2024 March Madness

white lightning

Hall of Famer
who are the 3 white guys in the top 6 right now?

This is projected so who knows if it holds up. Way too early but it's still a positve sign. Donovan Clingan, Dalton Knecht and Reed Sheppard. Even if they all go in the top 10 picks I will be happy. I think Sheppard could fall towards the 8, 9 or 10 pick. He is only a freshman. Hope he isn't making a mistake by leaving too soon. It has worked out for Gradey Dick though luckily.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Pulling for Purdue tonight but won’t be upset if UConn wins.

white is right

Hall of Famer
They would be biting the hand that feeds them. She has the potential to raise everybody's pay which at the moment is the range of AAA baseball for the typical player and stars only make practice squad money for the NFL.

As for the game yesterday size kills and the Amazonian front court plus the depth of South Carolina wore down the short rotation of Iowa. Unless Clark had a whole game close to her first quarter the game would have gone this way 9 times out of 10.

PS I recall 3 athletes who carried new leagues on their back with big pay for their eras. Red Grange was given points on the gate of the Bears games and put the NFL on the map when it was viewed as a semi pro sport similar to the WNBA at the moment. Joe Namath signed a crazy contract at the time which got the struggling AFL instant fan credibility and turned the Jets into a credible franchise when the Titans/Jets had an attendance of a few thousand a game. Also Bobby Hull signed a contract similar to Joe Namath with the Winnipeg Jets but while he was a sensation in Winnipeg it didn't help the league in new markets that had little hockey legacy before the formation of the new league.

I think Clark could get a personal service contract from the league just from the history of players with this star power. If I were her agent I would try and leverage this.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
LIke most of you I think tonights game is a huge win/win no matter who comes out on top. With that being said go Purdue Boilermakers!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
They would be biting the hand that feeds them. She has the potential to raise everybody's pay which at the moment is the range of AAA baseball for the typical player and stars only make practice squad money for the NFL.
She may help raise everyone's pay, but I won't be watching anymore women's college/professional BB anytime soon. I watched 2 women's games for the first time in my life and it was only because of Clark. I have no intention of tuning in any next season. I'll be surprised if the viewership remains as high next season as it was this year. How are they going to pay all these women big contracts if interest wanes?

white is right

Hall of Famer
She may help raise everyone's pay, but I won't be watching anymore women's college/professional BB anytime soon. I watched 2 women's games for the first time in my life and it was only because of Clark. I have no intention of tuning in any next season. I'll be surprised if the viewership remains as high next season as it was this year. How are they going to pay all these women big contracts if interest wanes?
I too have only watched Clark games in the Final 4 last year and one or two regular season games this year plus the Final 4 this year. I have seen maybe a minute or two of WNBA basketball in the close to 30 years of league play. Clark might be a unicorn for fan interest but if she can get eyeballs on the WNBA for a more lucrative television contract it would benefit everyone.

If interest stays static or recedes after a bump I suspect any wage gains after inflation will be quickly clawed back as the league really is being propped up by PC sentiments.

PWHL already signed a Clark type and she is getting paid a contract that isn't in the leagues salary range for a typical player in the women's hockey league. So this isn't unprecedented for a fledgling league.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Five and a half brothas starting in the national Championship game!!!!
This is the most enjoyable title game to watch since Duke vs Butler back in 2010 (unless I’m forgetting a better year).

I’m rooting for all the White athletes but if I have to choose I’ll pick Purdue as they have more Whites on the overall roster and a friendlier program generally. If Karaban and Clingan turn pro, UConn could be a coal black program again next year. Purdue will remain White friendly seeing their underclassmen and recruits.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
Very enjoyable and competitive game so far. I can’t recall the last time I watched a game of this magnitude and didn’t root for one side or the other. I’ll be happy for whomever wins.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Camden Heide with one of the best put back dunks you’ll ever see!

Edit: Thank you Snow Plow! You are quick with the highlights!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Camden "Air" Heide with the Play of the Game.

UConn turned this game into a blowout. Congrats to the UConn Huskies on Back to Back Championships!

Riggins44

Master
Great game. Glad UConn won but a victory for our people and white athletes in general. Best title game in years.