Andreas Kotelnik

Blue Devils

Mentor
Rees 27-0 (13) against Kotelnik 28-2 (12) Both of Kotelnik's losses were close disputed decisions to Witter and M'baye. Who do you think wins?
Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Kotelnik has faced better opposition and has a size advantage. He may have deserved a win over Witter, and did deserve to win his draw with M'Baye. I think he'll likely prevail.

However, Rees surprised me in his last fight against a decent opponent (M'Baye) so perhaps I'm underrating him again.

Angelcynn

Guru
I think Rees will win (not being biased). Rees will probably then fight Amir Kahn according to BBC sport, which would be a great fight. I wouldn't want to call that one! But I'm obviously going to root for Rees because Rees is a 'true' Briton unlike Khan despite Khans patriotism (which I really admire because most British Pakistanis would rather burn the Union Jack than wear it, ungreatful bastards).

Your right JD1986, Rees made good work of the supposidly formidable M'Baye which has given Rees so much confidence. He'll take that confidence into the Kotelnik fight which will spur him on to win I'm sure.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Thanks for the links. Now I know who this guy is. He has very fast hands and has good upper body movement. But he is very short (5,3") and has very little power. That tells me he needs to lose weight fast and get the hell out of the junior welterweight division now. I think he should try to fight at 130 instead of 140. He is from the Calzaghe stable, which obviously has helped him, but I'm wondering if he's not like their little brother. It seems he's been carefully protected. I say this sincerely because when I checked out his record I found out he has fought guys with 30+ and 40+ losses. That is shocking, quite frankly. He did manage to outbox M'baye and I wish him luck but he seriously should be fighting smaller men.Edited by: Maple Leaf

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the video, Shawn.

Kotelnik was clearly robbed in that one. He was landing the cleaner punches throughout the fight.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Kotelnik KO 12 Gavin Rees in a  tremendous fight
smiley32.gif

Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
shawn1262231 said:
Kotelnik KO 12 Gavin Rees in a  tremendous fight
smiley32.gif

Great fight!

I was thinking Kotelnik might get robbed again, but it turned out he was well ahead on all three cards going in to the last round. The ref had just called the knockdown a slip, but he was right to stop it because Rees was badly hurt.

It was an excellent performance by Andreas Kotelnik, but also a courageous performance by Gavin Rees, who was on the receiving end of hard punches throughout the fight, but kept on the attack.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Well, the better man won and the man that stands the better chance of going further in the division and possibly facing Khan or Witter. Great show all the same.

Angelcynn

Guru
I didn't realise that Kotelnik was that much taller than Rees! It made the difference. Goodluck to Kotelnik, I'd love to see him beat either Khan or Witter.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The Kotelnik-Khan fight is coming up on July 18. Can Kotelnik receive fair officiating on a Warren card in the UK?

Kotelnik was robbed of a deserved win when he fought the Warren-promoted M'Baye for the WBA title a couple of years ago. Interestingly, the judge who had the ridiculous score in that fight, was the same judge who had the ridiculous scorecard in Reid-Calzaghe (Joe clearly won) and yesterday in the Chambers-Dimitrenko fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Hopefully we'll be able to find a stream to watch this fight today.

It would be nice to see Kotelnik defeat the overhyped Amir Khan.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Looks like Kotelnik will lose his title.
smiley19.gif

Khan had been working with the best boxing trainer, Freddie Roach. I could see he taught Khan some better defense.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Bad loss for Kotelnik. One judge had it 108-120
smiley5.gif
No way was that a shutout.

Khan since winning the belt has called out Hatton. If I was Ricky I'd jump at the chance to face him. Hatton will knock him out within eight.

It's always bad to lose a belt but off the top of my head I can think of three title fights coming up with our guys involved.

1.) Huck vs Ramirez WBO Cruiserweight August 29
2.) Romanov vs Angulo IBF Lightweight August 1st
3.) Gulyakevich vs Gutierrez WBC Superfeather August 22

Of the three, Huck-Ramirez is the one where our guy should win.

Romanov hasn't fought in over a year so inactivity might hinder his performance. Romanov at the top of his game would handle Angulo with ease.

Gulyakevich-Gutierrez is a fight I just learned of on this site http://www.15rounds.com/gulaykevich-gutierrez-for-wbc-130-title/

Westside

Hall of Famer
Alexander is going to be the odds favorite. He has some ability but as usaul once an affelet gets a win over a respected opponent(Durango) he is the next Sugar Ray Leonard with today MSM. Kotelnik must have a great game plan and excellent jab in this fight. Maybe the extra 7 lbs might do him some good, increase his strength and power.

When he fought Khan, Khan white washed him. Good luck to him. He wins this fight, big things are ahead.