Arrogant MJ Enters the HoF

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33, in my mind, Pistol Pete was, without a doubt, the best college player ever. Had he not been hurt as a Pro, he would definitely be arguably the best pro. He left the black pros in awe he was so good.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I could make a damn good argument for John Stockton being the greatest player of all time. He got inducted into the Hall of Fame along with Jordan recently. John holds the all time assists record and also the all time steals record. He went to the playoffs virtually every year for two decades and almost never missed a game. He was a class act on and off the court. As far as scoring, John could have scored almost twice the career points if he wasn't the ultimate team player. He is so far ahead in the record book in so many categorys that no one will ever break his assists or steals record. The only thing missing is the ring but you can't blame him for that. It is a team game and he gave his heart and soul to the Utah Jazz.

Jordan was incredible but has always been a jerk. He punched his own teammates in practice. Steve Kerr was one of many guys to see what it is like to play with the guy.He cheated on his wife and gambled excessivley. Talent yes. Class no. The greatest of all time. I say no. He is in the top 3 or 4. Karl Malone, K.Abdul Jabar, Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird. Heck you can even put John Havlicek and Bob Petit in the top ten.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Could Michael Jordan be basketball's version of Ty Cobb, a truly great player that was despised by most of the athletes he played against and with for that matter. I don't know whether that comparison is a good fit or not but I always thought Jordan was a punk and his HOF speech confirmed it.

pt.guard

Stockton mentioned that he was not considered NBA material at any level from grammar school to college, but NEVER said he did not belong. You do not play for 22 years in the NBA, break all assist records, get elected to the Hall of Fame and still feel like you do not belong. Edited by: pt.guard

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Does Hakeem Olajuwon fit into the discussion on greatest ever?

I didn't know that Stockton held the record for both assists and steals. That's quite an accomplishment.

I noticed nobody is talking about Shaq or Kobe...
smiley36.gif