2023 NFL Week Three

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did you catch the PFF rating for Pitt's 4/5 sumo linemen when they were introduced? All five of them were either dead last or close to it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Did you catch the PFF rating for Pitt's 4/5 sumo linemen when they were introduced? All five of them were either dead last or close to it.

Why do they even put those rankings up if they do not discuss them and point out the obvious poor play?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Why do they even put those rankings up if they do not discuss them and point out the obvious poor play?
Probably because Crissie owns PFF. Might be part of his contract to show the ratings, or just a form of free advertising for what's a monopoly in the field anyway.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Probably because Crissie owns PFF. Might be part of his contract to show the ratings, or just a form of free advertising for what's a monopoly in the field anyway.

One would think if he owns it he would be out there touting the accuracy of the metrics used and applying them to bad play by the Steelers offensive line. That would make too much sense LOL.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Poor Kenny Pickett. Him and Zach Wilson are likely behind the two worst lines in the NFL. Not a great way to develop young quarterbacks.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
One would think if he owns it he would be out there touting the accuracy of the metrics used and applying them to bad play by the Steelers offensive line. That would make too much sense LOL.
It might be seen as too incestuous or a conflict of interest.

Watt and now Crosby with sacks. Crosby might get more given the Steelers' subpar tackles.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yet another game where the Raiders play keep the ball away from Hunter Renfrow. You just can't make this stuff up.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I noticed the pff rankings as well for Pitts OL! I believe they’re dead last in how much they pay their Offensive Linemen. Seems like a great strategy to utilize with a young QB.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I'm really not enjoying this broadcast at all. There's this fellow, Chris Collinsworth, analyzing the game. He's terrible.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I'm really not enjoying this broadcast at all. There's this fellow, Chris Collinsworth, analyzing the game. He's terrible.

Another thing that irks me about this game, is an elite receiver, number 13, for the Raiders is missing in action.

Warhawk_46

Master
Yet another game where the Raiders play keep the ball away from Hunter Renfrow. You just can't make this stuff up.
Adams is a good receiver, same as Jefferson for the Vikings, but holy cow to their white quarterbacks force the ball to them despite others being consistently open. Sure their stats are crazy but the teams don’t win when forcing the ball to one players. Terrible team football going in Las Vegas. Renfrow needs to get outta Dodge pronto.

To Collinsworth's credit, he did ask question why Renfrow has disappeared in the Raider's offense. And everyone not named Devonte Adams for that matter. McDaniels made a living throwing to white slot WRs in NE so you'd think Renfrow would be his kind of guy.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
To Collinsworth's credit, he did ask question why Renfrow has disappeared in the Raider's offense. And everyone not named Devonte Adams for that matter. McDaniels made a living throwing to white slot WRs in NE so you'd think Renfrow would be his kind of guy.
Garappolo threw a lot to Meyers as well. He had 7 catches and 12 targets. Adams had 20 targets. The tight ends Mayer and Hooper were shut out.

There's been rumors for months about the Raiders wanting to trade Renfrow. I wish they'd just go ahead and do it.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Adams is a good receiver, same as Jefferson for the Vikings, but holy cow to their white quarterbacks force the ball to them despite others being consistently open. Sure their stats are crazy but the teams don’t win when forcing the ball to one players. Terrible team football going in Las Vegas. Renfrow needs to get outta Dodge pronto.
And they lost the game because of this short sightedness.. the amount of forced throws to Adams at the expense of the other receivers limited their chances of winning.

And by now after 3 games, Renfrow must be getting the message. Time to make that trade happen.

Warhawk_46

Master
And they lost the game because of this short sightedness.. the amount of forced throws to Adams at the expense of the other receivers limited their chances of winning.

And by now after 3 games, Renfrow must be getting the message. Time to make that trade happen.
It just boggles the mind because McDaniels and Garrapolo are going to be looking for jobs very soon with how they are running the offense.

Renfrow is a Pro Bowl-caliber slot receiver, one of the best in the entire league. McDaniels has been nothing short of disappointing from a caste-and-results perspective as a head coach.

I will state again, it was not Belichick or McDaniels or anyone besides Brady responsible for the stellar white talent during the dynasty years. I’m sure Kraft listened to Brady on the type of players he wanted to surround himself with.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just checked the latest stats as I love to follow those types of things.

Kirk Cousins leads the NFL in passing yards with 1075 yards!

Christian McCaffrey leads the NFL in rushing with 353 yards!

TJ Watt leads the NFL in total sacks with 6 so far and it's very early!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
It just boggles the mind because McDaniels and Garrapolo are going to be looking for jobs very soon with how they are running the offense.

Renfrow is a Pro Bowl-caliber slot receiver, one of the best in the entire league. McDaniels has been nothing short of disappointing from a caste-and-results perspective as a head coach.

I will state again, it was not Belichick or McDaniels or anyone besides Brady responsible for the stellar white talent during the dynasty years. I’m sure Kraft listened to Brady on the type of players he wanted to surround himself with.

Yes, Brady's input must have been tremendous. I don't know if we'll ever see QBs like Brady and Manning exercising so much clout upon an organization again. McDumb*$$ is a little man.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Garappolo threw a lot to Meyers as well. He had 7 catches and 12 targets. Adams had 20 targets. The tight ends Mayer and Hooper were shut out.

There's been rumors for months about the Raiders wanting to trade Renfrow. I wish they'd just go ahead and do it.
Glad the Raiders lost with this totally unsustainable approach. 32 of 44 targets (!!!) went to 2 players. This just simply won't work and the defense can just hone in on those guys.

McAsshole or McDumbass? Maybe he's both.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Glad the Raiders lost with this totally unsustainable approach. 32 of 44 targets (!!!) went to 2 players. This just simply won't work and the defense can just hone in on those guys.

McAsshole or McDumbass? Maybe he's both.
When I see McAsshole answering questions about the team he always strikes me as quite a beta, which is likely why the Peter Principle quickly kicks in when he becomes a head coach. He might realize it too as he was content to going back to being Belichick's offensive coordinator for over a decade after the debacle when he coached the Broncos. But the Raiders threw a ton of money at him, enough for him to easily be set for life, so why not?

Of the all-Caste Clown Belichick "coaching tree" (the blackballed Mangini excepted of course), I dislike McDumbass (McDumbasshole?) the most as he had tremendous success year after year working with the "throwback" Patriots offenses, but in his two stints as a head coach he first royally screwed over Peyton Hillis and now Hunter Renfrow.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
When I see McAsshole answering questions about the team he always strikes me as quite a beta, which is likely why the Peter Principle quickly kicks in when he becomes a head coach. He might realize it too as he was content to going back to being Belichick's offensive coordinator for over a decade after the debacle when he coached the Broncos. But the Raiders threw a ton of money at him, enough for him to easily be set for life, so why not?

Of the all-Caste Clown Belichick "coaching tree" (the blackballed Mangini excepted of course), I dislike McDumbass (McDumbasshole?) the most as he had tremendous success year after year working with the "throwback" Patriots offenses, but in his two stints as a head coach he first royally screwed over Peyton Hillis and now Hunter Renfrow.

Spot on Don. Your last paragraph especially nails it home. He has proved to be one of the biggest cuck coach's out there with little
or no pride in his ancestry. Disgusting what people will do for money. Many will ever sell out their own family for the riches!

El Gringo

Mentor

I would like to throw in McDickweed into the lexicon! It seems to fit him because I’m sure he’s a member of the 2 inch club. There’s no doubt Brady completely dominated that guy in the locker room and during the games which may explain his treatment of white players.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I'm guess there are a lot of athlete receivers that wish their prime was as good as "washed up" Adam Thielen.
That's my highlight of week 2. Thielen having a renaissance week, showing everyone he's got plenty left in the tank.