CARL FROCH VSJEAN PASCAL: TIME HAS COME

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Since Taylor beat Jeff Lacy I think Froch will have to defend against Taylor. This could be a difficult fight for Froch but I expect him to pull through.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Sad day for Canadians. "Our" fighter (Pascal) lost. Oh, what will we do! I feel so irritable and low right now! What? THE HELL I DO! Ha! The white fighter won and that is good enough for me.

After the weigh-in I read many posters on other sites -many of whom were white- talking about how great a physique Pascal had and how confident he looked and how much of an "athlete" he was. Really this kind of stuff is said. Froch himself calls Pascal an athlete in the article above. I do not know why anyone, including Froch, had that idea as his "athleticism" was nowhere to be seen tonight. Pascal is what I thought he was: a light puncher with decent skill and not too tough.

Cheers to Froch for winning. Just another prediction I got right, now 20-1 on these boards. Why can't black fighters win anymore?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It's all Europeans winning these fights. White americans have been brainwashed and beat down for years now. Europeans have pride in themselves and their people and are great athletes.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Maple Leaf whats your prediction on tonight's De La Hoya fight? Go for 21 and 1. I predict Oscar ko'n Manny in the 6th or 7th round.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Westside said:
Maple Leaf whats your prediction on tonight's De La Hoya fight? Go for 21 and 1. I predict Oscar ko'n Manny in the 6th or 7th round.

I do not predict on anything but black/white fights as a general rule because I like to rub it in to those who fantasize about black athletic superiority. I have no grudge against Philipinos or Latinos so I the interest is not the same for me. But, since you ask, I will say this: Oscar came in underweight on purpose because he wants people to believe this is not a mismatch. This is a mismatch. Manny is good but he is just a little guy. In the entire length of Oscar's career I do not think he has ever lost to anyone shorter than him and certainly not 4 or 5 inches shorter. In this fight he has all of the advantages: experience, height, weight, power, reach, cut resistence, etc. How is he supposed to lose? Is Manny supposed to dart in and out all night and pepper him to death like Calzaghe? From what I have seen he does not have that skill and he does not have the power to hurt Oscar. Fighting little guys is easy, one does not have to worry about them hurting you. I like your prediction of a mid round knockout as I cannot see anything else but an Oscar win.

P-NutLane

Guru
I hope Mikkel dosent put Frochy in his crosshairs. I like Carl, but Mikkel Kessler would win a UD. I hated Kessler vs Calzghe even though it was a fun bout to watch. When 2 unbeaten whites face off, the MSM must love it. I dont like that at all. Having to see a 0 turn to a 1 in a white mans losses.

Maple leaf, you said fgting little guys is easy because you dont have to worry about them hurting you. I have put a bunch of big guys to sleep because they went into fighting me with that very attitude! Ive KOed 200 pound men with a righton the perfect spot more than once. And it is true that big guys fall harder too. However I have never been in a fight with a white man, who seem to be ''tuffer'' than the bruvas.
smiley2.gif
All I am saying is that I am 5'7, and weigh 144, and I can knock out big guys, andhave

All that being said, Good Job Carl Froch!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: P-NutLane

Blue Devils

Mentor
Jermain Taylor is the mandatory challenger to Froch. So maybe we'll get a chance to see Froch on HBO.

I like Carl Froch. Some say he is arrogant. However those same drunken white fans who say Froch is too arrogant probably worshiped Ali for dancing in the ring. Personally, I usually go for the humble guy when it is two white men fighting each other. However, it is a bit refreshing to see a white man in Froch whisper in the ear of Black opponents at weigh ins on how he is going to dismantle them.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: aussieaussie31

Westside

Hall of Famer
I am hearing great things about Frochy, does anyone know where I can see his fight against Pascal. I am ready to jump on his bandwagon!
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside try this linkhttp://www.youtube.com/user/venu44. This user on Youtube has the fight in 6 parts on his page.

Westside

Hall of Famer
JD1986 thanks for providing the link to Frochy's hard earned win. Anyways, just finished watching the fight.

1st, Froch has the skill and talent to be a star and heir apparent to Calzaghe.

2nd, Pascal was one tough akward fighter. It would be tough for anyone to look great against this fighter who was undefeated and came to win.

3rd, Carl uses that "Tommy Hearns" stance on carrying his left, way low. Right now he can get away with it, due to his atheletism and youth, but after awhile he will need to bring it up against elite fighters like Kessler and Taylor.

4th, I want to see him fight Jermine Taylor, I see him, with a UD or a late round KO against him. Against Kessler, its a pick'm fight, with a slight edge to Mikel.

5th, I am on the bandwagon, and will now follow his career with enthusasim.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
P-NutLane said:
 I hope Mikkel dosent put Frochy in his crosshairs. I like Carl, but Mikkel Kessler would win a UD. I hated Kessler vs Calzghe even though it was a fun bout to watch. When 2 unbeaten whites face off, the MSM must love it. I dont like that at all. Having to see a 0 turn to a 1 in a white mans losses.

Maple leaf, you said fgting little guys is easy because you dont have to worry about them hurting you. I have put a bunch of big guys to sleep because they went into fighting me with that very attitude! Ive KOed 200 pound men with a  right on the perfect spot more than once. And it is true that big guys fall harder too. However I have never been in a fight with a white man, who seem to be ''tuffer'' than the bruvas.
smiley2.gif
 All I am saying is that I am 5'7, and weigh 144, and I can knock out big guys, and have 

All that being said, Good Job Carl Froch!
smiley32.gif

Peanut: in boxing size and reach do matter. If size did not matter we would not have weight divisions. No need to elaborate further. Reach is also an advantage as, all other aspects considered equal, longer reach means one can connect first. No need to elaborate further.
But there are always exceptions and having advantages does not always guarantee a win. After all that is why the fights are fought. You have indicated that despite your shorter stature you have made short work of men much bigger than yourself. No need to elaborate further as you yourself are proof that there are exceptions. I was, however, speaking of boxing matches.

P-NutLane

Guru
Maple Leaf you are right. I hope I didnt sound like I thought weight classes, and reach dont matter. I was just responding to your post that ''little guys are easy tofight because they cant hurt you''.Maybe DeLaHoya thought that too. By the way, just for the record, I have been on the wrong end of quite a few A-whoopins too. I guess I just cant help responding to ''little guys are easy to fight because they cant hurt you''. My whole youth was spent showing people I wasnt ''too small''. Maybe Ive got some issues
smiley36.gif