Andrew Golota vs. Kevin McBride

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
golota is my fellow countryman and me and my friends rooted for him for many years. after i saw how he gave up with mccline no more. i could care less about him.

G

Golota never fought McCline. Perhaps you mean Tyson.

But people tend to forget this: Golota won the heavyweight world championship two times, both fair and square, zero monkey business, and both times he was blatantly robbed by Don King's house judges and crooked referee. I'm talking about Byrd and Ruiz. Golota beat them both.

maskaev015.jpg

The Irishman looks kinda fat.

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
i apologize Michael Grant werewolf. but he is a lost cause. I say this not to belittle this site but because I know the truth. He could have been world champion. He had power like few others. I know about the fights he lost. but he was soft in the heart. thats all that counts/.

G

maskaev008.jpg

Wow, he's looking rather psycho these days - and that shirt doesn't help either!

WA33 - Psycho or not, there's a lot we don't know about the real Golota story. He's mixed up with the Polish Mafiya and I think they made him throw the Grant fight.

And he WAS the champ, Don King's judges and house ref Randy notwithstanding! He beat Byrd and Ruiz and he beat them fair and square! And I think he has a fairly good shot at becoming a champ again in 3 of the 4 alphabet thingies.

ww

Edited by: werewolf

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Golota has let us down many a time. I'm part Irish and Polish so not sure who to root for. Andrew does need to learn how to dress though.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I like both these warriors!

As Werewolf said, Golota was cheated by judges and deserved to be a titleholder.

I remember when McBride defeated Mike Tyson, stopping him in the sixth round. McBride lost only once over a period of several years, to Mike Mollo. I don't know why he fought so infrequently, he was a powerful puncher and might have won a title or two if he had been given the chance.Edited by: JD1986

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Golota is in dire need of a style consultant. He looks like a Downs Syndrome sufferer with that silly bowl haircut. And I hope he got a free bowl of soup with that gaudy shirt (that he buttons all the way to the top). He seems like the type of guy that I see walking around the mall with black socks pulled up all the way, sandals, and a plain white undershirt tucked smartly into a pair of jean shorts.

Andrew did get screwed against Ruiz and Byrd though.

G

Golota is in dire need of a style consultant. He looks like a Downs
Syndrome sufferer with that silly bowl haircut. And I hope he got a
free bowl of soup with that gaudy shirt (that he buttons all the way to
the top).

--- The buttons to the top thing are the final fashion faux pas.

He seems like the type of guy that I see walking around the
mall with black socks pulled up all the way, sandals, and a plain white
undershirt tucked smartly into a pair of jean shorts.

--- I thought I looked rather dapper.

Andrew did get screwed against Ruiz and Byrd though.

--- Too true.

--- ww

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What is this, a fashion forum? At least he isn't wearing a baseball cap sideways, with half a dozen gold chains hanging down the front of his chest. Edited by: White Shogun

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hockaday said:
whiteathlete33 said:
why would u call someone a pollack on this website?

Actually, what I meant to say was DUMB pollack.

I haven't heard the phrase "dumb pollack" since the last time I saw the tv show "All in the Family" and Archie called his son in law a "dumb pollack".
smiley2.gif
Not sure anybody should be saying that on this website though. We lift up our brothers around here. If Golata is dumb, he's dumb, nothing to do with being Polish.

G

White Shogun said:
What is this, a fashion forum? At least he isn't wearing a baseball cap sideways, with half a dozen gold chains hanging down the front of his chest.

Too true. Just kidding around.

Actually from what I hear Golota is an intelligent guy - speaks several languages, good sense of humor - he' s probably just a little spacy (like me), and hangs out with some shady characters (like me).

ww

Hockaday

Guru
I was just bustin'chops, as they say back east (at least in Mafia movies). I actually have a soft spot in my heart for Golota. In my book, his beating of Bowe started this wave of E. European heavies and at the time was the best win by a white heavy since Marciano.

As for the fight, the pola--, er, I mean the Polish-American should easily handle the Mi-, er, I mean the Irish-American. McBride isn't near in Golota's class.

And for the record, "IQ and the Wealth of Nations," lists Poland's average at 106. Edited by: Hockaday

freedom1

Mentor
Good points Hockaday. The image of Bowe lying there in pain is still burned into my head. We owe Golota a lot for that. It was during a time when there hadn't been an undisputed white Heavyweight camp since 1959, and Bowe was your typical, big mouthed, ghetto you-know-what.

Golota didn't care about any black superman bullsh't. He was an eastern European killing machine sent out to terminate Bowe. It was beautiful. He ruined Bowe's career. If he wouldn't have been drugged, he would've destroyed Lennox Lewis too.

And all that stuff about Polish people being stupid is a bunch of bullsh't. Check history, Copernicus is one example that jumps to mind.

Hockaday wrote "In my book, his beating of Bowe started this wave of E. European heavies and at the time was the best win by a white heavy since Marciano".

That is a good point by Hockaday. I never really thought about it in those terms but it is true. Golota in many ways was the trailblazer for eastern Euro domination in the heavyweight division.
Truth be known, I always rooted for Golota. I seen both fights he had against Bowe and remember seeing Bowe looking quite nervous before the fights.
Bowe always had a huge size, and stregnth advantage over all his opponents. He did not have a stregnth advantage over Golota.
It is a shame though, I think Golota had so much unused potential and if things had went a little differently he could have made a legacy for himself. He seemed to self destruct in all his defining moments. I also agree that he was robbed blind against both Byrd, and robbed BIG TIME against Ruiz.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I thought he clearly beat Byrd, but got outworked by Ruiz, he literally gave away the last 7 rounds while Ruiz was on shaky legs ready to go. Golota has always had more talent than, brains or sense. At this point nearing 40 he has to get lucky to win a belt. He might be able to win one against a Maskaev type, but he doesn't beat any young guy.