Adamek vs Arreola !

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Not yet. They need some more cerveza!

Adamek is the man. Clearly he does not have the size of your typical heavyweight but boy can this guy fight. He reminds me a little of Calazghe how he attacks from many angles. He also gets in and gets out quick. Tomas takes less punishment that way. It is what won him the fight. Very smart and gifted fighter.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Excellent, courageous performance by Tomasz Adamek.

Arreola had an advantage size, strength, and HW experience. The fight was in Arreola's home with Goossen's crooked referee Jack Reiss, who kept warning Tomasz about low blows that were not low, and didn't let him put his mouthpiece back in when it came out.

Still Tomasz kept his cool, adjusted and found a way to win. The scorecard with a draw was ridiculous home cooking, it should have been a wide UD 117 to 111.

Props to Arreola for taking a lot of punishment and not giving up, and for acknowledging Adamek clearly won in the post-fight interview.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Great win for Tomasz!! I think some of us were wrong about him not being able to fight at heavyweight.
smiley2.gif
I too would like to see him fight Haye next as he can beat him.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Ha, ha - greatboxing by Tomek.

As Parody mentioned, Arreola deserves credit for his post-fight comments.Black boxers, on the other hand, can get knocked out into a week-long coma, then upon waking up - once the wiring is removed from their jaws - say that they were robbed and are the superior fighters.
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I didn't watch the fight last night. I fell asleep at 11pm. Oh well. I was pretty confident in Adamek but knew that there was always the chance he could get hit with a punch from Arreola and get knocked out.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just finished watching the replay. I am truely impressed with Tomasz boxing performance. It was masterful! That was one of the better heavyweight fights I have seen over the last 10 years.

It was like watch Sergio and Pavlik but at a higher weight. I have Tomasz winning by 2 or 3 rounds. Cristobal really tried to close the show but Tomasz fought the right plan with great discipline.

He exihibited great movement and ring generalship for a heavyweight. He reminded me of a present day Gene Tunney. I hope he can secure a fight with David Gaye but after this, Gaye with look toward the slumbering/slow giant Vulve or what ever his name is.

Also, Tomasz demonstrated a great chin. Cristobal really rocked him in the 5th and 10th round with vicious rights and uppercuts, but shook it off. Alot of the time Tomasz went with the punch, to avoid full impact.

Great Job!!!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Right now I suspect Mossaud is stringing up a noose for Ross Greenburg to hang himself for creating an enviroment for Tomasz to win big on the national stage!

Oh well I guess the next Jew in line at HBO can set up Tomasz to lose against David Gaye......NOT

Westside

Hall of Famer
Ok, before the flame war starts my last post was a total joke. Not meant to offend anyone or start a sour thread after Tomasz great victory. Just trying to be funny.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Ok, before the flame war starts my last post was a total joke. Not meant to offend anyone or start a sour thread after Tomasz great victory. Just trying to be funny.

Westside, where did you watch the fight? Was it online and can you provide a link?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
Excellent, courageous performance by Tomasz Adamek.

Arreola had an advantage size, strength, and HW experience. The fight was in Arreola's home with Goossen's crooked referee Jack Reiss, who kept warning Tomasz about low blows that were not low, and didn't let him put his mouthpiece back in when it came out.

Still Tomasz kept his cool, adjusted and found a way to win. The scorecard with a draw was ridiculous home cooking, it should have been a wide UD 117 to 111.

Props to Arreola for taking a lot of punishment and not giving up, and for acknowledging Adamek clearly won in the post-fight interview.

Arreola is a decent guy. He doesn't talk the usual s-it that affletes talk before every fight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 got home from work at 0630 in morning westcoast time and saw the replay on one of my five HBO channels. Missed the Angulo v Julio war though, will catch that later tonight as well as Kesseler's great win on Showtime.

Sorry WA 33 no links, it costs me $100.00 to run two tvs on Dish Network. Boxing is one of the main reasons I subscribe to it. It is a great relief especially hearing about the abortion called the 75th NFL draft, good God!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Here's a video of the fight for download:

Adamek vs. Arreola

Download the file by saving it to a folder, click on it and play it in Windows Media Player (or a better media player like KMPlayer, which can be downloaded for free).

JD074

Master
Man, he just barely won in Arreola's backyard. Good thing he pulled out a dominant 12th round! If he lost that round, or if it was close, it would've been a draw. Whew, close one!

Great conditioning, too. He seemed to tire a bit against Estrada, but he was good down the stretch in this one, despite getting hit with much bigger shots. Perhaps still growing into his HW body a bit. This fight was a scary prospect. I think we all had a nightmare scenario of witnessing Adamek get laid out. Thank God that didn't happen.

But please, no Klitschko's! Bring on David Haye! Edited by: JD074

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm watching the fight right now. I notice Lennox "Coward" Lewis is constantly saying Adamek's footwork is terrible. Maybe the idiot should box again so he can show him the "correct" way.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I was pleasantly surprised that Adamek rode out the rough patch that he had in the middle rounds. Conditioning and skills won him this fight as Arreola gassed himself when he had Adamek slightly stunned. Adamek should get a title shot out of this win or at least an eliminator. I think because of his marketing ability he could get a NYC fight against either Klitschko or against Haye in his major American debut.

ww

Guru
What, the boxing mobsters cheaped out and only hired two officials last night, Jack Reiss and Tony Crebs? Look, if you wanna fix fights you either go all the way and hire the whole crew or you don't even bother.

ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I scored the bout 116-112 for Adamek. Adamek had the superior hand speed and defensive skills. He also landed cleaner punches but I could see Arreola hurt Adamek a few times. Adamek wasn't hurt to the point that he would have gotten knocked out but he was a bit stunned.

JReb1

Mentor
Adamek dominated the fight much more than the score cards showed and he wasn't nearly hurt as much as the Caste Crew announcing the fight claimed. Adamek was tripping on his shoe that the sole was falling off and rolling with the punches making them look like they were landing better than they did. Adamek most likely beats Haye unless he gets caught with something stupid but he just isn't big or powerful enough to beat a KlitschkO.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The only way Adamek is getting a title shot with Haye is if he wins an eliminator and it's a mandatory defense for Haye. No way Haye is giving Adamek a title shot. He knows it's a dangerous fight for himself.

Westside

Hall of Famer
A fight bwtn Tomasz vs Gaye would be huge on the eastcoast or in Europe. Haye will have to think twice about letting that money slip through his fingers while he can command it. But if he doesn't it won't surprise me.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Good win for Adamek, but not unexpected. Tomasz used his skill, speed and stamina against a uni-dimensional clubber in CriesToBawl.

It will not be as easy against Gayvid Gayfaker. Gayvid will show more movement, slipping and counter punching against Adamek. My heart is with Adamek, however, this fight worries me.