"Ankle Stiffness"

Flash

Not sure whether this was best suited for this section or fitness bit but here goes anyway.

i have been told i have problems with my "Ankle stiffness" despite having a very good strength to weight ratio. I understand plyometrics must be useful for improving this. Im planning on changing my training late april to only one main weight sessions and 3 track sessions. Can anyone perhaps guide me on how often you think i would need to do plyos and what sort of exercises u think would be most beneficial? Or if there are any other techniques or other tips to control your foot plant in this thread or by PM it would be greatly appreciated!

p.s if you need to know any other info about to me just pm me..

FastEuro

I am not sure what you mean by ankle stiffness, but if it has to do with the 'spring' of the feet this is what I did....Jump rope on the balls of your feet - quick and fast, short duration. Ankle hops with weights (i used a weighted vest)....this is what i used to develop the 'spring' in the ankle/feet. But, make sure you can lift a good amount of weight with your calves and your ankles are strong...otherwise you can get hurt. If you are highly trained, a good plyometric workout 2x a week wil help

Edited by: FastEuro

Flash

thanks for the ideas , think i know how i'm going to go about things now :)