Andreas Kotelnik

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Another opportunity for one of our guys to pick up a title. I thought this fight wasn't going to happen but apparently I was wrong.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Don King signed Andreas Kotelnik to fight Devon Alexander. It won't be easy for him to win.

He can't win on the scorecards in a Don King Promotions card, and unlike Pirog, he doesn't have that one-punch power that would enable him to win on the road.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Kotelnik can win two belts by beating Alexander. It is going to be tough for him since he has only knocked out 37 percent of his opponents. No way he gets a decision in Missouri. Crooked Don King will see to that.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't know about this one Lost. Kotelnik got manhandled by Amir Khan and he's fighting in America of all places. Hopefully he can put this negro on the canvas.

The Hock

Master
HMPHH! HUMPH! HYUH! HAH! Tonight in front of his hometown fans Devon Alexander lived up to the hype and issued a prolonged and brutal beating to Andre Kotelnik's boxing gloves. Alexander started things off with a beautiful HUMPH! HUMPH! HOO! HA! combination to Kotelnik's gloves and never gave them a moment's rest the remainder of the fight.

In the fifth Alexander stepped it up with two sizzling HUYAH! HUYAHS! followed by two HEEH! HEEHS! and a HOO! And never looked back except when Kotlenik was regularly snapping Alexander's head around with his own punches, adding to the pounding Kotelniks boxing gloves were taking.

In the end Alexander recieved a well cooked unanimous decision and Kotelniks beaten and battered boxing gloves were taken to the hospital overnight for observation.Edited by: The Hock

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I thought Kotelnik clearly won 7 or 8 rounds. Most of Alexander's punches were either missing or landing on Kotelnik's gloves.

I see most people on the boxing websites think Kotelnik deserved to win:

Boxingscene poll result

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Ahh yes!! Only in Don King's America!! We all know what happens with Don King.

Here is my best example of robbery. I was at the Adamek-Cunningham fight. It was in Newark so the site favored Adamek. Adamek knocks Cunningham down three times and wins at least 8 rounds yet one judge scores it for Cunningham.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Westside

Hall of Famer
It is typical for most of the American Boxing press and the crew at HBO to get all hyper over Devon Alexander, the next supernot affelet. What has he done? The only guy he beat was Durango a limited brawler. Some in the press and HBO were calling this guy the next Ray Leonard. No way, not now, not ever.

I have not seen this fight, but look forward to this affelet getting schooled and exposed. Kotenlnik had to know that he needed a KO to leave St Louis with the belt. The good thing is that most who saw the fight saw Andreas as the winner. Even some DWFs who were sober at the moment saw the screwing of Andreas and actually have stated it so on the blogs.

I think Devon is a smaller version of Pual Williams, mostly hype, and short on skill and ability. Right now, Williams doesn't believe his own hype, he is trying to drain himself for a 147 lb match against Pacman! Who is really a 140 lbs super fighter. Williams wants no part of Sergio Martinez and will do anything to avoid the Spanish Conquistador.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I didn't watch this fight as well. Several articles I read this morning state that Alexander had too much speed for Kotelnik. Kotelnik landed more punches according to Compubox though.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Good article from East Side Boxing on last night's fight:

By Ken Neir: In one of the worst decisions I've ever witnessed in my life, IBF/WBC light welterweight champion Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 KO's) defeated Andriy Kotelnik (31-4-1, 13 KO's) by a 12 round unanimous decision on Saturday night in front of a large home crowd at the Scottrade Center, in Saint Louis, Missouri. Alexander, 23, won the fight by the scores of 116-112, 116-112 and 116-112. However, Kotelnik appeared to win almost every round of the fight with a laser-like jab and deadly accurate shots. Alexander looked way out of his league in this fight and even if I was giving him some mercy rounds, I still would score the fight 9 rounds to 3 for Kotelnik. I would have to be really bending over backwards to give Alexander those three rounds, though, because he looked nothing short of awful tonight, like a walking punching bag. Before this fight, I had the impression that Alexander was the best of the light welterweights. However, after watching the 32-year-old Kotelnik easily handle Alexander, I'm now putting Timothy Bradley, Marcos Maidana, Victor Ortiz and Amir Khan all in front of Alexander in that order. Kotelnik said later, "I want the belt. I deserve it. If the fight were anywhere else but here, I'd be the champion."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Another white fighter is robbed by the crooked Don King. Eventually this piece of s-it King will be out of boxing. Then maybe boxing judges will be more legit.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
lost said:
Kotelink didn't have the power to take Alexander out, that's why the Klitschkos are still champs, if it were not for their power, they would have got robbed long ago.............

If the fight was in Europe he probably would have gotten the decision.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Kotelnik got"robbed" because he wasn't the showcase fighter. I thought the fight was close and could have gone either way. Max"Wigger" Kellerman thought the fight was probably shaded by Kotelnik. So I guess that probably means he should have won a clear unanimous decision....
smiley2.gif
If Kotelnik had lights out power he would have stopped Alexander late as Alexander was rocked a few times late in the fight. Edited by: white is right

ww

Guru
<div ="post" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 1.3em; line-height: 1.4em; font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; ">Boxing = Don King's "sports entertainment", just like McMahon's wrasslin, with pre-ordained decisions. They don't even bother to hide it anymore. There's ex-con career criminal Don King's ugly mug leering at you from the tv screens at almost every big fight - hired judges, house referees, the works.</div><div>
</div></span>

ww

Guru
<div>
88bton00t2.jpg
</div><div>
</div><div>A picture is worth a thousand words.</div>

ww

Guru
I also see that Fightnews.com carefully selected a few photos to make it appear that the negro actually won, and then they misquoted K's post-fight interview to have him saying "I want the title" whereas he really said "I won the title".<div>
</div><div>
</div>
Edited by: ww

So this is the fights HBO want's to show us! they turned down the Klitschkos, but like showing black vs white fights as long as the white fighter don't have the punchpower to turn a negro end toe's up to the lights.
and as long as it's in the negros hometown and a black racist is the promoter.

so i can see why HBO don't like the Klitschkos!!Edited by: lost

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I believe we are seeing a sort of caste system in boxing. Black boxers are losing at unprecedented rates these days and judges are doing some home cooking to give them wins.

Why do you think Haye was given his gift decision over Valuev in Germany of all places? The Jews know that Haye had a punchers chance against a Klitschko and were hoping he would fight one of them. It backfired because the coward Haye is hiding.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just finished watching last Saturday's robbery of the year. A couple of things:

1. I scored the fight 118 to 113 to Kotelnik, and I was being very generous to Devon.

2. Most, about 70% of Devon's punches were being blocked or hitting Kotelnik's forearms.

3. Harold Leadermen is either corrupt, going senile or was drunk on Manichevitz.

4. Too bad Kotelnik doesn't have knock out power, or Devon would have been KO'd in the 11th or 12th.

5. To give you an idea who the best fighters are today, just look at all of the top black trainers and who they are training. White and Hispanic Men. That pretty much sums where boxing is at today. No matter what the usual suspects try to spin.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This just proves that Alexander isn't the super afflete the media makes him out to be. I'm sure a number of European fighters could beat him. Alexander knows he lost that fight. He will be extremely cautious now and won't take a fight against a dangerous European fighter in Europe. That would certainly spell the end of his "undefeated" record.

JD074

Master
I gave Alexander the first two rounds, 3 and 4 were close, and Kotelnik won the rest. Like Westside, I try to be generous to the non-white opponent to compensate for any bias on my part, but I really couldn't find any round after the 4th to give to Alexander. Kotelnik was the clearly superior fighter from the 5th round on.

Lederman was ridiculous, the worst "analysis" that I've ever heard. He wasn't just giving close rounds to Alexander, he was giving clear-cut Kotelnik rounds to Alexander. His argument about Alexander's workrate is only relevant to the first 3-4 rounds, when Kotelnik wasn't throwing much. But after that, Kotelnik did more than enough to win rounds.

At one point, I counted Alexander throwing roughly 47 punches in a row that didn't land!
smiley36.gif