2023 NFL Week Three

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did Chris Fowler just say Charlie Jones has "blazing speed"? I always considered him a major Caste Clown but apparently even he's improved in recent years. There really aren't many openly Caste announcers left these days. Maybe we should give ourselves a collective pat on the back!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Trey Hendricksen and Logan Wilson are in beast mode in this one.

TwentyTwo

Master
Charlie Jones 4 punt returns for 44 yards. Has a TD this season as well.
Yes indeed! A threat to break one every time he touches the ball!

Britian Covey had 3 punt returns for 81 yards + 30 yard kickoff return = 111 total yards!

Burrow not being able to participate in most of Summer Camp ; left him extra rusty! Toughing out that calf strain ; he got his ex college team mate from National Championship LSU WR Chase involved!

How bout Logan Wilson & Reed Blankenship!
Saints fans really miss DE Trey Hendrickson more n more!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Puka Nacua was held in check, catching 5 passes for 72 yards, far less than what he did the first two games. And 37 of those yards came on a play near the end of the game with busted coverage. Cooper Kupp is eligible to return in Week 5 if he's recovered from his hamstring issue and if he's game ready should as always be Matt Stafford's main target to throw to.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Yes indeed! A threat to break one every time he touches the ball!

Britian Covey had 3 punt returns for 81 yards + 30 yard kickoff return = 111 total yards!

Burrow not being able to participate in most of Summer Camp ; left him extra rusty! Toughing out that calf strain ; he got his ex college team mate from National Championship LSU WR Chase involved!

How bout Logan Wilson & Reed Blankenship!
Saints fans really miss DE Trey Hendrickson more n more!
Between Blankenship and Wilson last night they had 3 interceptions. Yet Whites aren't being recruited to play defense anymore other than the few outliers. This is obvious BS for anyone with an open mind and some common sense.

I think if Reed can stay healthy, he finishes the year as an obvious top 5 safety. Hopefully he becomes the new "Harrison Smith". An established, elite, no-doubt starter since Smith is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Between Blankenship and Wilson last night they had 3 interceptions. Yet Whites aren't being recruited to play defense anymore other than the few outliers. This is obvious BS for anyone with an open mind and some common sense.

I think if Reed can stay healthy, he finishes the year as an obvious top 5 safety. Hopefully he becomes the new "Harrison Smith". An established, elite, no-doubt starter since Smith is getting a bit long in the tooth.
Proves our point. You have to be an elite White Guy to play defense in NFL. The rest of the roster is reserved for limitless, no names, upsiders.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even though we haven't seen Alec Pierce have as much as an impact as we would like so far I do think that will change in the coming weeks.

Last Sunday in the Colts vs Ravens Game they threw to Pierce 7 times of which he only had 3 receptions. I didn't get to see the game live so I'm not sure how many were his fault and how many will bad throws. Let's just say he had too many drops for now. Despite not playing great
he had the highest average yards per catch on the team at 14.3 yards per catch! The other receivers averaged 7 and 8 yards per catch. So he
shows his speed right there. Those other 2 receievers were targeted 11 times and 12 times. They had many drops too. So Minshew actually
played better but all of his receivers struggled. That being said I do this as an up and coming team.

As Pierce gains the trust of both qb's I see him being a bigger factor in the 2nd half of the season. Even though he is the 3rd option currently he is in a far better situation than most of our guys other than Thielen and Kupp who are both stars.