2023 World Outdoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This not holding the relays until the end is really stupid. I wanted to see Femke Bol as fresh as possible for her main event.

I agree. Overall Hungary is a beautiful country and they are holding a great World Championsips but that is an improvement
they could have made. I also would like to see them save the 100 meters for later on in the World Champs for the Men. Still
alot of excitment to come.

We just may see new world records in the Pole Vault, Mens 400 Meter Hurdles, Mens 1500 Meters, Mens 5000 meters, womens 400
meter hurdles to name some of the top of my head. I feel Swoboda just may go 10.89 in the semis or finals. She is in such great
shape and minus the tattoos I admire her desire to compete with the best of the best. She can motivate many more ladies in Poland
I truely believe Norway is leading the way with Poland close behind in the youth movement with so much talent! Would like to see
other countries in Europe RISE UP and reclaim the throne!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I truly believe that Browning really threw off Kerleys game by staying with him for 70m.

Good point sprintstar. Browning did well but I wish he could have held him off. Henrik Larsson got a very slow start but still came
from way back in the pack to finish tied for 5th place. A better start for him and maybe he is in the top 3. Browning needed to
finish just a little stronger. I think Browning is close to peak but can get a little more speed before the summer is over. Hoping
he can take 1 or 2 more attempts at that sub 10. It's got to be killing him mentally and emotionally now like it did with Shirvington.

Just as an example. Look how long it took Ewa Swoboda to get her first sub 11 wind legal. Today she got her 2nd less than a month after
her first. Sprinting is as much mental as physical. You have to believe before you achieve.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just so you guys know I'm couldn't find a channel to watch the world championships today. So I'm going to watch it the recorded
version as if it were live later today. I'm gonna do my best to avoid this thread and any track sports news until I know what has happened.
So if I'm not commenting here on what happened till tonight, you guys know why. I prefer watching it live but if I can keep the results
a suprise it's the next best thing. Will comment alot later today or tonight when I can finally watch it. I had links that worked the first
few days but no luck anymore and I don't have peacock.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I truly believe that Browning really threw off Kerleys game by staying with him for 70m.
There have been a lot of upsets in the sprints so far Charlton and Kerley both bombed out and we had more today but I won't spoil it for white lightening.

Anybody betting chalk at a bookmaker could be living in box soon the way the form has been in the sprints.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I watched it. So happy for Ewa Swoboda to make the finals. I was crushed at first like you guys. She ran a 10.97 out of lane 1
for her 3rd sub 11 of her career! Despite finishing in 6th she is now a star on the world stage and not just in Europe. I'm so proud
of her. I just felt so bad for so many of our men & women short sprinters mostly getting the worst lane draws but Richardson of
the US proved you can win a gold medal out of the extreme outside line. It was a good race.

I want to comment on something that really bothers me. When I was young and dumb I went to many rock concerts and never understood
that certain hand signs are the Devils Horns. I noticed both Lyles and Richardson doing it alot. Also Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce of Jamaica. It's
really distubing just like the triple 6 sign. All I can say is we are in a spiritual war and when many athletes, movies stars, music stars, leaders,
etc. etc. talk about the god they worship it's not the same God that we worship. Just had to say that as I'm a christian.

The womens 400 meters was great, Lieke Klaver looked amazing as usual but I really think Natalia Kaczmaek will win the gold.

Femke Bol looks amazing and it's good to see after the terrible fall. Same for the Viking Warrior Karsten Warholm!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One more thing about Ewa Swoboda. She ran rounds of 10.99, 11.01 and 10.97 all wind legal. She just missed having 3 straight
sub 11's at the World Championships in her first time making it to the highest level. Be very proud of her guys.

sprintstar

Mentor
and Swoboda beat DAS, Tamari Davis of the USA and Brittany Brown although by thousandths of a second.... Now let me see SFP had braces, Jackson has braces, Natasha Morrison has braces..... SC Richardson ran fast but I still think she is using PEDS

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
and Swoboda beat DAS, Tamari Davis of the USA and Brittany Brown although by thousandths of a second....
If Swoboda can hold her speed better over the last 10 meters or so, she could really be a contender.
So she needs to work on her speed endurance. Otherwise, I think it was a great set of races for her. And she can be proud that she made it to the finals. Hopefully, this boosts her confidence going forward.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The womens 400 meters was great, Lieke Klaver looked amazing as usual but I really think Natalia Kaczmaek will win the gold.
Unfortunately, there's a Caster Semanya type (very man-ish) in the 400m finals that could spoil things.
Fingers crossed that Klaver or Kaczmaek wins. Otherwise, any other woman besides Paulino.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It would be great if Filippo Tortu could actually return to his form of a few years ago and get to the semi finals or finals. It's a long
shot though as the level of talent is off the charts. He would need a huge p.b. just to make the finals. Wonder if Charlie Dobson will
run or if it's just Hughes for the U.K England Team. I haven't seen the starting lists yet.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
On a quick side note about 19 year old Russian Sprinter Konstantin Krylov. He won't be 20 until March of 2024. He
ran about a week ago in The 2023 Russian Championships. He was one of the younger guys there. Despite this he
finished in 2nd in the Mens 100 Meters Finals running a time of 10.22 +0.6!

So this very talented Russian Teenager has run 10.22, 10.17, 10.15 and 10.22 all wind legal in 4 of his last 6 races! I have
no doubt that if he is allowed to compete internationally in the next few years that he will be a star. He has that look &
swagger along with incredible confidence. His 200 meters is outstanding too for his age. One to watch closely in the next
decade!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another quick note. Since Christophe Lemaitre and Ramil Guliyev we have not had a true sprinter star on the mens side that could
compete for titles at the highest level. Adam Gemeli had promise and he would be the other most consistant guy. I see more and
more women sprinters stepping it up in both America and in Europe. It's time for our men to step up their A Game in the coming
years. I am very optomistic about the future. It sucks we lost Cole Beck and Gatlin Bair but we do have Brody Buffington here along
with Boling if he can move on to a new coach. More names will show up. In Europe I think alot of the young guys are seeing that they
can compete in may events and actually become stars, win medals and set world records. Despite the horrible state of the world, we
have to believe that the next generation of youngsters will get the men back up to a higher level. I cannot wait! Never give up!

Even Filippo Tortu at 24 still has time if he will leave his coach. Larsson(23) and Ceccarelli (23)will be alot better next year. I am really gonna
watch Marek Zakrzewski (17) and Krylov (19)closely. Armand Van Der Walt(18) has serious upside if we include South Africa in this topic and of
course Rohan Browning(25) still has time. We need more of the young guys to go above and beyond what the current guys have done.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
White men can't jump they say, but Gianmarco Tamberi of Italy wins the men's high jump at the World Track and Field Championships.

freedom1

Mentor
The high jump really has not advanced much in recent years. I remember Dwight Stones doing 7'-7" back in the day.

I see Renan Correa will going in the 200. I hope his injury has cleared up.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The high jump really has not advanced much in recent years. I remember Dwight Stones doing 7'-7" back in the day.

True about the high jump.

Meanwhile, excited to see that Correa is entered in the 200m. But I will temper any expectations, since he has been injured most of the year.
Also Ramil Guliyev is on the start lists for the 200m.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

The High Jump has always been dominated by the majority white men from around the world. The Best !0 High Jumpers!

mqdefault.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Mens 400 Meters Semi Finals was today. Håvard Bentdal Ingvaldsen made the finals.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile, excited to see that Correa is entered in the 200m. But I will temper any expectations, since he has been injured most of the year.
I see that Correa won the 200m at the Pan Am U20 Championships earlier this month in Puerto Rico. His time was 20.44.

We've already noted that Tyler Azcano won the 100m, and Will Floyd of Canada won the 400m.
So it was a clean sweep for white sprinters at these Games.
Unfortunately, I can't video for any of these races.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
we don’t talk much about the pole vault outside of the phenomenal Mondo, however it’s an impressive display of overall athleticism ESPECIALLY at the elite level. the athletes have to be pretty fast, very strong, and have both tremendous flexibility and spacial cognition.

all that being said, there’s a competitor that’s made it to the finals that i have personally had the opportunity to watch on a few occasions. Zach McWhorter went to high school in Northwest Arkansas just down the road a few miles from where i used to live. his dad had a house even closer that had a regulation pole vault pit installed for him to practice on. it’s super cool to know that a young man from my part of the world has overcome a LOT of challenges to achieve at that level. best of luck to him this afternoon!