Black QBs in the NFL

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Could the rise of less talented running quarterbacks like Murray, Jackson, and soon Anthony Richardson eventually turn the quarterback position into what the running back position has become - a three year somewhat unimportant position that can be cycled through easily?

I’ve had the same thought. The theory is certainly sound. NFL manipulates the rules to allow for lower level remedial offenses to now be part the NFL. Stock the position with lower iq black players, get the DWFs to buy in that this is how the position is supposed to be play and that is what qbs are supposed to look like and then rinse and repeat. It’s no different than any other aspect of society. Subversion first which then is accepted as the norm.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I’ve had the same thought. The theory is certainly sound. NFL manipulates the rules to allow for lower level remedial offenses to now be part the NFL. Stock the position with lower iq black players, get the DWFs to buy in that this is how the position is supposed to be play and that is what qbs are supposed to look like and then rinse and repeat. It’s no different than any other aspect of society. Subversion first which then is accepted as the norm.
We talked about this before the quaterback was originally an option running back in the NFL. Until Sammy Baugh came along qb's that played similar to Jackson were the norm. Baugh's ability to matriculate the ball down the field changed the game, this back to the future push is tired and played out.

I think Baugh led the Redskins to a blowout of the Bears in an NFL title game convinced Halas he needed a Baugh to compete with Washington.

Last edited:

Chad

Guru
It starts with the recruiting sites. Look for who makes the scouting decisions. It's rigged now. It's not organic. It will fail.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It starts with the recruiting sites. Look for who makes the scouting decisions. It's rigged now. It's not organic. It will fail.
It's been rigged for a very long time, but your observation is accurate.

jphoss

Mentor
This is one of if not the biggest problem. Corrupt or just cucked scouting sites overhype 16 year old black kids who are the best athlete on the field and try and say they “project” as a 5* qb. Lazy and/or cucked college coaches by it and then we see it at the nfl where the colts bought the hype of one of the worst qb’s in the sec!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
We talked about this before the quaterback was originally an option running back in the NFL. Until Sammy Baugh came along qb's that played similar to Jackson were the norm. Baugh's ability to matriculate the ball down the field changed the game, this back to the future push is tired and played out.

I think Baugh led the Redskins to a blowout of the Bears in an NFL title game convinced Halas he needed a Baugh to compete with Washington.
It’s certainly not a revolution at the qb position - more like a devolution at the position.

The recruiting services certainly reinforce it and put the caste system stamp of approval on it though and since those services are what most people reference rather than watching the athletes play for themselves. The recruiting services have just dumbed down the actual recruiting process and done a great job in limiting the number of White athletes that get any sort of exposure since many never get ranked.
This is one of if not the biggest problem. Corrupt or just cucked scouting sites overhype 16 year old black kids who are the best athlete on the field and try and say they “project” as a 5* qb. Lazy and/or cucked college coaches by it and then we see it at the nfl where the colts bought the hype of one of the worst qb’s in the sec!
I’d love to see the percentage of black four and five star recruits that amounted to absolutely nothing. There is no credibility in these scouting services as well as zero accountability. They just keep on churning out the lists with their projections every year. The failed 4-5 star affletes just get swept under the rug never to be mentioned again. Same thing with the large number of busts and underachievers taken in the NFL draft. It’s all an unaccountable scam.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I’d love to see the percentage of black four and five star recruits that amounted to absolutely nothing. There is no credibility in these scouting services as well as zero accountability. They just keep on churning out the lists with their projections every year. The failed 4-5 star affletes just get swept under the rug never to be mentioned again. Same thing with the large number of busts and underachievers taken in the NFL draft. It’s all an unaccountable scam.
For the college coaches and scouts signing a 4-5 star bust does not hurt them in the slightest. It's a net win! They get the accolates from the alumni, fans and the recruitment rankings people in media, and then if the player doesn't do jack, nobody even notices. But sign a lowly cracka and he is a failure, there is hell to pay!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So all of the years of pushing blacks at the quarterback position in HS, but mostly in Division 1 college, has finally had the trickle down effect that the Stringpullers have intended. In week 1 this year, 13 of the 32 starting quarterbacks are non-White (41%). Some are ridiculous retreads like Geno Smiff, Marcus Mariotta, Jamies Winston and Jacoby Brissett but they are still there taking up a spot. And next year's draft seems to be another round of quotas as those are the names I see projected as 1st round picks. Therefore teams like Seattle, New Orleans or Detroit are likely to maintain or grow the quota stable.

I'd love someone to tell me I'm wrong, but I can easily see the QB position 50% non-White in the very near future (2-3 years).
Looks like my dire prediction is coming sooner than I expected. If the ridiculous decision is made to start Josh Dobbs, we will have 15 of 32 teams starting non-White QBs (47%).

Miami, Cleveland, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Houston, Denver, Kansas City, Dallas, Philly, Chicago, Green Bay, Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona and Seattle. I don't expect some of these guys to be able to maintain the total but this has to be a high water mark for the Caste System?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looks like my dire prediction is coming sooner than I expected. If the ridiculous decision is made to start Josh Dobbs, we will have 15 of 32 teams starting non-White QBs (47%).

Miami, Cleveland, Baltimore, Indianapolis, Houston, Denver, Kansas City, Dallas, Philly, Chicago, Green Bay, Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona and Seattle. I don't expect some of these guys to be able to maintain the total but this has to be a high water mark for the Caste System?

Sad indeed. It will only get worse as college football gets darker at the position. It certainly isn't a case of blacks revolutionizing the position as it is employing simplified offensive schemes and manipulating the rules to ensure these offensive schemes can be successful. I'll certainly be rooting against them all!

Sad indeed. It will only get worse as college football gets darker at the position. It certainly isn't a case of blacks revolutionizing the position as it is employing simplified offensive schemes and manipulating the rules to ensure these offensive schemes can be successful. I'll certainly be rooting against them all!
The thing I don't understand about the RPO quota push is that there is no evidence it actually works. Seriously, look at the highest levels of both of the NFL and College Football - it's all guys who look to throw the ball. A list of recent champions and runners-up:

2023: Mahomes, Hurts, Bennett, Duggan
2022: Stafford, Burrow, Bennett, Young
2021: Brady, Mahomes, Jones, Fields
2020: Mahomes, Garoppolo, Burrow, Lawerence

Outside of Justin Fields (who lost) and arguably Jalen Hurts (who also lost), all of these guys are essentially pocket passers. It's clear that mobility is valuable, as most can run if needed. But they all look to throw first and foremost.

Even looking beyond the absolute top level, how many running QBs have any real success at all in the NFL? Lamar Jackson has 1 playoff win, Cam Newton and Kaepernick lost a Super Bowl and washed out, Michael Vick never won anything of note, and RG3 had 1 good year and was essentially out of the league.

Black RPO QBs litter the rosters of college programs, very few of which succeed at that level let alone the NFL. It's clear that these types of offenses have a ceiling, and the most successful teams will remain those with traditional pocket QBs. It's mostly the mid-tier programs that will continue to push these schemes, because as you said they are much simpler to execute and can exploit weaker college defenses. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I don't see this ever taking over at the highest level.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The thing I don't understand about the RPO quota push is that there is no evidence it actually works. Seriously, look at the highest levels of both of the NFL and College Football - it's all guys who look to throw the ball. A list of recent champions and runners-up:

2023: Mahomes, Hurts, Bennett, Duggan
2022: Stafford, Burrow, Bennett, Young
2021: Brady, Mahomes, Jones, Fields
2020: Mahomes, Garoppolo, Burrow, Lawerence

Outside of Justin Fields (who lost) and arguably Jalen Hurts (who also lost), all of these guys are essentially pocket passers. It's clear that mobility is valuable, as most can run if needed. But they all look to throw first and foremost.

Even looking beyond the absolute top level, how many running QBs have any real success at all in the NFL? Lamar Jackson has 1 playoff win, Cam Newton and Kaepernick lost a Super Bowl and washed out, Michael Vick never won anything of note, and RG3 had 1 good year and was essentially out of the league.

Black RPO QBs litter the rosters of college programs, very few of which succeed at that level let alone the NFL. It's clear that these types of offenses have a ceiling, and the most successful teams will remain those with traditional pocket QBs. It's mostly the mid-tier programs that will continue to push these schemes, because as you said they are much simpler to execute and can exploit weaker college defenses. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I don't see this ever taking over at the highest level.
Perhaps the lack of evidence it works is more of a feature than a bug?

There is plenty of evidence that insulting your customers is a bad idea, and yet, we have the Bud Light debacle.

Perhaps this is the football equivalent of it.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is the NFL's twitter. Clearly more than just meritocracy at play - it's an agenda. They did the same thing with the NFL Draft and the Super Bowl all in the past 7-8 months. No one will push back either.

Yep, it’s so obvious that the media generates hype on certain college players every year who don’t deserve it. 3 years ago Trey Lance. 2 it was Malik Willis. This year Anthony Richardson. None of these guys would ever be close to an early round pick based on production, yet all were highly rated come draft time.

The Dobbs trade was also a case of let’s shoehorn in another black into a starting role. He’s literally been a 3rd stringer his whole career and Arizona could have traded for or signed countless Whites (how come they didn’t waiver Zappe when he was exposed?) who are better. The situation with Dobbs stinks to high heaven and feels like a purely racial move.

NikoDuke

Mentor
This is the NFL's twitter. Clearly more than just meritocracy at play - it's an agenda. They did the same thing with the NFL Draft and the Super Bowl all in the past 7-8 months. No one will push back either.
To play devil's advocate, I think this is waking up more and more Normies.. The very blatant pro Black messaging over and over again by the NFL is having the opposite effect of what they expected.

It will take time and the QB position will be quite dark in the foreseeable future but, I think the NFL, being so transparent in such messaging will help expose the caste system..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yep, it’s so obvious that the media generates hype on certain college players every year who don’t deserve it. 3 years ago Trey Lance. 2 it was Malik Willis. This year Anthony Richardson. None of these guys would ever be close to an early round pick based on production, yet all were highly rated come draft time.

The Dobbs trade was also a case of let’s shoehorn in another black into a starting role. He’s literally been a 3rd stringer his whole career and Arizona could have traded for or signed countless White (how come the didn’t waiver Zappe when exposed?) who are better. The situation with Dobbs stinks to high heaven and fells like a purely racial move.

As I have said numerous times what we are seeing at the QB position is the same thing that has happened at every other position over the past 50 or so years. It's the caste system under the microscope. They will continue to push them, throw undeserving superlatives at them. Just remember black qbs never revolutionized the game, the game had to be changed to accommodate them. I suppose that is why I have always railed against black qbs to the annoyance of many on the site. I just saw it as the be all end all and now we are seeing it play out in real time.

Carson Wentz is a free agent. Mason Rudolph/Sam Ehlinger are better than Dobbs - why didn't AZ trade for one of them? How in the hell does a supposed NFL front office look at Josh Dobbs and think he is a viable option to be given the starting job as a late addition to the roster? I totally agree.

Russell Wilson, Geno Smith, Dobbs and RIdder seem to have the most tenuous holds on their starting positions if you ask me so at some point during the season there may be a switch.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
To play devil's advocate, I think this is waking up more and more Normies.. The very blatant pro Black messaging over and over again by the NFL is having the opposite effect of what they expected.

It will take time and the QB position will be quite dark in the foreseeable future but, I think the NFL, being so transparent in such messaging will help expose the caste system..

I do agree more are waking up. The largest group of normies still have the "I don't see color" idiotic mentality though. Just look at the black woman who won the tennis match today - go on social media to see the racially neutered Whites along with the militant blacks all blindly root for her for the reasons that have been programmed into their collective group psyches.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I do agree more are waking up. The largest group of normies still have the "I don't see color" idiotic mentality though. Just look at the black woman who won the tennis match today - go on social media to see the racially neutered Whites along with the militant blacks all blindly root for her for the reasons that have been programmed into their collective group psyches.
Agreed. It can be nauseating at times to read the DWF's however, now there's more and more posts calling out the anti White messaging. Not the majority but, it's increasing.

And what further help is how mediocre many of these Quotas are and will be.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

The Dobbs trade was also a case of let’s shoehorn in another black into a starting role. He’s literally been a 3rd stringer his whole career and Arizona could have traded for or signed countless Whites (how come they didn’t waiver Zappe when he was exposed?) who are better. The situation with Dobbs stinks to high heaven and feels like a purely racial move.
Many believe the Cardinals are tanking this season, and the Dobbs move would fit that scenario.

Contrary to what Leonardfan believes, he's not the only one aware of the Black QB push, though I will grant that he's followed it and documented it more than anyone else and it's not even close. And I will continue to believe that he would be far more effective if his default position wasn't that all of them stink without exception rather than judging them more objectively and acknowledging that at least some of them have talent. That approach is not going to persuade any reasonably open-minded person. I don't know why that's so hard to understand but it apparently is.

Regardless, this site needs to stick to its primary mission of cheering for White athletes, not against Black QBs, no matter how many Black QBs there are. White men are being replaced everywhere in society at breathtaking speed so it's hardly earthshaking news that the Black QB push is bearing more fruit than previously, and is doing so mainly by changing the rules and styles of play to try to do whatever it takes to benefit them, along with of course recruiting them and playing them more and more over equally or more talented White QBs. That's how it was done at the other positions, it's just taking a lot longer at QB because of Whites' inherent advantages over the years at the position.

Looking at this week's Week Two College Football thread, it's dominated by the obsession with black QBs more than it is rooting for the many good White players and how they're doing.

I started this site to root for White athletes realizing they were non-existent or a tiny minority at just about every position in football. They're still a majority at QB in the NFL but quickly headed toward possible minority status though that is yet to be determined. That's still better than every other position other than TE and kickers, and nobody cares about kickers. I get it, how important the quarterback position is, but I'm not going to enjoy a site that cares about tearing down Black QBs, all of them, more than it cares about rooting for White football players at all the positions.

The Great Replacement is very real and gaining steam, and the Black QB push has been underway for decades and is finally gaining a strong foothold. White men are no longer supposed to hold positions of authority or to be viewed heroically or even admirably. That's why it's more important than ever to root for our own, and do so in a responsible and reasoned way, otherwise we're going to be seen as little more than bitter enders railing against those who have displaced us.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I'm clearly 3rd man in this discussion between @Leonardfan and @Don Wassall and am content to step aside and allow the main posters to continue the discussion amongst themselves.

But, I see similarities in both of the arguments. Many Black QBs are worthwhile players and to state otherwise would be a lie. But, many of them are so bloody mediocre and have been elevated because our society has become so irrational as it pertains to race and is becoming exceptionally anti White.

The QB position, like much in life is a competition for scarce resources and that's why to me it's important to call out the caste system in this position more so than other position perhaps in all of sports..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm clearly 3rd man in this discussion between @Leonardfan and @Don Wassall and am content to step aside and allow the main posters to continue the discussion amongst themselves.

But, I see similarities in both of the arguments. Many Black QBs are worthwhile players and to state otherwise would be a lie. But, many of them are so bloody mediocre and have been elevated because our society has become so irrational as it pertains to race and is becoming exceptionally anti White.

The QB position, like much in life is a competition for scarce resources and that's why to me it's important to call out the caste system in this position more so than other position perhaps in all of sports..

No need to step aside! The more that get involved in the conversation the better. I completely agree with your statement.

I'll be the first to admit I have been obnoxious about black qb mistakes/criticism in the past and have certainly toned it down. I do feel though that it should certainly be a part of the discussion as we can see from my post above where the NFL openly celebrates 14 black qbs starting this season yet nary a mention of anything to address the dearth of White athletes at any other position on the field.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

I agree completely. And the sentence I put in bold is the key point I've been making over and over for years. To pretend that no black quarterbacks have any ability is to completely discredit one's position.

It's a matter of presentation and perspective. Let's pretend that over the next few years colleges begin to recruit White running backs in large numbers and that in 2027 there are 100 starting. Of that number some would be good, some would be great, and some would be mediocre and worse. But if anyone interested in learning different viewpoints about the influx of White running backs went to a site where all of them were simply branded as terrible and "quotas," any fair-minded person would quickly dismiss that site. That's the point I'm trying to make. Leonardfan has great talent and passion, I'm only hoping he channels it more effectively. I don't disagree with what he's been saying about the growing number of black QBs and how it's coming about, I disagree with how he presents it.

Warhawk_46

Master
I think it is all a moot point and sports will become something of the past soon enough. We are headed for dark and violent times in the near future brothers. Tyranny is at the door.

jphoss

Mentor
I think it’s important to do both- cheer for white qb’s and also point out the vast majority of black qb’s aren’t good. Mockery is a very very effective strategy against social proofing and confirmation bias. When talking football with friends or acquaintances at a watch party I always make it a point to denigrate black qb’s and db’s. Not because I get some pleasure out of it but because it works. The look on their faces is pure shock and they will retort with some liberal programmed response but deep down it hits them hard. So mockery can be an effective tool as long as it’s not overdone and bombastic. Look at the 2016 election Trump combined popular policies with scathing insults to perfection. I think we can combine facts of how much better white quarterbacks are with timely rebukes of black ones to great success

I would agree that boosting white athletes is of primary importance, but failure to call out black athletes (when reasonable) is a weak tactic in my opinion.

Whites are routinely singled out and mocked among both black fans and DWFs. I can't tell you how many times I saw "get this cracker off the floor" on Twitter when Reaves struggled during the playoff run, despite the fact that he was the Laker's 2nd or 3rd best player. Same with Klubnik vs Duke. God forbid Riley Moss gets beat once or twice, everyone will call for his head as the only white CB.

White players have a target on their back because they stand out both literally and figuratively. If they struggle, they will be the first ones the get the boot.

If you allow the myth to go unchecked, people will accept it without question. Cheering for whites without challenging the narrative on blacks frames us as plucky underdogs who are easy to root for, but ultimately inferior.

I regularly give credit to black QBs where it's due, but there are so many obvious lies circulating that have to be called out. I hear people talk about the need to get an athletic or mobile QB "like Mahomes", despite the fact that he runs a 4.8. People assume he's fast because he's black, and it's a lie. People have annointed him the GOAT despite the fact that he lost twice to Brady in the playoffs. I would never say he sucks, but I will go out of my way to make reasonable criticisms because most fans are not keen enough to see through the media hype.