CARL FROCH VSJEAN PASCAL: TIME HAS COME

Maple Leaf

Mentor
From livefight.com:

Carl Froch and Jean Pascal come face to face

Jean Pascal was in confident mood despite being on Cobra territory ahead of his WBC super middleweight showdown with the outspoken Nottingham fighter.

Pascal wore a t-shirt depicting a Mongoose attacking a Cobra, he took the mic and declared how he was going to realise his dreams of becoming the WBC Super middleweight champion of the World this Saturday night.

Pascal went on to talk describe his T-shirt "The Cobra is very fearsome, but the mongoose is too fast for the Cobra.

They call Carl the Cobra...well Saturday night, Jean Pascal will be the mongoose" Taunted the unbeaten Pascal.

Froch, sitting back in his chair and oozing his trademark confidence quickly chipped in "My mother ran a lot of pubs throughout Nottingham."

"One of the regulars used to come in and taunt me, saying that he was a mongoose and would always beat the Cobra. I used to whip him at pool and darts."

"Pascal may say he is a mongoose. But he is getting knocked out on Saturday night and he can take his t-shirt home with him. Infact I'll sign it for him" Said Froch.

Froch declared that he was only 1 pound over the 168lb weight limit. Pascal was more coy about his weight and declared that he would 'make the weight' on Friday, suggesting that he may currently be slightly struggling to get to the limit.

Robert McCracken declared that he rated Jean Pascal very highly, but that his chance had come soon for the Candian.

"I've watched Pascal in the gym. He was a very talented amateur and he is going to come into that ring unbeaten and in his mind he is super confident.

But this is Carl Froch's moment and after Pascal has been defeated, he can come again. His chance has come too soon" Said McCracken.

Marc Ramsey, Pascal's trainer said that they had prepared extremely well and that they had not taken any aspect of training lightly. They rated Carl Froch as one of the most dangerous opponents in the division - but also stated that at World level, all opponents can punch.

When Pascal was asked whether or not the recent losses amongst Canadian boxing had any bearing on his confidence Pascal declared "I'm not Steve Molitor - i have come to win"

"We are not tourists. I love England and have been successful here before and I will be again".

Afterwards Froch commentated on how Jean Pascal had an army of masseurs, dieticians and dog's bodies surrounding him. all wearing Team Pascal tracksuits.

"It don't matter how many of his entourage are here. When that bell rings it's just me and him, minus his ass, which will have fell out in the changing room.

"He's an athlete and I'm a fighter - that's the difference. I'm gonna unleash hell on him".

Edited by: Maple Leaf

P-NutLane

Guru
Im hyped up for this one. I been making a Carl Froch playlist for my youtube channel, and watching him alot recently. That guy is good! I hope he KOs this guy early.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Froch's eyes are as cold and blue as the ocean in Cape Wrath. After 11 bells, Pascal, already worn and weary, shall not be able to defend himself adequately anymore and shall find himself collapsed while the man in front of him shows no mercy, no respite. The third man in the squared circle, fearing the weaker man may lose his life, shall leap between the two, shielding the fallen from further torment and destruction. The victor shall then relent realizing further asault wins nothing.

'86: Thank you for the feed link.Edited by: Maple Leaf

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Froch should win but don't get carried away. He is a big banger but lacks technique and defense. He is not another Calzaghe and would lose bad to both Joe and Kessler.

Sean

Mentor
Come on Froch!

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Thats the link I used Sean and I only get some short clip.

follow the boxrec post and theres a link that leads to the fight.Edited by: Sean

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Thanks I got it now.
Ok, I have Froch up by one round right now, but this is a GREAT fight, Carl has the best chin I've seen for a while.

Sean

Mentor
Froch up by two on my card.

Sean

Mentor
Great fight, I had Froch win by 5. Official decision is coming.

Sean

Mentor
Froch by UD!

Blue Devils

Mentor
New WBC champ Carl Froch
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I missed the first 7 rounds but Froch looked really good from that point. He kept pumping the jab into Pascal's face. Other than a few small flurries here and there Pascal was unable to answer. He definetly is no Joe Calzaghe but he's a solid fighter. Kessler is better than Froch though. I'm also guessing Kessler will go after Froch now.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Sean

Mentor
Froch-Kessler will be very interesting though. Calzaghe had Kessler a bit shaken in their fight. Froch is very heavy handed, and has never been down as an amateur or pro. Kessler will outbox him in my opinion, but Froch is definately the real deal.