Andrea Bargnani

j41181

Master
41 points... The best scoring night for Bargnani... spoiled by the Knicks (113-110, game-winner by Felton).

41 points (16-24 FG's, 2-3 3pt's, 7-9 FT's)
smiley20.gif

7 rebounds
6 assists
2 steals

Like Kevin Love, Bargnani is having a giant leap individually. The rebounds are slowly improving. Gallinari had 20 points, 9 rebounds for the Knicks. As a bonus, Marco Belinelli adds another to his breakout season for the Hornets... 22 points!

foobar75

Master
It's the Italian invasion, somewhat similar to when all the Argentinians started to flow into the NBA in the early parts of the 2000s.

Hopefully, that pipe-line will produce more players from Italy. It's too bad that Germany did not give us any more players after Dirk, and the current crop of Argentinians are slowly starting to get old, although Manu/Scola/Nocioni/Delfino, et al, should be around for a few more years. I'd like see some fresh blood from there, however.

Turkey seems to send a good player or 2 every few years, and Eastern/Central Europe is always a reliable pool with Lithuania and Croatia/Serbia producing quality players. Spain is also a great source of white talent. I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't seen anyone from Greece make it in the NBA as a legit player.

My preference above all is to have more white American players, and the success of Kevin Love and David Lee is great news. But the caste system is much stronger here than in Europe and elsewhere, so I'm less optimistic as far as the US is concerned.