Andrew Golota vs. Kevin McBride

G

Yes, he clearly beat Byrd, and there were 2 or 3 knockdowns that the crooked ref didn't call (Byrd got punched, Byrd's hands touched the canvas) - and regarding the Ruiz fight you make a good point though I think Golota still did enough to have gotten the decision.

ww

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I must admit -- he does look in great shape. He's 39 and I've never seen him so ripped. And getting rid of the bowl haircut does help!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Well, I'm thinking McBride will win this one - and he's still young enough at age 34 to try for a title in the months to come. McBride gave us an unforgettable and enjoyable fight when he forced Mike Tyson to quit on his stool.
smiley1.gif

Notice that Don King wanted Golota - a shot, 39 year old fighter - to be Maskaev's replacement instead of McBride, who would have a better chance against Peter.
Edited by: JD1986

Hockaday

Guru
This was a no brainer. McBride is at best decent sparring partner material. He's basically a heavy bag with arms and legs. Still, I wanted to watch the fight to see how sharp Golota was, but it looks like no one showed it.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah, McBride almost took it. This might be Golota's biggest win in his career. He had to overcome some adversity, too. Physically, he looks as fit as ever at 39. Good luck to Andrew in his quest for one more title shot.

G

Hats off to Meehan, too. He came to fight, that's for sure!

ww

guest301

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
You we're right, Werewolf!

Golota defeats McBride by 6th round TKO._____________________________Not so easy though.  Andrew almost got himself knocked out in the first round - for a  change.http://youtube.com/watch?v=TsUNx-I4lWAww

That was a hell of a 6th round. Proud of both of those white warriors.
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
werewolf said:
You we're right, Werewolf!

Golota defeats McBride by 6th round TKO._____________________________Not so easy though.  Andrew almost got himself knocked out in the first round - for a  change.http://youtube.com/watch?v=TsUNx-I4lWAww

That was a hell of a 6th round. Proud of both of those white warriors.
smiley32.gif

sure, but prouder of Golota
smiley17.gif

G

Here's the entire fight:

[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YpDpAPlV3Bk&mode=related& search=[/url]

Andrew took some very hard punches in round one and he handled them very well and came right back in round two.

I just heard the prefight interview of McBride, him going on about how Tyson was his hero. Some hero. I'm glad he got KO'd!

Ireland is under heavy cannibal invasion right now, but they've been brainwashing Irish kids for years now so they'll think of them as "heroes". They brainwash them and soften them up first: Poor downtrodden cannibals, Jayzus, ain't we so lucky to be getting twenty million of them right here in our own country!

Jean Raspail saw it coming.

ww