caste matchups for week eight

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I thought I'd get the thread started now; referendum can post the matchups when he has time.

A couple things from the Cincinnati game tonight.

John Goebel's been in on a few plays so far for the Bearcats, but has gotten the ball as much as you or I, mostly blocking, or watching Pead get the ball.

Cincinnati is waaaay blacker than we thought. Only two white starters on the O-Line, Collaros and Guidugli, along with only four overachievers on defense. A whopping total of eight.
smiley18.gif

South Florida somehow has a white WR starting for them in Evan Landi, who might be on punt returns as well. He just got a 31 yard TD pass.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Landi is a talented player, a former quarterback with terrific size and athleticism whose only problem in putting up HUGE numbers is the "real" afflete who now takes snaps ... and the aforementioned black quarterback's scattershot arm.

referendum

Mentor
Ok, once again a boatload or matchups.
Pitts 11 Rutgers 8
Ind 9 Ill 4
Navy 13 Notre Dame 9
Duke 10 Va Tech 7
North Carolina 5 Miami 2
BC 14 Maryland 10
E. Carolina 10 Marshall 4
Buffalo 9 Temple 5
Missouri 11 Oklahoma 7
Miss St 5 UAB 2
Nebraska 13 Okla St 7
E Mich 13 Virginia 8
Ark 6 Miss 3
BYU 17 Wyoming 13
Vandy 10 South Carolina 4
Rice 12 Cent Fl 7
Iowa St 11 Texas 8
Northwestern 14 Mich St 10
Kan St 9 Baylor 3
SMU 10 Houston 4
Tulane 11 UTEP 4
Ball St 12 Toledo 7
Colorado 13 Texas Tech 9
Fresno St 12 San Jose St 6
Air Force 14 TCU 11

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Rice will win today, on the legs of Sam McGuffie. I'd like to see BYU beat Wyoming in what will probably be their last meeting for a while. Go Northwestern and Navy too!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Northwestern vs. Michigan State is a good game to watch. TD Dan Persa! This guy can do it all for the Wildcats.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Navy's "FB" Alex Teich just taught Notre Dame's defense a lesson last drive. A 53 yard run and a screen pass rec. for a TD.

snow

Mentor
notice how all the fullbacks are simply called fullbacks in the triple option that navy, air force etc runs, butnow thatPaul Johnson is at Georgia Tech running the same thing and hasaffletes like Dwyer playing the position they call them B-backs. Andnever did a draft site call Dwyer a fullback, they would only say "hasn't lined up in the traditional tailback spot", yet Toby Gerhart was a tweener, when Dwyer was just as big and slower....... Edited by: snow

snow

Mentor
Dan Persa is tearing it up for Northwestern, he looks very agile out there, and he is hard to take down, and on top of that he can throw very well unlike most running qbs, very few interceptions, and as we speak Pryor threw a interception into double coverage

edit: Purdue didn't return it for a td like I thoughtEdited by: snow

Highlander

Mentor
Iowa St using a no-huddle offense is up 14-3 on Texas...at Texas. Amazingly, Texas now has a White starter at LB, giving them a whopping two White starters on defense.

Highlander

Mentor
snow said:
Dan Persa is tearing it up for Northwestern, he looks very agile out there, and he is hard to take down, and on top of that he can throw very well unlike most running qbs, very few interceptions, and as we speak Pryor threw a interception into double coverage, I think it was returned for a td.
Yeah, but Pryor is a Heisman-worthy candidate.
smiley2.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Haha, the Cyclones just recover an onsides kick.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Iowa State is beating Texas in Austin 14-3, right now. The Cyclones just recovered an onside kick! Now they just tried a flea flicker. They're doing everything right now.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The Cyclones also have a white RB who gets carries in freshman Jeff Woody, a local Iowa guy.

snow

Mentor
Highlander said:
Yeah, but Pryor is a Heisman-worthy candidate.
smiley2.gif

hah yeah thats ridiculous that the media rates him that highly. They just showed highlights of OSU and said "they are putting a Terrelle Pryor size whooping on them" and then show highlights of other players making plays, none of Pryor. He has made a few todaybut nothing heisman worthy :). he is surrounded by talent. Sanzenbacher is having a good day, getting yac, 4 catches for 86 yards.

Does anyone know where Dan Dierking is? I am looking at the box score wondering why Purdue can't move the ball, and see therebarely any rushing yards, 22 yards on 10 carriesand Dan Dierking hasn't gotten a single carry. I mean I know its late now to run the ball but he could have taken time off the clock and probably scored a touchdown or two and made things easier on Henry.Edited by: snow

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Dan Persa with his third rushing TD of the game so far! This guy is a beast.

Affelete David Sims for Iowa State has had multiple INT oppurtunities, and promptly dropped them.

TwentyTwo

Master
Dual-threat Dan Persa is one of my favorite QB's in all the land..bet West Virginia wished they had him today as they struggle with Syracuse.....Tailback Trumpy looks fast too!

6-7" D-Lineman Brandon Bair-Oregon is going to challenge for 1st Team A-A! Did yall see his play Thurs nite making the tackle 25 yards down the field after a dump pass to the RB?? The NFL should like having a 26-27 year old rookie wreckin' havoc!Edited by: TwentyTwo

Highlander

Mentor
Too bad Northwestern lost their game, although Michigan State is pretty White-friendly, too. But great to see the "Coal-Miners" of West Virginia go down to Syracuse and Iowa St beat Texas.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Wow, afflete Eric Martin just cheapshotted a white player for the Cowboys. Even the announcers are saying that hit was a dirty cheap shot.

Highlander

Mentor
Jack Lambert said:
Wow, afflete Eric Martin just cheapshotted a white player for the Cowboys. Even the announcers are saying that hit was a dirty cheap shot.
Yeah, and then he did a "Hulk" pose to celebrate his hit, while the play was still going on. Probably pissed that Compton is now starting back at LB in place of him, so he had to take his frustration out on another Whitey.
Edited by: Highlander

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
They just showed that piece of crap Martin laughing on the sideline with another afflete. "I showed that white boy what's up yo!"

I think Martin celebrates on every play he makes. Just made a tackle on the next kickoff, and he dances off the field.

Well, I looked at a Nebraska board, and they were in shock that the announcers were bad talking Martin. They were telling O.K. States' player to "keep his head on a swivel," and to "tell him to put a freaking dress on him."

I'll bet if it was a Nebraska player getting cheapshotted like that, they'd be in rage.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Highlander said:
Jack Lambert said:
Yeah, and then he did a "Hulk" pose to celebrate his hit, while the play was still going on.  Probably pissed that Compton is now starting back at LB in place of him, so he had to take his frustration out on another Whitey.

Yeah, I think Martin was listed as starter, but he must've sucked early on in the year, becuase they put the safety Gomes at LB before Compton got back. I'm guessing Martin delivers a big it once or twice every game, but can't tackle to save his life.