Brian Leonard 23

Gi-15

Mentor
Wow, everything said about hip tightness must be thrown away after seeing this video. Just amazing running. I'm really proud of the guy. So happy for him.

Richie Incognito IS a badass also.
smiley2.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
Gi-15 said:
Wow, everything said about hip tightness must be thrown away after seeing this video. Just amazing running. I'm really proud of the guy. So happy for him.

Richie Incognito IS a badass also. Going to Wilson's face and clapping after Bennett is pushed, that's an instant classic
smiley2.gif

oups, quoted myself instead of editing...

Guys, get ready to vote Brian as the Offensive rookie of the week on NFL.com!!!Edited by: Gi-15

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Patrick Crayton have tried the Leap two time tonight, that have worked one time(not as beautiful as Leonard but still good), and another time against the same player, that doesnt have work!

bigunreal

Mentor
The sad thing about this is that even if Leonard goes over 100 yards every week he plays, when Jackson comes back, he goes right back to touching the ball a handful of times each game. There is just no way for a white player to be good enough at one of these Caste positions to be a full-time starter, especially when they are competing with a legitimate RB like Jackson.

G

Personally, I don't like the leap. The only time you can do it is in open field 1-on-1 coverage. By the time you're in the air, you're a sitting duck. It allows the defenders to collapse, and crush you when you land.

A Barry Sanders or an LT would juke that first open field guy, and not get tackled anyway.Being that they're still on the ground after that, they have theability to cut, shake more guys, pick up blocks, and continuemoving up the field instead of just waiting to land.

G

Oh don't get me wrong, it looks great. It'sjust thatopen field 1-on-1 tackles are so hard to do anyway, I'd rather himremain on the ground, and evade that guy.He'd be in a better position tocutand manuever his way up the field with both feet planted.When he's in the air, there's not much else he can do. Theplay's always over right whenhe lands.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech said:
Personally, I don't like the leap. The only time you can do it is in open field 1-on-1 coverage. By the time you're in the air, you're a sitting duck. It allows the defenders to collapse, and crush you when you land.

A Barry Sanders or an LT would juke that first open field guy, and not get tackled anyway.

In the linked video Brian made a good decision.To his immediate right was the side line, and to his left was another defender. He went airborne, avoidedthe tackler and made an additional 7 yards or so, it seems. I'd also like to see him do that at the goal line. As for Barry Sanders, perhaps he was not a strong leaper.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is the same troll who's registered under a dozen other names. His first post always shows that he doesn't support white athleteswithout beingover the top. But if he's allowed to continue to post, his true troll nature appears and his criticisms of white players become quite harsh.

C'mon Texas Tech, tell us what you really think of Brian Leonard. He's only in the NFL because of the virulent anti-black racism that animates the league, right? A more qualified brother has lost a job because of the league's never ending quest to play inherently inferior whites at running back.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I recall Leonard going to the house in college after a leap. In general the leap should be used for short yardage plays, but he doesn't really leap with extreme body lean and ending his chance of running after landing. Also by leaping a lot he forces defenders to not tackle him at the ankles in open field which allows him a chance to bowl them over if he doesn't leap....
smiley36.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Texas Tech:

I have never heard or read any fan of Leonard say they didn't like the leap. As a matter of fact it is always the complete opposite: it is delightful and even comical when he jumps over black defenders. It is comical because I have heard for decades how blacks are "naturally athletic" and "naturally good jumpers".
You don't like the leap? Your black or a black fan. And that's o.k., just say it. I'm white and I support white players and I'm not afraid to say it. I like Leonard especially because he is white.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
what he doesnt seem to understand this guy, is that, the leap he does, that because of that he won a first down, the big majority of RB would not been able to gain the first down on this play. Leonard don't do this move for nothing and he has great acceleration so he can restart his run, that like his leap in the college for a TD of 78 yards, he doesnt have lost speed on the leap..Brian Leonard is just the 2nd best backup RB in the NFL!(and better than a a couple of starter easily)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Tom Iron

Mentor
Colonel_Reb,

Reminds me of Larry Csonka - Always moving the pile forward. Seems many times that announcer tried to downplay the gain and say he only got a couple yards when it was obvious he got four or five.

He's going to stay in that lineup now. If this guy Jackson is as good as they say, then they should run a Csonka - Kiick type offense rtype offense when he comes back. That'd be something to watch, just bang bang bang up and down the field. By the 2nd qtr. the defense would be wobbly. Straight dives would be gaining 20-30 yrds.

Tom Iron...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
That leap he had in the last game (and many others) is great entertainment. To watch a big runner like that sky over a player is cool. I was stunned watching it when the play by play announcer remained silent when it happened because it is one of those types of plays that usually illicit a string of over the top comments from the announcing crew about "what a great play" "what a great athlete" and how special and talented the player is. I guess those superlatives are only reserved for black players. It took the color guy (who was black) to comment on it and add some faint praise.

The caste system and it's mindset never fails to amuse me.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks Jaxvid!
smiley32.gif

Leonard looks pretty damn good flying through the air with the greatest of ease... i just wish he was athletic, though.
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I like the 1:35 run best.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
When you look at how the voting turns out each week, you really see how many whites are pro-black in their thinking. This week's voting isn't even close. Just another reminder.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
There is something in the video who bother me..WHen the black guy said : We talked to Linehan and he said that Leonard is REALLY a fullback who can play a little of Running back then the black guy said that Leonard seem more of a Running back who can play a little fullback.
I hope that Linehan changed his mind after the game

lumsdenpower

Mentor
''I see a nice "3rd down/ change of pace" back though. He has good vision and is a strong runner, but seems to lack breakaway ability''
Can someone reply to this fool?
http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=35166

I'm not registred on this site, i've tried but the admin doesnt have send the email to confirme...
I mean, what the hell, he lack to breakaway ability? That's why he got the longest run for the rams of the year and the longest of Jackson was 16 I think..yeah..that's logic, can we have a break?

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah i read the same comment. this guy has been dogging on Brian from the get go.
well, guess what, his longest run went for 31 yards in what's his second start, Stephen Jackson's longest carrer run went for 59. not much difference there, and certainly enough time for Brian to at least much Jackson's "breakaway speed"...

btw Lumsden, use the little link button with the chain and a globe behind it, put the text in and then in the second box paste the link to make it clickable

smiley2.gif