Brian Leonard 23

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Starters generally play only the third pre-season game. In the others they'll play anywhere from not at all to a little over a half depending on the game and how well the coach thinks the team is progressing. The NFL might as well cut back to 1 or 2 exhibition games and lengthen the regular season as some have advocated, because the starters and most of the roster is pre-determined before training camp begins.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
A couple of fantasy football mags I have read have Leonard listed as Jackson's backup at running back, for whatever that's worth.

Gi-15

Mentor
Btw, Leonard just signed for 4 years. Four long years 'till he gets a starting gig
smiley5.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gi-15 said:
Btw, Leonard just signed for 4 years. Four long years 'till he gets a starting gig
smiley5.gif

standard rookie contract. unfortunately with Jackson re-signing he won't get too much of a chance to star...

backrow

Hall of Famer
website is crazy recently... what's with all the double posts
smiley17.gif
Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
btw if memory serves Brian is the highest white RB/FB picked since 1999 Rob Konrad (what a damn shame that Miami wasted his talent...) who got off the board with pick number 43 in the round 2.

who was the last white back taken in round 1? Alstott was pretty close, being taken at number 35, pick 5 of the second round back in 1996...

and a follow up question, will we ever see a white runningback in the first round of the NFL draft? i wonder...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good questions backrow. As for the site, yep there are some problems, and they seem to be getting worse. I've notified Don about it.

jared

Mentor
backrow said:
btw if memory serves Brian is the highest white RB/FB picked since 1999 Rob Konrad (what a damn shame that Miami wasted his talent...) who got off the board with pick number 43 in the round 2.

who was the last white back taken in round 1? Alstott was pretty close, being taken at number 35, pick 5 of the second round back in 1996...

and a follow up question, will we ever see a white runningback in the first round of the NFL draft? i wonder...
Tommy Vardell went 9th overall to the Browns in 1992.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brad Muster was drafted by the Bears in the first round in 1988, during the Mike Ditka coaching era. He was a 6-4 tailback from Stanford. Muster played fullback for the Bears but touched the ball a fair amount and was a very good runner. Here's a good article on him,which mentionshis desire to be Chicago's featured running back in '93, a request that was denied by new coach Dave Wannstedt, a total Caste System flunky who took over after Ditka was fired after the '92 season.

http://www.bearshistory.com/lore/bradmuster.aspx

Career stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MustBr00.htm

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
Gi-15 said:
smiley5.gif

standard rookie contract. unfortunately with Jackson re-signing he won't get too much of a chance to star...

Someone told me Jackson's contract is up in two years. I could see Jackson moving on to another team the way a star like Edgerin James did if the Rams can't afford to keep him and are happy with Leonard. With the salary cap sometimes the unexpected happens and maybe it will work out in our favour for a change.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i didn't realize that Muster was a first rounder. Vardell's career could have been so much better...

and yeah, Jackson is still on his rookie 5 year deal, has 2 seasons left. if he performs as he did last year i am pretty sure that Rams will lock him up in a long term deal next year...

whiteknight said:
i think Jackson will want mega mega money

if BL can impress them the rams may not wanna resign him
Jackson lead the league in Yards last year, and gets better every season. If he produces again this season, it is very doubtful the rams dont re sign him.

C Darwin

Mentor
backrow said:
this thread just made me f**king sick to my stomach... what a bunch of idiots...
smiley11.gif
To: Rise
RE: The above posted thread

Please set them straight!

Thank you

Tom Iron

Mentor
backrow, Don't get so steamed. Consider the source. Leanard is going to change all their idiotic ideas. Don't worry about that.

Tom Iron...

Dont worry, we just have to put our faith that Brian will deliver on the field....Assuming he gets playing time, which IMO he will...it is all down to him, and i am sure he will not disapoint.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
What season should we expect from Leonard?
I think he is gonna get like 300 rushing yards + another 200 receiving yards and like 4 or 5 touchdown...

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
im pulling for leonard just like everyone else! But do u guys think he will have a productive year? I have him starting for my fantasy team

^^^

Porbably not the best idea. I would imagine Leonard will put up slightly better numbers than Stephen Davis did last year for teh Rams, but Leonard will have a lot more receving yards.