,000 megawatt smile.

On the same note, I've hated Nebraska's recruiting the past year. Besides Starling, 4 white O-Linemen, and a mestizo/white looking safety, Nebraska has offered nothing but affletes. Sadly, idiot thugs like Martin will keep coming to Lincoln. Hide your children. I do think Nebraska's walk-on program will keep the roster over half-white, and around 8-11 white starters, though.Edited by: Jack Lambert

northwinds

Mentor
One of the announcers in the Nebraska game gave Rex Burkhead bid props after he ran for a first down. He essentially said he didn't know why Nebraska hadn't used him more in the first quarter. I am still so pissed at Brandon Wegner for blowing his opportunity to be on the big stage today at Iowa. If we had Burkhead and Wegner tearing it up in the Big 12 it would have really turned some heads....oh well, first McGuffie transfers to friggin' Rice then Wegner knocks up his girlfriend........

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Damn!! Rice is getting crushed 20-0 and McGuffie has nowhere to go.

Sam is the Rice offense and now has a receiving TD. He might be able to get a 100 yard rushing game if he can break a long one in the 4th. We'll see.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, Sam didn't get 100 yards and Rex had 10 runs for 41 yards in mop up duty. I hate to see Auburn win, especially with the Newtonian hype surrounding their black quarterback, but I can't stand LSwho either. BYU managed to squeak by Wyoming, with J.J. DiLuigi splitting carries with Bryan Kariya.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Riddlewire

Master
Zach Line finished the game with 106 on 19 carries. Unfortunately, turnovers really hurt SMU in the loss.

snow

Mentor
did anyone see the fake punt that Nebraska ran? they didn't specifically call a fake punt, it was kind of like the zone read where qb reads the end on whether to keep it or hand it off. Their punter always does rugby style punts, this time he read the end as to what he was doing, the end wasn't coming after him so he took it and ran for 27 yards. I think more teams should do something like this at least once a game, a lot of punters are more athletic than they get credit for

Taylor Martinez showed that his passing skills today with 323 passing yards and 5 tds. He has to work on his mechanics but he is still young. Also ran for 112 yards on 19 carries, a few sacks and short yardage conversion brought his ypc down though. I think he is having trouble on making his reads in the option which is why they didn't run it as much today. Its all fixable, his production is amazing especially considering how inexperienced he is.